Accuracy and damage altered by cover/building/transport ?

A place to debate and share game or general military strategy/tactics.
Lionelus

Accuracy and damage altered by cover/building/transport ?

Post by Lionelus »

Hello BK community

I couldn't find any topic about this subject ; so here i am writing, hoping to get some enlightment on this matter.

Does accuracy/damage is altered by the following situation, and if so, in what proportion :

- Infantry inside trench ?
Panzerlehr once told me infantry got a huge accuracy buff while in trench.. Which made sense to me, as being protected in trench, troopers can focus and be more precise while shooting. Hence accuracy buff. Yet, is that true ?

- Infantry in building ?

- Infantry in transport troop ? Moving and not moving.

I usually go check Corsix, and look by myself. But this time, i couldn't find the answers. Shame on me

best,

L
Last edited by Lionelus on 10 May 2017, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.

JimQwilleran

Re: Accuracy and damage altered by cover/building/transport ?

Post by JimQwilleran »

From my experience in trenches and buildings they get some buffs, BUT that's because they are camoed until they reveal. So in other words buildings and trenches give them accuracy and damage buffs for "first shot" just like paks. That's what I observed, not necessarily true :P.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

JimQwilleran wrote:From my experience in trenches and buildings they get some buffs, BUT that's because they are camoed until they reveal. So in other words buildings and trenches give them accuracy and damage buffs for "first shot" just like paks. That's what I observed, not necessarily true :P.

Camoed Inf doesn't give any bonus but first Shot true, somewhere around here warhawk or markr listed the actual bonus of an cover type like green/yellow/Red building and trenches. Trenches give 99- suppress, 50 plus accuracy it somewhere here..
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

So I checked a little bit. And found some weird stuff. apprantly it gives infantry a 0.50 recived dmg buff in a 1 radius. And vehicles a 0.25 speed modfier. So not only does it give cover it also gives aura to soldiers and vehicles.

Since it only has a 1 radius I dont know if it affects entire squad.

Trench cover bounuses are different from gun to cannon. I will give some few examples

1: M1 carbine
shoots at max distance at soldier in trench 0.15 accuracy. Has 14-18 dmg. Then trench cover kicks in reducing accuarcy by 0.4 and dmg by 0.25. Resulting accuaracy 0.15 x 0.4 = 0.06 (6%) and dmg 16 x 0.25 x = 4

2: m3_75mm m4 Sherman HE. Accuaracy max range 0.65 and 80 dmg in a large blast. Trench cover gives a 1.00 modfier meaning it doesn't affect the gun. And a 0.75 dmg reduction.
Ending it at 0.65 x 1 = 0.65 accuarcy. And 80 dmg x 0.75 x 1.5 infantry = 90 dmg

3:105 m2a1 howitzer
335 dmg with a 0.5 dmg modifier 167 total dmg.

Notes: These are old numbers and could be different from current patch. On more important details is the trench itself supposedly gives a 50% dmg reduction but if that was true the HE sherman should not one hit kill the entire squad as I have seen so many times before. And I have often seen people survive direct hit from 105. In short I would reccomend you dont use these stats as truth since I can assure you from experience that they do not add up correctly. As I said my experience is they survive 105, Die to HE sherman and can't be killed by small arms fire. I did not see anything about them getting any bounus attack and I dont know where to find that. Infnatry get a 0 modfier in suppression meaning they can't be suppressed at all inside the trench. Hope someone else can pick this up and clarify my mistakes. If it was hard to understand as I'm really bad at setting numbers up please point out and I'll try to explain better so I can improve and you can understand.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@ Redgaarden - which trench did you check? I just checked the one US engineers can build and it is not what you say...the 0.5 damage (-50% damage taken) does not apply to the soldiers in the trench but the trench itself - so it is harder to destroy. Infantry is not affected by anything else except for the bonuses provided by "trench cover". The vehicle speed modifier is correct - when vehicles drive over trenches, they go slower.

So I haven't checked all trenches in the game but I suspect they are all the same stats-wise, only differ in who can build them. They all provide same type of cover to infantry inside which is:
Harder to hit by 60%
Damage taken -75%
Received supression -100% (impossible to supress)

Stats for other cover types here :)