Americans are fucking trash now in this game

A place to debate and share game or general military strategy/tactics.
Post Reply
TANEBIRD
Posts: 77
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:01

Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by TANEBIRD »

The americans get their asses kicked OVER and over and over when I play them. What the fuck happened to this mod? The AT glitch thing totally ripped Americans apart. I'm tired of playing this game as nazis in order to win. It's dont with no effort. Me and a friend can't even beat 2 ai Germans anymore on nearly ANY goddamn level.

The panther 3 from blitzkrieg doctrine fucking takes vet 3 squads out in cover with like 1 or 2 shots, VERY little warning. The german halftracks melt the rest of the infantry down. The greyhounds and absolutely helpless to stop them, and the AT squads usually only get them down to half. We used the halftrack m57s, but in doing so WE werent able to match their panzers 4s by the time they can because we couldn't afford tank depots. You guys better do something about this shit and fast or I'm going to flip my fucking wig. Here are some things we need RIGHT now in my opinion.

1. Infantry doctrine is one of the most useless doctrines I've ever seen. Riflemen have no AT, sticky bombing is a great way to basically get murdered, aside from picking up a panzershrek there's no way to handle this. Rangers are extremely expensive, and cost a ton to reinforce, which would be good if they tougher as a unit or something, but they are not. They have to upgrade to bazookas which is kinda dumb considered they played the spot of heavy infantry in the first game, maybe give them one bazooka or something cause this shit is not working. The infiltration rangers, nobody wants or needs these guys really no offense, they were a good idea, but in the thick of things they hardly work at all. The absolutely MOST unforgiveable thing about the infantry has got to be how goddamn AWFUL the 105 off map call in. I've never seen an artillery barrage just clip units EVERY time, it never gets a direct hit like EVER. It's insanely loud, so you know it's coming, the shot are extremely spaced apart and slow, cost way too much, the on map is even worse somehow, like it's insulting. The german 105 is still better somehow. Really? How the fuck is this?

2. Airborne is very decent right now, but it's map specific.

3. Armor is a mess. Why do they get the worse jeep, the worse halftrack (m15a2 are you fucking serious how stupid is this halftrack, this is the DUMBEST godamn design I've ever seen for a halftrack. USELESS. A halftrack you have to point the rear end of towards the enemy, hand this a genius a commendation, but make sure he's not in that halftrack), then on top of that, once you actually get the armor going you STILL can't prevail in the go ahead againsts the Germans because eventually that armor outclasses you every time. You have this tiny ass time window to fucking win and if you dont it's over.


Topically the americans have to do shit the others dont have to do, like 1. build a stupid ass weapon support center and tech everything, like from sandbags to fucking mounted manchine guns in armor? Some shit should be on here already. That's ridiculous. The tech is different in every doctrine which confuses the fuck out ofthe new players, and the crown royale, THE SUPPORT CENTER. This is 2 buildings we make the nazis dont have to, meaning their engineers are out in the field longer, doing shit they need to be doing, not building the whole time.

I hate to get on to this shit, but the ranger captain is useless pretty much in 2 of the doctrines, the combat engineers are not good enough to stand on their own, yet are supposed to make half the defenses. Makes no sense. Get rid of the thirty engineer types cause it's dumb. We have no good rifle squad, no out the barracks heavy infantry at all except an AT squad that melts under even the most inept german soldiers infantry wise. Look I get it, but the punishment is too much. I hate playing as the british too but at least they have SOME competent units. We have to luck our way through veterancy in order to pull shit off, and it's like impossible, especially with how stupid the AT guns are now in turning and shit. Like it's insane how fucked this has all gotten. You lost 2 players likely today. We tried and tried, and we just dont see any balance here.

TANEBIRD
Posts: 77
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:01

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by TANEBIRD »

I know the game is called blitzkreig mod but you nazi third reich motherfuckers had to stack the fucking game in order to win? Pussy ass cunts. Das soll verbotten gekommst, du sheisskopfen. You want to speak German? Eat shit.

