Page 1 of 1

Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 05 Aug 2017, 15:36
by Medic Truck
Hi.

I have few questions regarding the USA units and upgrades in general.

1. Stickies and M1A1 mines and that anti-tank mines in Armor Doc - I know sticky can be a very risky business but I wanted to know about the extent of damages that can happen or no damages. Some figures if possible. Also, the description for mines in the Weapon Support says 'it can damage engine' something. So, what sort of damage can be expected against the Panzer IVs, Panther G, Tiger later versions? Also, the same question for the anti tank mines in the Armor Doc.

2. In the current US scenario, I understand the construction of Supply yard is necessary if you survive first 30 minutes or so?! If possible, what is the real ideal time for the same? In the vCOH, somewhere around 25-30 mins was my time also depending on the situations. Because, it is very vital to offset the large Ranger upkeep too.

3. Talking about the M8 Scout specifically, how good is the detection radius to hunt the scouts? I find it fairly good at providing machine gun support too from long ranges and like it quit a lot but haven't been able to detect the scouts as the description says.

4. Regarding the M10's Hit and Run tactics, does it always work on even the biggest cats? How much damage does it do if hit from quite a close position?

Thank you for bearing. :mrgreen:

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 05 Aug 2017, 18:26
by Jalis
Medic Truck wrote:Hi.


3. Talking about the M8 Scout specifically, how good is the detection radius to hunt the scouts ?

Thank you for bearing. :mrgreen:


M8 scout is an hybrid of M8 scott and M20 scout ?

If I assume you talk about M20 recon armoured car to detect camo units, this vehicles is better than others (jeep for exemple) except the kettenrad.

If you really speak about M8 scott capability for scouting, this vehicule have none.

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 05 Aug 2017, 21:37
by speeddemon02
Stickies are nice when in a village type area where you can sneak the hit and duck behind a building. I find it has great potential to destroy the engine or break the tracks at the very least it slows down the assault

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 05 Aug 2017, 22:27
by Medic Truck
Jalis wrote:
Medic Truck wrote:Hi.


3. Talking about the M8 Scout specifically, how good is the detection radius to hunt the scouts ?

Thank you for bearing. :mrgreen:


M8 scout is an hybrid of M8 scott and M20 scout ?

If I assume you talk about M20 recon armoured car to detect camo units, this vehicles is better than others (jeep for exemple) except the kettenrad.

If you really speak about M8 scott capability for scouting, this vehicule have none.


My bad. Drunk and shit so I am making a cocktail of everything. It was M20 scout car that I was talking about. :lol:

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 05 Aug 2017, 22:27
by Medic Truck
speeddemon02 wrote:Stickies are nice when in a village type area where you can sneak the hit and duck behind a building. I find it has great potential to destroy the engine or break the tracks at the very least it slows down the assault


Hmm. Urban setups yeah. Thanks for the reply.

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 07 Aug 2017, 18:20
by kwok
1. Stickies have high chance of crit on medium tanks, I actually can't exactly remember if it's the same for heavies. I'l check corsix when I get my shit fixed.

2. The ideal time is always "it depends". In my philosophy in playing, play to the situation not to the build order. But, if I were to give a probably range of time I'd say before your opponent his T4 you might want to have at least the first upgrade ready. After the opponent hits T4, asap. You want the safety in unit spam to deal with the axis uber units. Sometimes I skip the tank depot to get the supply yard upgrades, especially as airborne and infantry.

3. Looks like you question was answered

4. I'll check corsix for you later.

Re: Questions regarding the USA units

Posted: 07 Aug 2017, 19:30
by Medic Truck
kwok wrote:1. Stickies have high chance of crit on medium tanks, I actually can't exactly remember if it's the same for heavies. I'l check corsix when I get my shit fixed.

2. The ideal time is always "it depends". In my philosophy in playing, play to the situation not to the build order. But, if I were to give a probably range of time I'd say before your opponent his T4 you might want to have at least the first upgrade ready. After the opponent hits T4, asap. You want the safety in unit spam to deal with the axis uber units. Sometimes I skip the tank depot to get the supply yard upgrades, especially as airborne and infantry.

3. Looks like you question was answered

4. I'll check corsix for you later.


Thanks kwok.