Flames

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
sgtToni95

Flames

Post by sgtToni95 »

Don't know if this topic has already been discussed but since flame nades came out to be so "OPOPOPOP" i'd like to know more precisely how they work, and how flames in general do.
A few questions to point out what i think could be useful to know during gameplay:
1) how do flame nades hit? Is it possible for a unit inside the AoE to dodge it, like i've learnt is possible with frag nades, or they're so lethal because this can't happen and all those inside the AoE get lightened up?
2) how do flames on ground hit? Is it possible for a unit to stand on fire and not get damaged, or get really low damage, or they hit anyway? Do they have some sort of AoE as well?
Thanks in advance ;)

Jalis

Re: Flames

Post by Jalis »

For what I know incendiary grenade does iniatial damage damage like others normal grenade, except these damage are low. After that it create a flame area what will last after a certain time. This area generate a DOT (contineous damage on time on regulary timed ticks) to any units in. Infantry is vulnerable to, and there is nothing you can do to avoid it, except leave the zone. for vehicles it works probably like for others flames type, so light vehicles are moderatly vulnerable, heavier are about not but can fear motor damage or even complete engine break.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I think what jalis says is spot on. But to add on to it about how it affects vehicles:
The DOT has penetration as well and the "attack" on a target in the area is every .125 seconds or something? Every frame maybe something like that. So the flame damage has a chance to critical and damage a vehicle based on target tables every fraction of a second. This applies to inf as well being inf have less armor and only death critical. The accuracy of the flame is like 500% though or something so any sort of modifiers on accuracy won't change the fact that flames can be "dodged". BUT there may be a chance it fails penetration and so does not do damage (unless flames have deflection damage which I don't know).

Someone please correct if I'm wrong
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Cool info, seems like flames are most reliable killers :P.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Reliable = consistent then yes
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.