TANEBIRD
Posts: 77
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:01

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by TANEBIRD »

Tried one more time on Trun, and not only do panzer elite squads just fucking take a RETARDED ammount of noncover damage, they're nearly unsurpresssable even by the BAR special skill that's supposed to fucking suppress them. It took nearly 4 seconds for them to hit the dirt. They get 2 grenades, americans get one. They have AT, hell I'm suprised at this point that their dicks dont turn into fucking panzer shreks that they can one shot sherman easy eights with at this point. There is no balance here anymore. All american infantry gets wrecked by it's German counter part. Yet, we're still given the idea, that the these units are even close to balanced. The american halftracks used for anti-infantry constantly emberass themselves, and the only good one seems to be the 57mm, and even that is only useful hidden sometimes. It's nearly best use is againsts the panzer 3 which can still kill it if it's lucky enough, it's extremely dumb and bulky and doesn't move when camoflauged. God forbid you spend money on 2 of them though, it'll completely decimate your economy on some of these maps. I know you guys are trying to make this realistic at this point, but at what point do we say hey, the german tanks were simply a lot better, so we'll have to give the americans something to help them in their situation, either by costs or whatever. Why does a king tiger take 1 upgraded production, yet the super pershing takes 2 upgraded productions at the tank depot. It's almost 130 fuel and 5 more minutes you have to wait to simply CALL in a super pershing or make one that takes another 6 minutes. Jesus the thing is just as expensive as well, slightly less gas wise.

The american tank skills like "american war machine" are a step in the right direction, but how about instead of replacing the EXACT type of tank that was blown up, you get the highest level of sherman for each tank blown up regardless, or a random mix, that why we could make it so it could be used more than once every THREE hours it seems. The skills that are best end up being used maybe once before the game is over. Why doesn't armor company get the amazing m8 scott tank from the infantry doctrine? Why would armor doctrine have LESS tanks, just doesn't seem right to me.

Lets look at the hetzer tank. This thing is a fucking monster for the panzer elite. It's pyramid shape is hell on earth to land shells right onto, it's got a decent cannon on it and it can camoflauge with even 1 mg to use offesively in the hull with little arc. Sure, the thing is not meant for full on tank assaults, but with a panzer IV f2 or above in front of it, it can deliver KILL shot after kill shot if used correctly. It can even slightly mop the floor with infantry units used well. The m10 wolverine is a piece of dogshit compared to this thing, with speed being basically useless as a panzer shrek homes in and blows it up with 1 rocket from 2 miles away as long as the germans have STAND GROUND on. Shit. How about the m18 hellcat? This tank is reported to have killed 2.8 to 1 tanks in combat, especially in north africa where at Kasserine pass they blew up over 39 tanks. It's glass cannon ness in the game means that I'm scared the damn thing will blow up if I hit a fucking fence. Enemy tanks like the panzer 3 have blown this thing up before. IT FIRES HIGH EXPLOSIVE NOT SABOT ROUNDS. WHAT THE SHIT MAN.

Germans have the best halftracks hands down. They destroy whatever they're meant to kill very effectively in not one, not two but 4 different fucking flavors. Then on top of the that, the panzer elite mortar halftrack is a MOTHERFUCKER to kill and can destroy entire weapon squads and emplacemenets with ONE incendiary mortar. Whereas the americans get a "heavy" mortar which has the acuraccy of a diaper thrown at a trashcan from over 20 feet away with one arm. Sure, it blows the fuck up, but it NEVER HITS it's target. Perfect! The m16 is slow and only fires like 30 rounds, then takes a shit all over itself. Lmfao. This is garbage man. This is a quad barrelled halftrack firing 4 different 50 caliber bullets at a time. This thing should be blowing germans into like little pieces all over the goddamn place. Yet it fires in "burps" and is essentially a post-viagra dick splurge into a wastebasket after the wife wasn't able to make it to "horny night" after all at the motel where you saw that one hooker get stabbed for asking a asian guy for cigarettes. Cmon man. We need some american MUSCLE here.

TANEBIRD
Posts: 77
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:01

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by TANEBIRD »

