British Openings and Build Order

A place to debate and share game or general military strategy/tactics.
kwok

British Openings and Build Order

Postby kwok » 21 Oct 2016, 21:50

What are your openings/build orders as Brits? Does high/low resource make a difference? What about map types?

kwok

Re: British Openings and Build Order

Postby kwok » 26 Jan 2017, 07:48

I've been toying around with some openings with teammates. If I can count on my teammate to go hard AT, meaning 2x amount to cover for two people, I can go double sappers and rush an emplacement. Being able to drop an early mortar emplacement is really really strong. It's super risky, but really can snowball to a strong mid game. Of course, if the mortar emplacement is bumped up one tier then the story changes. I wonder with the new patch meta and the delay in mortar halftracks if an early MG emplacement will be worth it.

Dr Gun

Postby Dr Gun » 20 Mar 2017, 20:45

The delayed mortar really forces the Brits to play the opening much tougher now than it has been, but the patch change has been for the better.

Depending on what the enemy team is, I usually open with a lieutenant first, then if the opponent is light vehicle heavy I usually do two AT boys, with one capping points.

In the last couple of games I've also been building a MG next to secure some territory and then a Bren after that.

I've never considered building double sappers before but that is an interesting idea, but it doesnt seem to me like it would hold up to early game pressure.

kwok

Postby kwok » 21 Mar 2017, 17:06

I've seen only a few games with the Bren Carrier. Shadow and I were talking about it actually. We were both debating if losing the dingo binoculars was worth the extra mobile firepower provided by the bren. How has that been working for you?

speeddemon02

Postby speeddemon02 » 22 Mar 2017, 08:17

As CW I start with the Lieutenant while the sappers go out and capture territory. The next part will change depending on the map, if I intent to have a MG crew and .55 AT team in a building the distance will matter. I will build the MG team if there is a chance that they will not make it if I build them later. The .55 AT I build will tend to grab a sector or two depending on type and distance. I go for some kind of defense somewhere annoying for the time. After that I get the Dingo and upgrade it to capture territory to go harass the early infantry and any motorcycles/schwimms. The more MP I can force the opposite side to spend or deny the better especially against the high MP costs of the CW. Having a lot of these units out overwhelming the territories more often puts me in a better position later on or at least gives me a good foundation to work with as the game progresses. Getting the field truck built for the mortar emplacements is top priority.

Return to “General Discussions on Strategy and Theory”