Panzer IV

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
PH1N0

Panzer IV

Post by PH1N0 »

hi, where can I find the Panzer IV stats for every different version?

I usually play PE Scorched earth and I find very difficult to penetrate Shermans with Ausf F2, yesterday I tried Tank Hunter doctrine and Ausf H and Ausf J seem very effective.

Playing SE I suffer very much the lack of AT, understanding the stats differences would be helpfull...
Having inf squads with 2 panzerschrecks would be helpful too :D

thanks

Warhawks97

Re: Panzer IV

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sherman 75 mm vs Tank IV:

Damage Sherman gun:
250-450.

Pen chance max range:
Sherman vs Tank IV F2:
36,995%

vs Tank IV J(no skirts):
29,596%

vs Tank IV J/H (skirts):
19,992%

Panzer IV F2 health:
Panzer IV H/J Health:
636 (WH BK doc) and 650 (TH doc)

Tank IV F2 vs Sherman:

Damage F2:
350-450

Pen chance max Range :
vs Sherman:
73%

vs 76 Sherman:
62,05%

vs 76 Sherman Easy Eight:
59,86%

Sherman Health:

Sherman 76 Health:

Sherman 76 mm vs Tank IV

Damage 76 gun:
450-600

Pen chance max range:

vs Tank IV F2:
67,5%

vs Tank IV H (no skirts):
54%

vs Tank IV H/J (skirts):
49,68%

Tank IV H/J vs Sherman:

Damage Tank IV Gun:
450-600

Pen chance max range:

vs Sherman:
76,65%

vs 76 Sherman:
65,1525%

vs 76 Sherman Easy Eight:
62,853%

Additonal factors:

Special AP rounds boost pen by 33% for axis and 54% for allis. It also boosts damage for axis by 25%. PE Zimmerit unlock reduces taken damage from all sources by 25%.
Sandbags for armor doc increase HP by 10% (first sandbags) and second (only upgraded on 76 versions) reduces received penetration by 15%.
US rep engineers from armor doc or CW with upgraded repairs can overrepair a vehicle so that its health bar is shown withe. That means it has even more HP than usual.
Axis can sometimes do the same like when you finish repairs with two repair units (i think one needs at least upgraded repairs).

Generally a Tank IV H/J would always beat a 76 sherman, even more so with AP boosts as the chances to trigger red crits or even oneshots will be very likely while shermans will still need usually 2 pen hits to kill the enemie.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

PH1N0

Post by PH1N0 »

OK so my impressions were right. the model H and J are superior to Ausf F2 on every front.

I don't know if is it correct to ask here (or open a new topic), but what should be my best AT option ( PE S.E.)? al least in the midgame.

thanks

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

PH1N0 wrote:OK so my impressions were right. the model H and J are superior to Ausf F2 on every front.

Yes, the F2 was the first verion with longer 75 mm L/43 gun. Just 2 hundred got build before G version entered production which all had already the longer 75 mm L/48 gun.

The H was the strongest of all versions with even thicker armor. However i wouldnt say its the best as it performed a role it wasnt supposed to do. The originally design allowed it to be upgraded to up to 22 tons. First versions weight just 16 tons. The H exceeded even these 22 ton with approx 23 tons. Counting all the late war field modification (like tracks on front armor to boost armor further) made the tank too heavy.

In Bk Tank IV´s (at least H/J) are sometimes called "mini-tigers". Many fear these tanks a lot more than the real tiger. Rushing for the H/J early on can be a huge pain for any US player as their AT might be insufficient within the first 10 mins of the game to handle them. They are also cheap and very good in the defense as support for friendly AT guns and infantry. I just love them.

I don't know if is it correct to ask here (or open a new topic), but what should be my best AT option ( PE S.E.)? al least in the midgame.

My favorit tool is the hetzer. You get it fast (the tec cost are low and just 2 cp). I also use the Marder III very often if i feel that i need 2 CP elsewhere and that shermans will occure only occassionally and not in such numbers that i think i can get overruned by them.

Marder III can cammo and since HE can now hit something its also a nice tool to ambush infantry squads at occassion.

As SE you have access to the Nashorn. It mounts the best anti tank weapon in the game, the 88 mm L/71. With ambush and camo you can even oneshot a Super pershing. It can handle jumbos, pershings, churchills etc easily. Just take care of it as it lacks own armor.