One post here, has to really express how fucking bad american howitzers off and on the map are. I have NEVER in this mods existance seen the 105 mm howitzer shot be worth even 100 munition and it's time is kinda long for such an ineffective barrage. It tickles the shit out of the panzers. They laugh when it hits their top armor basically. The SPREAD in the intial contact is intentional. I dont believe that you have not intentionally spread out the first 5 shells because someone complained that it actually KILLED some of their fucking men on purpose. Boo hoo you motherfucker, that's what a 105 mm shell fired from over 6 miles away will do when it lands in your fucking diapers bitch! It takes long enough to give 2 german mg42 teams time to finish a small picnic and drink mineralwasser, before it's arrival, which is also preceeeded by easily the LOUDEST pre-barrage noises in the goddamn gamn except maybe the incredible superior "screaming mimi" 120 nebehlwerhfer rocket battery. How the FUCK did we get stuck with this on map 105 that dies after 3 bullets are fired at it, regardless of veteran level, then for some reason COSTS more to directly fire at a tank 1 shell than it costs to launch 30 in the air. How the hell is that explained? Goddamn. Why not give them airburst abilities, or just LET them have the goddamn Creeping barrage right off the bat. Don't worry, whatever they hit wont do any motherfucking damage any so it wont matter hahahaha. Now, I could be taking a SHIT in a bus station bathroom and hear the screaming mimi pre rocket barrage, and you better believe a bunch of people at that station are about to see my weiner flapping back and forth as I try to cover my butthole with a roll of toilet paper it's that goddamn scary. It fucking destroys even tanks and the 105 mm itself is like a wet fart compared to it. Shit man! Even the long tom is wayyy to goddamn expensive to do shit in a game by the time you get it. 250 munition?! For a barrage for emplacements I cant even drop on bases? Holy shit let me just put a bigass cork int he end of the damn thing and watch it blow itself into a banana peel cannon afterwards at that point. I know it sounds like I'm being a total fucking prick lately about this shit but the americans REALLY need some boosts here if they're going to be viable in this again. Serious shit.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 4059
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by MarKr »

Man...where do I even start. Well... at the start I guess.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
The AT glitch thing totally ripped Americans apart.
What's wrong with AT? What glitch do you mean?
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
The panther 3 from blitzkrieg doctrine fucking takes vet 3 squads out in cover with like 1 or 2 shots, VERY little warning.
I think you mean the Panzer III and yes, the HE ammo kills infantry very quickly. Same goes for the Panzer IV with short barrel, the halftracks with the same gun but also for the 75mm Sherman (+Jumbo) with loaded HE, 75mm Churchills with loaded HE and Cromwells. Both sides have these HE tanks that melt infantry very fast. These allied units come later but you can still get Stuarts or Tetrarch with HE and they can mess up enemy infantry really good.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
The german halftracks melt the rest of the infantry down. The greyhounds and absolutely helpless to stop them, and the AT squads usually only get them down to half.
Not sure which halftracks? The ones with 20mm cannons? Yes, those are a serious threat to infantry. Greyhounds have 37mm cannons that penetrate the light armor easily. The 20mm cannons can penetrate Greyhound so they can damage/kill each other. Once you put a .50cal on Greyhound, you get advantage because the .50cals penetrate light armor too, so at that point you have the 37mm and .50cal both dealing damage while the 20mm halftrack ony has the cannon. The 37mm cannon of Greyhound isn't a good counter to the Panzer III, if that's what you meant.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
We used the halftrack m57s, but in doing so WE werent able to match their panzers 4s by the time they can because we couldn't afford tank depots.
The T48 halftracks with 57mm gun are good counters to Panzer III and the early Panzer IV. They have 45% chance to penetrate at max range, 56% when in camo. They deal 250-450 damage per penetration hit (312-562 from camo). PIII and PIV have 600HP. You can also use the AP ammo ability which increases the penetration by 30% and damage by further 25%.
However, you should ALWAYS use at least two of those halftracks vs one PIII/PIV. The halftrack costs 250MP 20F, but the stubby PIII/IV cost 390MP 40F. So if we make it so that one 57mm halftrack can easily kill one of these tanks, people will complain that the halftrack is too cost-effective (which would be true).

