Royal Engineers Guide

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
kwok
Team Member

Royal Engineers Guide

Post by kwok »

Someone asked me about how to play RE doc. I suck at it and barely gave any advice. Anyone else want to pitch some tips?

The best tip I gave was to use daimlers because mortar halftracks counter RE doc so hard. RE doesn't have airstrikes or drop in tetrachs, RE doesn't have supercharged artillery mortars to outrange halftracks. So my suggestion was use the daimlers to keep the cars away so that way you can actually get churchills out without losing your entire starting force to mortar halftracks.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Royal Engineers Guide

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Its always essential to get 95mm Churchill asap, its very accurate and oneshots paks\support weapons crews and mortar truck, in combo with HE Churchill you can make a breakthrough and finish the game really fast. Until 3d truck you have to survive by good managing of inf sections\recce\boys. Also, if you play RE you ALWAYS must have a med station on field, in order to provide you fresh inf squads, otherwise you are risksing to stuck with a vehicle-only army + very weak sappers ( same goes to Arty doc).

Wer525

Post by Wer525 »

Thank you both guys for these tips.
What do you think about M3 stuart? I found it very useful against infantry and halftracks. He shells sucks but canister shot can wipe out an entire squad, so is it worth building it?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I've seen shadow use them extremely effectively. I think it's more important to recognize how a Stuart fits with your entire strategy rather than whether a unit is good or not. For example I mentioned the Daimler. Stuart can act as a harder hitting more well balanced car chaser than the Daimler if you had extra fuel.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Just played a game. I got carried, but I played as RE and my stuart did a lot of work. Hope this can be used as a somewhat okay example of RE gameplay.
Attachments
temp.rec
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 44 times