PH1N0

Post by PH1N0 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
My favorit tool is the hetzer. You get it fast (the tec cost are low and just 2 cp). I also use the Marder III very often if i feel that i need 2 CP elsewhere and that shermans will occure only occassionally and not in such numbers that i think i can get overruned by them.

Marder III can cammo and since HE can now hit something its also a nice tool to ambush infantry squads at occassion.

As SE you have access to the Nashorn. It mounts the best anti tank weapon in the game, the 88 mm L/71. With ambush and camo you can even oneshot a Super pershing. It can handle jumbos, pershings, churchills etc easily. Just take care of it as it lacks own armor.

ok but I see Nashorn as a late game unit...
I suffer when US start spamming Shermans, at about 25 mins of game
Maybe I'm still a noob and I don't have a complete vision of the game :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You play vs bot or pvp?

bc a spam after 25 that cant be dealed with with a hetzer is unlikely in a balanced pvp scenario.
The 50 mm AT gun also still belongs to my standard defense unit as PE.

And you go Nashorn when you face armor doc or churchills and jumbo shermans.

Like you meet quantity? get 1-2 hetzer. You meet single thick armored tanks? Go Nashorn.

PH1N0

Post by PH1N0 »

Warhawks97 wrote:You play vs bot or pvp?

bc a spam after 25 that cant be dealed with with a hetzer is unlikely in a balanced pvp scenario.
The 50 mm AT gun also still belongs to my standard defense unit as PE.

And you go Nashorn when you face armor doc or churchills and jumbo shermans.

Like you meet quantity? get 1-2 hetzer. You meet single thick armored tanks? Go Nashorn.

always PvP

SE doens't have hetzer :)

What's the best AT halftrack from logistik companie?

anyway, seems that you're trying to suggest building panzer-jager kommand erlier in the game, now I play entire games without even create this structure.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

PH1N0 wrote:
always PvP

anyway, seems that you're trying to suggest building panzer-jager kommand erlier in the game, now I play entire games without even create this structure.

SE has hetzer, same as all PE docs.

Logistic companie has 28mm paznerbushe that can pen anything up to sherman. 37mm ht that has worse pen, but can use special ability to snipe soldiers, and also can use AT rocket that can kill heavy tanks with 1 shot. And 75mm at gun that has no cammo ability but stationary position ability and a good chance to pen even heavy tanks.
If you don't build one building out of 5, basicaly omiting 20% of possible units for PE, not to mention they are specificly anti tank units with powerful abilities, well... no comment.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

PH1N0 wrote:
always PvP

As already mentioned all PE docs have Hetzer.

No matter what faction and doc i play i do try to always get up to the maximum tec. Sometimes earlier sometimes later.

But the Tank hunter command is the minimum you should get as PE. It offers easy and relatively cheap and sturdy counters to enemie vehicles and tanks, no matter what doc you picked. You wont have to waste infantry in defensive actions with schrecks and soft anti tank guns that easily cleared by mortars/calliope.

As TH doc you can spare the Tank support command perhaps, however having a Bergetiger or stubby tank IV with HE can be from great value for your tank hunters. In future you should get or you wont be able to upgrade hotchkiss with missiles anymore.

PH1N0

Post by PH1N0 »

Warhawks97 wrote:

As already mentioned all PE docs have Hetzer.

sorry but still I can't find it :(

with panzer jaeger kommand I unlock 3 units:
-panzerjaeger
-jagdpanzer
-nashorn

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The Hetzer is reward unit for the Jagdpanzer IV/48 (or its the other way arround). Hetzer has slightly worse armor and HP but costs less, Jagdpanzer IV/48 has more HP and armor but costs more. But both are effective in stoping enemie tanks.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Rewards units = go to the menu, medals, vehicles, and choose the unit you want in game.

PH1N0

Post by PH1N0 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Rewards units = go to the menu, medals, vehicles, and choose the unit you want in game.

thanks
I was going to make a noob question :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

PH1N0 wrote:
Panzerblitz1 wrote:Rewards units = go to the menu, medals, vehicles, and choose the unit you want in game.

thanks
I was going to make a noob question :)

Well you have to start somewhere ;)