I am not sure if you complain about the PIII, the halftracks or both at this point. It is interesting that you say that AB is kinda decent but Inf and Armor are bad, while we got complaints from other people saying that AB is total crap, Inf is decent and Armor is super strong right now. Well, anyway.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
Riflemen have no AT, sticky bombing is a great way to basically get murdered, aside from picking up a panzershrek there's no way to handle this.
If we're talking about protection from the halftracks:
20220625115532_1.jpg
You can upgrade the rifle grenades and then you have this ability. It is not 100% guaranteed hit (especially not at max range) but it at least deters enemy light armor from driving up close to you. The grenade is not effective against medium tanks, though. You then speak about bazookas on Rangers and how expensive they are on them - you have your 4 men AT team with bazookas.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
The absolutely MOST unforgiveable thing about the infantry has got to be how goddamn AWFUL the 105 off map call in.
A bit confused here, because I have recently read here somewhere that the 105 offmap is actually one of the more useful ones (in its price/caliber category).
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
the on map is even worse somehow, like it's insulting. The german 105 is still better somehow.
I wonder how the german onmap 105 is better when it has literally the same stats - damage, AoE, scatter...all is the same.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
Why do they get the worse jeep, the worse halftrack (m15a2 are you fucking serious how stupid is this halftrack, this is the DUMBEST godamn design I've ever seen for a halftrack. USELESS.
I have seen people abuse the RL jeeps to kill medium tanks and even heavies. In early game they are worse against infantry, but better against vehicles than .50cal jeeps.
The M15A1 has a 37mm autocannon + dual .50cal. It is intended mainly as an AA weapon (in AA mode it rotates full 360°) but it is still stronger against vehicles than the M16 because the 37mm cannon can make a short work of light armor. It needs more microing, true.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
then on top of that, once you actually get the armor going you STILL can't prevail in the go ahead againsts the Germans because eventually that armor outclasses you every time.
76mm Shermans are no longer outclassed by PIV H/J. Their chances to penetrate each other are about the same but Shermans have more HP so they are more likely to survive a penetrative hit + in Armor doc you have "sandbag" upgrade for them, that adds even more HP which gives them even more chance to survive penetrative hits. Shermans get obviously outclassed by Panthers and Tigers but you can try to outnumber them or go for Pershings/Jacksons to have better chances with fewer units.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
Topically the americans have to do shit the others dont have to do, like 1. build a stupid ass weapon support center and tech everything, like from sandbags to fucking mounted manchine guns in armor?
The upgrades in WSC are not mandatory. They help, but are not 100% needed to get. The top MGs require an upgrade because the .50cals are way more deadly than the top MGs of Axis tanks. Mainly because the .50cals deal more damage to infantry but also can penetrate light armor. The .50cals with their current strength used to be pre-installed on vehicles but people complained that the vehicles/tanks were too OP that way. Especially the complaints about Greyhounds being "gamebreaking" were reaching the roof.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
I hate to get on to this shit, but the ranger captain is useless pretty much in 2 of the doctrines, the combat engineers are not good enough to stand on their own, yet are supposed to make half the defenses.
He kinda is useless - AB has their own command squad and Armor is intended to rely more on vehicles and tanks so they shouldn't have that strong infantry. The captain is there so that you can set up an alternate retreat point if you need one.

Also, the Combat Engineer squad is considered one of the most OP units in the live version. With the unlock for them, they are brokenly resistant and level up way too fast. Just few days ago I watched a stream where one player sent Assault Grens with MP44s to a building and another player sent one squad of Combat engineers towards the building through open field, they marched right to the building and killed the squad inside.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:40
and we just dont see any balance here.
If you have problems with playing the US faction, I would recommend to get a game with kwok. You play Axis, he'll play the US and I'm sure he'll be able to show you a trick or two.

I'm not going to react to the rest as it is mostly just an angry rant about how this or that is shit and totally useless. Try to get some hints from players here or on discort how the US faction can counter what. They will give you their points of view on the situation.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 05:41
I know the game is called blitzkreig mod but you nazi third reich motherfuckers had to stack the fucking game in order to win? Pussy ass cunts. Das soll verbotten gekommst, du sheisskopfen. You want to speak German? Eat shit.
Insulting forum users is against the forum rules, even more so when you direct the insults at the devs. This is your first slip up, so it is just a warning for you. Next time could end up in a ban.
Image

TANEBIRD
Posts: 77
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:01

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by TANEBIRD »

Hey, thanks for actually going through the list and explaining a lot of this stuff, but the truth is, I still see a lot of micro and attention cost here, that the axis don't have to worry about. Like if I have to be 90%ocd with the americans, but 50% with the germans, you and I both know that that's still an advantage. That means, I'm paying attention to one place where another is not getting it, so maybe I do good in situation 1, but in situation 2 a squad wipes because of a grenade. In that situation, lets say Im german and the exact same thing is going flipped, obviously, now I can pay attention to the second one and move them out of the way.

The greyhound requiring 50 cal to stand up against most of the other ones is kind of shitty, I know what you're talking about because I did a test run and as long as I was paying attention to it, it was dangerous as fuck. I almost couldn't believe it because without that 50 cal that is easily one of the most useless halftracks to me. It requires 50 munition for side armor panels which takes time, it requires another yada yada yada munition for the gunner and both of these take time, coupled with the fact that the second upgrade can't even take place until I've spent 125 man power and 75 munition at the weapon support center to even unlock the gunner in the first place. Usually by the time all of this has happened, the germans are already destroying my guys.

