[MAP] Trun (6) revised

Playmobill's mapping corner - share your work and exchange tips & tricks for all things "Worldbuilder"
mofetagalactica

[MAP] Trun (6) revised

Post by mofetagalactica »

I have edited one of the well know bk-maps "Trun", since it didn't have love because it was considerated a "bridge map", so i hope it becomes more popular, expect new pasable terrains, no bridges, new fuel/ammo points.

I will upload the link later at mediafire , so for now a 48 hs link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/awvipse7 ... bridge.sga

Hope you enjoy.
Last edited by mofetagalactica on 05 Oct 2017, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Re: [MAP] - Edit Trunz

Post by Kr0noZ »

Could you add some screenshots to show off the changes?
I don't feel like downloading a map and starting a game to see the differences, especially if some of them are not "in your face" so I might miss them...
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

mofetagalactica

Kr0noZ wrote:Could you add some screenshots to show off the changes?
I don't feel like downloading a map and starting a game to see the differences, especially if some of them are not "in your face" so I might miss them...

Sure

tact.jpg
0acdf61e7401b60665b8b3dbadc69ba6.jpg

139a7f731c15098bfbb1a6fa1b261fe3.jpg
32dd299d1e7bbb8bc0fe48f4d8c1cb89.jpg
16a6efe97052b3627879d83264f90169.jpg
14d4849e66c763bf289234c3ce3569e4.jpg
9d73266b316afd62474460b1b981fa3a.jpg
6b703d6ca850dd86229cf5eb43968205.jpg
5fce46b95302fe8121dfe410ec5cded6.jpg
5c5cbb7619c757743fc07b48438c3fb6.jpg
Last edited by mofetagalactica on 05 Oct 2017, 22:54, edited 2 times in total.

mofetagalactica

Kr0noZ wrote:Could you add some screenshots to show off the changes?

Part2

f8ff4f55d6229d1cd9a7eb067f8c573f.jpg
e83f896ee3b800a0c85f162604842d03.jpg
de3656b94daf0ad06ecf25d7e94e6da5.jpg
dad35dd62034b3a13b11138d343ae423.jpg
c776175779f006bb6a4d5ab807021716.jpg
24634791621b70792e4e2cac85d06e2b.jpg
78375b31afabaf5a61ca6f2432fa8798.jpg
797a7c59f9d5f3e4459b9c6090479327.jpg
9d73266b316afd62474460b1b981fa3a.jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Looks good, most importantly as I told you on Steam.. make sure bridges and mortar bunkers are all removed... This would be so great, I can see you are actually doing some good progress! I will also test it soon, and see if there is any technical issues that I could fix.

I would also have to hint Playmobill about it so he could have a look.
And again, if you have any further questions about maps in general.. just don't hesitate to poke me on Steam and I will always be there to answer ;)

I would love to see a professional group of handful "Mappers" for Bk Mod. And this is just the start I think...
This way Bk could literally get brand new maps and map revisions frequently enough when it's finally on Steam! No more boring over played maps.

Anyone who has the talent and the free time to modify CoH1 maps should come to this forum section and ask whatever he wants. I will try to answer the best I can, and if anything I can't answer.. then I bet our expert (Playmobill) would be right there to answer even ahead of me ^^

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

This looks great actually.. only problem i saw with this map, apart from the river, was that bases were so close to each other and maybe needed to be relocated. I'll try to test it when you're done and see how it works.

Thanks for putting your efforts in this btw! :)

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Looks promissing !
I agree with Toni, if you know how to expand bases, try to do it. a good test for base size is AI and PE buildings: if AI can fit all the PE buildings, then its perfect.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

mofetagalactica

sgtToni95 wrote:This looks great actually.. only problem i saw with this map, apart from the river, was that bases were so close to each other and maybe needed to be relocated. I'll try to test it when you're done and see how it works.

Thanks for putting your efforts in this btw! :)

Playmobill wrote:Looks promissing !
I agree with Toni, if you know how to expand bases, try to do it. a good test for base size is AI and PE buildings: if AI can fit all the PE buildings, then its perfect.

MMm i can try making something like this, Red is moving base to location, and green is re-making the zone.

editarmapa.png

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Not sure moving spawns is the best solution.
You could for example reduce the part of these forest (that you marked in red), using smaller rectangular chunks of forest instead of the big square ones.
Then you would only have to extend the painting of base sectors to the new avaliable terrains.
As these kind of forest are made to be impassible, you dont care if they are big or thin.

Also, at the very border of the map, the forest is overlapping on spawns, you can make it so most of the forest stops more or less at the map borders limit, that will grab a bit more terrain for buildings (If necessary use the same kind of forest chunk out of bounds if its not already already the case).

Let me know if this is unclear.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

Krieger Blitzer

Just a little update...

So, I have managed to change the default weather on this map:

BEFORE
relic00004.jpg

relic00003.jpg

AFTER
relic00001.jpg

relic00000.jpg

I also did few other tweaks, as I am willing to send the files of this map as well as Neuville and also Benedictine Cider all to Wolf, so that we could have all the 3 of them on the next Steam release.. but first I need to do some further tweaks on those maps together with Playmobill.

