needing help

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
Fiona6

needing help

Post by Fiona6 »

I am really confused. How to avoid booby trapped strategic points. Any comment will be appreciated. :lol:
Last edited by Fiona6 on 31 Oct 2017, 05:50, edited 4 times in total.

Nieles
Global Moderator

Re: needing help

Post by Nieles »

moved to right subform!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

It is impossible: I think i already asked this question some time ago, and what we came up with is:

Try to capture with high health units, like officers (captain, LT, Haupsturm) or with light vehicles that can do it.

When you're trying to do this with an infantry unit, can be officer or normal squad, you should start capturing, then move away as soon as the capture bar appears, let the trap detonate (could still kill your few of your squad members or take some of the officer's HPs) and then start capturing again when the effect has faded.

Again, if you try with minesweeper, shooting at the point or placing explosives on it, trap will still remain, so be careful.

Hope i've been useful, you can ask for any further clarification ;)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Easy but need's Micro when you hear the Sound. when you recently comnmanded a unit to cap and then this wierd sound's appear's do sprint run away from the Point, and then run back to the cap Point. or use sprint and circle the cap *it only explode where you made your inf capture at that direction*
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

In any doubt, grenade!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Not just sprint "away" but sprint past. The booby traps sparks in the direction the unit approached the point originally. So if you sprint, right click on the point, trigger the trap, then right click beyond the point so all the units are on the other side then you are safe. A micro pain and unavoidable which is why it was given MU cost in patches in the past.

Grenades don't trigger the trap, only falling into the trap does.

Edit: I realized someone said it already but I rephrased cuz I didn't quite understand the first time I read.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

ah booby traps, thought mines, sorry.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

If mines, using grenades wouldn't be a good idea either ^^ Otherwise you waste your ammo on each individual mine. So better a minesweeper!
Or maybe mortars.

Nonetheless, the best way to dodge booby traps.. is by capping with vehicles...
PE has scout cars and Kettenkrads.
CW has Bren Carrier (with inf inside) or Dingo.
WH has Bliz doc ability that allows tanks to cap points.
US has Armor doc ability that allows light vehicles such as jeeps and half-tracks to cap points as well.