AI Support

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
jonnyyankee

AI Support

Post by jonnyyankee »

I wan't to know how to fix Build order of CPU , because when i modified some spawn units the CPU always skip units and its so frustrating . And how i can make it work the AI Ace Pershing ability and others.. What i need to modify? doesn't care if i need to do a new AI give me some advices or help me to fix some bugs like engineers sometimes didn't repair bridges or CPU didn't make AT guns and never pick up weapons or take HMG or Mortars well this is a couple bugs i wan't to fix them all .. I'll make my best if somebody give me some tips thanks for all.

XAHTEP39

Re: AI Support

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Good action , men! I really didn`t help/advice, but I believe, that AI will be improved !

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

What are you trying to do ? Personal mod for your own use ?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

A.I. is one of the most difficult thing you can do in mods, you needs to know how to Scar code, work on .Lua Scon, .lib, etc...etc... its H.U.G.E. good luck with that because its extremly difficult and you need to masterize that otherwise you will fuck up Vcoh & all mods in it.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:A.I. is one of the most difficult thing you can do in mods.

made 3d models ? at least it ask expertise. I feel however you can find more easilly 3d modellers than AI programmers.

All what you spoke about is not necessary to obtain results. Problem is more AI Learning in time consuming, and mostly people expect immediat result, and let down if it dont occurs quick enough. Also AI are very touchy, the slightest error or mispelling and the game freeze in fatal error or crash. compression time dont help.

Roughly AI is the last thing a modder would look at, after he acquired a solid experience in everything else (except perhaps 2d and 3D that where experience will not help for AI)

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Jalis wrote:What are you trying to do ? Personal mod for your own use ?

No, If i Improve AI it gonna be for all BK players time ago i posted my work on COH1 link viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1042
right now I'm working on beta its so hard for me because only U.S faction didn't do the build order and other stuff that I edited. Thanks for replies :D . I'll just need a couple help. I know its difficult but not imposible need to be patience. :mrgreen:

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

And you will make a new release, updated, each time BK teams will launch a new patch ?

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Jalis wrote:And you will make a new release, updated, each time BK teams will launch a new patch ?

If i have help to improved AI obviously only I need somebody with knowledge to work on it thats all. Don't worry about that