Other maps such as Blija for example would have to wait for later though...

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Tiger1996 wrote:Just a little update...

BEFORE
relic00004.jpg
relic00003.jpg

AFTER
relic00001.jpg
relic00000.jpg

I also did few other tweaks, as I am willing to send the files of this map as well as Neuville and also Benedictine Cider all to Wolf, so that we could have all the 3 of them on the next Steam release.. but first I need to do some further tweaks on those maps together with Playmobill.

Cidar? Neuville? ain't These Workshop map's? i have them already lol
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Krieger Blitzer

Cider is this map:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1605
Created by Snowstorm... And it's not a workshop map.

Neuville however is a workshop map made by someone called Skaffa, yes.
Nonetheless, this guy though for some reason only assigned strategic points on his map! So the map has absolutely zero ammo and fuel points.
Moefeta therefore - as a result - managed to revise the map, adding fuel and ammo points ;)

mofetagalactica

Tiger1996 wrote:Just a little update...

BEFORE
relic00004.jpg
relic00003.jpg

AFTER
relic00001.jpg
relic00000.jpg

Oh nice nice looks better now :3

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

'Working on this map since last week, and there is a still a lot of work before i validate it for publishing in patch.

So far the visual stuff is mostly done :

• Dry riverbed added (with the same cover system as in LaFiere *revised*)
  • Some walls/fences have been removed/opened for optimisation and gameplay purpose
  • Remaining ponds from dry rivers are kept, but now integrated to the dry riverbed.
  • Terrain has been smoothed when possible, to grab more FPS
  • Spline and Splats adjustments here and there.

However, a big part remains, the sectors and its layout. Both sector placement and sector painting need work.

IMPORTANT NOTE for all Map Makers : when modifying any map, do NOT press the 'Calculate Voronoi' button in TER! Voronoi algorithm should ONLY be used at map CREATION. when porting / revising a map, never use it!

Instead, you can add new sectors under new points with the "Add territory under new Points" button, it works great, just remember to not just 'swap' sectors, instead, delete old points then place fresh new point where you wanted the modification, otherwise the ID of the old Point item will still remain associated with it's sector painted area.
So, if you use newly created points, when you want to swap 2 points when modifying a map, then the 'Add new territory' button will attribute the old sector(s) to the new Point(s) that you freshly created on it (ofc if you removed the old point of that sector before).

Note that this trick also works with Base sectors.

a few pics:

Krieger Blitzer

Nice work with the riverbeds! :)

mofetagalactica

this is looking good thanks playmobil and tiger, btw have u also edited the top part of the map? i would like to see some screenshoots if u added something.

Play i wonder if you can make some-kind of tutorial since i still don't know how to make "bridges" functional like you made in the first pic.

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

For the fake bridges, a quick explanation

1 - Level the ground on the bridge path
2 - Place Support walls splines ( ebps > environment > objects > support > harbour_l_01 ). Make sure you untick "Adjustable to terrain" box.
3 - place a tunnel entrance to pretend there is an arch under it ebps > environment > objects > water_features > culver_04 (the tunnel entrance model has a fence but in our case it will be underwater).
4 - Add Bridge Walls on top of the support walls ( ebps > environment > objects > walls > bridgewalls > any suitable wall model ). Still without using "Adjustable to terrain".
5 - add water sources if you want to hide the fences (optionnal).

mofetagalactica

Playmobill wrote:For the fake bridges, a quick explanation

1 - Level the ground on the bridge path
2 - Place Support walls splines ( ebps > environment > objects > support > harbour_l_01 ). Make sure you untick "Adjustable to terrain" box.
3 - place a tunnel entrance to pretend there is an arch under it ebps > environment > objects > water_features > culver_04 (the tunnel entrance model has a fence but in our case it will be underwater).
4 - Add Bridge Walls on top of the support walls ( ebps > environment > objects > walls > bridgewalls > any suitable wall model ). Still without using "Adjustable to terrain".
5 - add water sources if you want to hide the fences (optionnal).

Thanks, and what about those small bridges where only infantry can pass? Cause i dont see any ground below them, being suspended in the air instead.

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

oh that is probably a real bridge object, the one used in trun can be found under ebps > environment > objects > bridges

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

So far the new sectors looks like this:

(new miminap btw)

Edit: Some modifications here and there are to be expected after playtests.
VPs for ex have already been moved (especialy the north one) to be at equal distance from each side's HQs. A cpl of hedges have been moved/removed aswell.

mofetagalactica

Playmobill wrote:So far the new sectors looks like this:

(new miminap btw)

Edit: Some modifications here and there are to be expected after playtests.
VPs for ex have already been moved (especialy the north one) to be at equal distance from each side's HQs. A cpl of hedges have been moved/removed aswell.

Looking good can't wait to play it until they put it in the new patch or something.