Buying Special Armor Piercing Rounds as Germans

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
Wake

Buying Special Armor Piercing Rounds as Germans

Post by Wake »

When I am playing as Axis and get AT guns or tanks, I always never even consider the option of buying those special AP rounds. For example, the PaK 40 can buy "Wolfram Core" shells for an extra 75 munition, and then activate it for 25 munition I think that only lasts 10 seconds. That's a lot of munition to spend for a weapon that can easily destroy most allied tanks without it. What do you guys think, is it ever really worth it to buy AP rounds when playing as Germans? Because there's never really going to be a problem with penetrating allied armor. You can always get an 88mm gun or an Elefant or a Jagdpanzer or any other multitude of weapons that can easily slice through Shermans and reliably get through Churchills.

The only situation I can see is against a Super Pershing, but then it's probably easier and cheaper to use Panzershrecks against that, since the Super Pershing can win versus most axis tanks. Is this true?

JimQwilleran

Re: Buying Special Armor Piercing Rounds as Germans

Post by JimQwilleran »

The only time when I buy ammo piercing shells as axis is when I use Panthers, and only if I need to fight stuff like jumbos or pershings. Any other time there is no need for that, you are right here.

Warhawks97

Re: Buying Special Armor Piercing Rounds as Germans

Post by Warhawks97 »

As for axis: AP rounds do make sense when facing superior numbers of shermans, especially e8 (with sandbags). A Panther with basic AP doesnt oneshot a e8 (unless making lucky shot). With AP active that chance is greatly increased, turning the Panther into a deadly oneshot tank thus enabling it to take on a larger group of (engaging) easy eights.

This. If anything than its the nice damage boost.

In the past there wasnt much need to get AP rounds for axis. But now it might be worth for 50 mm pak and Tank IV guns as shermans became a bit more resistant against these weapons.

For the long barreld 88 from KT is little need to get them. If then only when facing RE doc and their crocc church (in hull own position)-
Build more AA Walderschmidt