Handheld AT weapons

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
maousaki

Handheld AT weapons

Post by maousaki »

Hi, i want to ask about the efficiancy of handheld AT weapons (panzerschrecks, piats, recoiless rifle, ranger bazookas, airborne bazookas etc.) Which one has higher penetration, accuracy, range, reload etc. Also what does the upgrade from infantry company for bazookas do? Thank you.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Handheld AT weapons

Post by kwok »

Sure.

So accuracy for all hand held AT are the same except for PIATs and upgraded bazookas (the upped zookas have a greater scatter/less "accurate")
Then in terms of penetration/damage it goes:
1. Panzerschrecks
2. Upped bazooka
3. PIAT (with exception)
3. Bazooka
4. Recoiless Rifle

The reason why PIAT is special is because distance makes a difference. If the PIAT is closer, then its penetration doubles. All other weapons have non-changing penetration values for all distances.

The upgraded bazooka is just increased penetration (the values are different for every type of tank but lets use panther as a benchmark: it's like 30% pen to 50% pen against a panther with upgrade). The tradeoff is that it is less "accurate" in the sense that the scatter is greatly increased. For more info on what scatter is and what accuracy is go to this post: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1526

Happy hunting!
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

You have to consider Piats can hit behind obstacles, but they are somehow less accurate since their shells are slower and if the target moves it's so likely they're gonna miss. Well.. sometimes even if the target is not moving but that happens to all AT handheld weapons..

maousaki

Post by maousaki »

Thank you

In terms of range and rate of fire are they all the same?

Also there are two american squads with bazookas, rangers and 82nd from airborne. Do they have the same bazookas?

So i always prefer to pick up panzerschrecks.

By the way shouldn't PIATs be the only one to have the same penetration at all distances since it's HEAT round?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

And what`s the stats of handled AT-weapon in "abilities" - PanzerFaust and Bazooka of CQB ?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Sorry late response. It's a psychological effort for me to open up corsix.
Faust is like super penetration, >80% on a panther.
The CQB zooka is an upped bazooka, so 50%.
BY THE WAY, all of these values are pre-modifiers. So other factors may change the outcomes.

Since I'm here talking about handheld AT; question for the mod team: Is there a reason why upped bazookas have such a high scatter relative to all other handheld AT?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Since I'm here talking about handheld AT; question for the mod team: Is there a reason why upped bazookas have such a high scatter relative to all other handheld AT?
Yes, there is a reason...the reason is historical accuracy. You see, the improved bazookas were better because they were filled with the strongest armor-punching substance known till even THIS day (it is the sweat of Chuck Norris by the way) such a strong substance added a huge recoil to the zooka - thus it happened quite often that the soldiers shooting this thing aimed in front of them but because they couldn't compensate for the recoil the rocket actually hit the ground behind them. Even with the recoil drawback it was the best hand-held AT since whoopity-fucking-doo-dah!
What I'm trying to say here is: it will get same recoil as normal zooka in the next patch ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:
Yes, there is a reason...the reason is historical accuracy. You see, the improved bazookas were better because they were filled with the strongest armor-punching substance known till even THIS day (it is the sweat of Chuck Norris by the way) such a strong substance added a huge recoil to the zooka - thus it happened quite often that the soldiers shooting this thing aimed in front of them but because they couldn't compensate for the recoil the rocket actually hit the ground behind them. Even with the recoil drawback it was the best hand-held AT since whoopity-fucking-doo-dah!
What I'm trying to say here is: it will get same recoil as normal zooka in the next patch ;)

Haha, you got me dude xD. Was about to check that special substance (that sounded quite suspicious..)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

It's good to hear that the upgraded Bazookas are going to have less scatter.. specifically after adding aim time... However, I just remembered about this old post by Hawks when he was addressing this issue;
Warhawks97 wrote:I wouldnt say its usless. You gain decent penetration boosts against many types of targets. The penetration boost vs tigers goes from 18-19% pen chance of your basic Bazookas to 50% when using M6A3C missiles. Against other targets pen chances are increased as well. And that pen chance increase can be cruical.

Its just that basic zooks to scatter far less and thus the area damage effect is better as they blow up close to the target. At the other hand the zooks have an AoE that is a way better than those of schrecks. So maybe we are just used to see baisc zooks scoring close hits and dealing damage with AoE?

I think Bazookas should no longer deal such a massive damage when hitting the dirt close to the target anymore.. compared to the AoE of Schrecks on the other hand.

Also; i would probably like to remind you once again regarding the HE rounds of the Tiger1, it's not just "inaccurate" but in fact.. it's not functioning correctly... More like "bugged" if I could say so. And it's the ONLY HE rounds in the whole game that are currently glitched that much of a way, or to such an extent I mean!
Or is it historically fine because the Tiger tank used to fire unreliable potatoes instead of HE shells maybe? :?

maousaki

Post by maousaki »

In the 'quick tips in BK' topic ( viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1154 ) it states that upped zookas are more accurate and more penetration. Here we say it has less accuracy.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@maousaki
You're right, it is contradictory. Markr made a following correction post to the BK tips. Good catch! Glad to hear that Wake's work is being read so intently!