Infantry weapons range

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
sgtToni95

Infantry weapons range

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi everyone!
Since every kind of rifle and mg inf brings has different stats at different ranges, can anyone approximatly tell me which distance is considered short/mid/long range compared to something i can see in game?
Like "1-2 times churchill lenght" is considered short range, or "2-3 times triage center healing area" is long range.. something i can approximatly compare to in game to know at which range my weapons will be better/worse than enemy's (without considering accuracy buffs/nerfs and that kind of stuff).
Thanks in advance ;)

Warhawks97

Re: Infantry weapons range

Post by Warhawks97 »

I can tell you personally in steam if you want. Axis grenade range is iirc 25. Mid range for rifles ends (again iirc) 25. What most would consider as mid range (the half of the maximum shooting range) is in corsix already considered as long range. From 25 to 35 is long range and from 35 to 48 (and till 60) is distant range.

Panzerschrecks and zooks and piats have 45. So that might help as orientation. AT guns have 75 range.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Ok thanks :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Also, every unit can have a different "short range/long range". Each has their own range values and what is considered in each bracket. So, what is true for one unit could be very different for another. I can't pull examples right now but I'm sure warhawks has some in mind.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:Also, every unit can have a different "short range/long range". Each has their own range values and what is considered in each bracket. So, what is true for one unit could be very different for another. I can't pull examples right now but I'm sure warhawks has some in mind.

Yep. For rifles the short range ends at 15. For many tank guns (mostly allies) the mid range ends at 10 range. Since min range for tanks is 5 there is almost no chance in scoring so called point blank shot. So even if you think you got someone at point blank.... you didnt. And thats why this discussion about "allied good at close range" can be considered as bullshit. Because that means you have to get closer as in vanilla coh. I maybe exaggerating a bit but thats how it actually is.
Build more AA Walderschmidt