"Off-map" abilities

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
sgtToni95

"Off-map" abilities

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi everyone,
I've lately started playing more often all doctrines and factions and, after playing WH quite a few times now, I noticed pretty much all its doctrines have what i consider "off-map abilities", so to say those global or sector related infantry buffs that are activated from the call-in/off-map icon menu in excange for munitions.

To be more precise, i ask you guys, if you know what kind of bonuses do blitz, zeal, inspired assault, and for the fatherland abilities and in what situations you find they're more suitable to be activated and more effective or, the other way around, pretty useless, what are their pros and what are the cons that theese might bring to the field.

I think this might be useful not only to me, but to many players since i rarelly saw theese abilities being used.

Medic Truck

Re: "Off-map" abilities

Post by Medic Truck »

Great topic sgttoni95,

Always love the infantry related information. :mrgreen: So, following this one closely.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Will answer today evenning when i am on my pc.

But they are very good. Global Blitz increases speed, reduces suppression and increases rate of fire for all units (schreck, tank canons, AT guns)

Zeal provides decent stuff, forgot what. But in terror they get boosted twice. One comes with stgs. Inspired assault increases damage output but increases also taken damage. Fatherland boosts your inf in friendly territory by a lot.
The passive defensive boosts makes your troops to be super humans. No joke. Suppression reduced by iirc 75%.... taken damage and received accuracy as well. Thing is you need cover. But late game makes craters everywhere. So the more arty the better it is for you.

In terror grens also get stronger when losing men (reduced weapon cooldowns etc).

Thats why i am saying that WH has the most elite inf in every doc. And esspecially def doc on a fully cratered map is the best axis offensive doc bc you can run just like that over everything. You saw it in my stream using these super genetic soliders.

I will give as many values as possible later. Maybe markr can also help me.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

For the Fatherland: For 30 seconds all your infantry in own connected sectors:
- removed any suppression from them
- take 30% less damage
- are 20% harder to hit
- are 75% harder to suppress

- Inspired assault: All your infantry for 20 seconds:
- delay between shots -40%
- weapons reload 50% faster
- damage dealt +20%
- easier to hit by 50%

- Zeal: Your Grenadiers and Volks gain:
- when they have less than 6 soldiers in the squad:
- take 5% less damage
- are 15% harder to suppress
- are 10% more accurate
- when they have less than 4 soldiers in the squad:
- take 5% less damage
- are 25% harder to suppress
- are 10% more accurate
- delays between shots -25%
- when they have less than 3 soldiers in the squad:
- any suppression on the squad is canceled
- take 10% less damage
- are 25% harder to suppress
- are 15% more accurate
- delays between shots -75%
- weapon reloads 25% faster
- any suppression on the squad is canceled
Each level stacks with previous

- Blitzkrieg Assault : For 30 seconds all your:
- tanks and vehicles: 
- can crush high bushes (applies only to tanks) 
- delay between shots reduced by 50%
- maximum speed increased by 50%
- weapons reload 25% faster
- weapon accuracy is 25% lower
- infantry: - get suppressed 50% harder
- delay between shots -25%

I personally do not use blitz assault, for he fatherland, or inspired assault. Id rather use the munition for walking stuka or other indirect fire than for stat increases that may work in my favor.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Lol now you see Toni, why it got nerfed? Have you ever seen an ostwind with blitz? 20mm mg42.

Btw it doesn't rapidfire handheld AT anymore. The cycles are on aim time instead of cooldown now. But THOSE were hilarious days as well. Have fun with your new info...

EDIT: add one more bonus on the def doc for the fatherland. What if you add def cover bonus plus lieutenant buffs. Calculate your survival stats then. Lol, and that was when MARK NERFED KWOK. (Understandably necessary but seriously 99% of the players don't use. As said, they'd rather use aetillery or firestorm or something)
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You forgot passive cover enhancment. Lower left def doc unlock. Cover enhancment.

15% reduced received damage
20% harder to hit
75% harder to suppress

Its passive. Guess for the fatherland stacks to it? Basically your inf is unkillable for these 30 seconds when having cover and in own territory.

I wanna add the Blitzkrieg assault ability unlocked for storms and grens in BK doc. The activation range is 35 (compared to 25 standard for axis nades). It removes suppression and makes you throw as many nades as necessary to kill a target (also schreck shot after every third grenade). But hold ground need to be disabled.

The PE upgrade you can purchase in that small building reduces suppression by 25% and increases exp gain rate by 25%. Veterancy officer or what the upgrade name is.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It stacks. It's hilarious
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.