The AT glitch I'm talking about was mentioned to me by Kwok, who said that someone instantly turning or firing 2 times per shot somehow through a glitch, so it required any movement whatsoever to basically shut down the AT gun first, which it didn't used to do. Don't get me wrong they still had to be moved, but even this small addition to the timing in a turn can be awful considering how narrow the arch is for the 76 and even the 57. Also, I dont know why these both wouldn't have SABOT or APCBC in them anyway. I mean it's literally in the name. Anti-tank gun. I feel like with the addition of the turning how you have to time it basically making them completely open to any halftrack or motorcycle attack considering he doesn't drive in a straight line towards them from 500 meters off, usually in that situation they can completely avoid getting hit. This is okay with me, but it seem like there used to be a shot in hell for one of these things to hit them as they tried to circle around or maneuver.

The only thing the 105mm offmap is useful for is area denial, the barrage takes a while, or to destroy scrap shit that might be preventing armor movement, or giving enemy cover. Is that usually worth 165 munition? It doesn't seem to be to me. Either way, the Long Tom doesn't feel like it belongs here, to me because it's so expensive, and very random. Obviously artillery is going to be like that but some barrages I've called in, it honestly seemed like the shell were anti-magnetic or something. The long tom is powerful dont get me wrong, but it's so expensive. I'd rather the priest right there, and then something else. Maybe a more effective AT or the ability to put mines down for them? I'm just spitballing here.

Another question, why do the QCB squad spawn with shotguns and smgs, but as they get killed the shotguns do not respawn or get upgraded either. The m9 bazooka shot on these guys is incredibly hit or miss, and it sucks when it's your last 50 munition because they're usually your last AT choice as it is. I'm not saying it doesn't work,just usually not that effective, or does 35% damage. The rocket that the rangers have, I dislike that we have to upgrade because this stuff gets forgotten a lot. Infiltration rangers are incredibly good at stealthing in and out and it almost seems a little ridiculous to be honest with you. Now their bazookas are amazing, but take forever to reload, and the HOLD GROUND thing kind of sucks too. Like that means if I know someones attacking my tank with them, Im running it to throw a grenade at them everytime.

What I like about the airborne doctrine currently is that the airborne observer is the one that calls all the support stuff in. Need a 57mm? Have him around, machine gun mortar medic etc etc. This is versatile and I like that. What I dislike is that calling in strafing runs is really 50/50, and bombing and incediary runs are even harder to get ahold of enemies with. This can't be helped at all, so it's not even worth bitching about. The doubling of the time it takes to reload these things requiring 2-3 command points. That parts a little lame. Also the headquarter units dont seem very useful right now either no offense, I can't really figure out why they would be called in, like the SAS in the commando doctrine.

For Britain, there are good doctrines to me, one of them is the Canadian Infantry Doctrine, it has decent artillery, and the Canadians ability to to see tanks further is an amazing thing to have, even if it doesn't make sense. They're a good all around unit. That rules. Their accents are extremely humerous in a fucked up way, but their artillery is fairly badass, even if it doesn't do as much damage it is so cost effective that a miss doesn't end the game. That I rules I like that.

Commandos doctrine has some great infantry, with survivability, and once the squad leader shows up, it's trouble in every way, as long as your not getting your gliders blown up every 10 minutes. Kwok defeated us using this doctrine having Walderschmidt on armor in about 40 minutes in a 2vs3, but when they played Germans we were completely levelled within 15 minutes. I feel like theres still some off assets. Then again AI, is not a great way to judge that.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 4059
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by MarKr »

TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Like if I have to be 90%ocd with the americans, but 50% with the germans, you and I both know that that's still an advantage. That means, I'm paying attention to one place where another is not getting it, so maybe I do good in situation 1, but in situation 2 a squad wipes because of a grenade. In that situation, lets say Im german and the exact same thing is going flipped, obviously, now I can pay attention to the second one and move them out of the way.
How is this a thing? No player can keep paying attention to two places at once. The same way we could say that you are focusing on a fight between your Greyhound and enemy 20mm halftrack, while your opponent is focusing somewhere else. If the enemy halftrack just sits there and isn't micromanaged, your chances of winning the fight go up. Or when you throw a grenade at enemy squad and the opponent isn't paying attention there, the grenade will wipe the squad too.
If you feel that Allies require much more micro than Axis, you should have seen the game several years ago. The US faction was literally spam faction where you almost always needed at least 2v1 numerical advantage, but mostly 3v1 was the safe bet. 1v1 Riflemen vs Vgrens? No chance for Riflemen. 76mm Sherman vs Panzer IV H (back then a.k.a. "mini tiger")? No chance for the Sherman, actually Shermans easily died to any 75mm L48 gun and Axis have those mounted on almost everyting. Churchills used to get easily penetrated by 50mm AT guns. .30cal Jeep took ages to kill a single Vgren out of cover while one burst from Schwimwagen at Riflemen out of cover insta-killed at least 2 soldiers. Many Axis doctrinal infantry were built with the strongest weapons (Fallshirms with FG42, Gebirgs with scoped G43, KCH with StG44) and very strong defensive or offensive buffs and so Axis saved tons of ammo on infantry upgrades that could be used for artillery or tank upgrades or whatever. Allies had to pay for almost all weapons and if there were any buffs for units, they were locked behind CPs.

Since then we changed the Riflemen guns. They are much more deadly at shorter ranges, while Axis rifles perform better at longer ranges. In the past Riflemen without upgrades would lose at any range. Axis units need to spend ammo on weapon upgrades so ammo management is more important. Buffs for Axis are unlocked with CPs. 76mm Shermans now actually have a bit of advantage over PIV H thanks to more HP. .30cal Jeeps have enough damage output to make Axis infantry go for cover. There were more things, I just don't remember it all after the years.
And then you make this post, complaining how US faction is almost unplayable shit, while a few days ago, BK mod got this review on Steam:
review.jpg
That is pretty much the complete opposite of what you say.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
It requires 50 munition for side armor panels which takes time, it requires another yada yada yada munition for the gunner and both of these take time, coupled with the fact that the second upgrade can't even take place until I've spent 125 man power and 75 munition at the weapon support center to even unlock the gunner in the first place.
The armor upgrade lowers penetration chance of anything that shoots at Greyhound by 15%. It doesn't help against tank guns but it does help against those 20mm cannons. So even if you upgrade just that, you're giving yourself an advantage because it will take longer time to those 20mm halftracks to chew through its HP, which means you'll have more time to take more shots at them from the 37mm gun. But if you know that without the .50cal on top you usually lose the fight, then bring something along. Even the AT Rifle grenade can help destroy the thing, or at least make it back off.

You said yourself how effective the .50cals are, the global upgrade is needed there because without it, next time we'll have this same rant only coming from axis players.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
The AT glitch I'm talking about was mentioned to me by Kwok, who said that someone instantly turning or firing 2 times per shot somehow through a glitch, so it required any movement whatsoever to basically shut down the AT gun first, which it didn't used to do. Don't get me wrong they still had to be moved, but even this small addition to the timing in a turn can be awful considering how narrow the arch is for the 76 and even the 57.
OK, this was a tough one but it is an engine problem that we cannot fix and people WILL abuse it, if it stays in the game so we had to apply some workaround fix. However, AT guns are simply static defenses. Their advantage comes from more range, faster reloads and higher accuracy compared to the same guns mounted on vehicles. So, they should be set up at places where you expect enemy armored targets and if something gets around them, you simply lose them. If the fire arc cannot cover the whole space you need, try to place down some tank traps (those buildable obstacles that prevent vehicle movement) into the "blind" points to either force opponent move into the fire arc, or at least force them to waste resources on destroying the tank traps. Or if you're feeling particularly cheeky, you can try to place mines into those blind spots.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Also, I dont know why these both wouldn't have SABOT or APCBC in them anyway. I mean it's literally in the name. Anti-tank gun. I feel like with the addition of the turning how you have to time it basically making them completely open to any halftrack or motorcycle attack considering he doesn't drive in a straight line towards them from 500 meters off, usually in that situation they can completely avoid getting hit. This is okay with me, but it seem like there used to be a shot in hell for one of these things to hit them as they tried to circle around or maneuver.
You should cover the AT guns with something too. You can camo a bazooka team nearby so when some tries to yolo around the AT gun with some fast vehicle, the AT team kills it. You can try an MG team and use the "AP burst" ability which chews through light armor very easily (that costs ammo, though).
Also, the AT guns were changed some time ago so that they don't need to buy the upgrade for AP ammo, they can use the AP ability without any upgrades. In the lates beta we did the same for tank destroyers, so maybe we could drop the activation cost on the AT guns so that they still remain relevant.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
The only thing the 105mm offmap is useful for is area denial, the barrage takes a while, or to destroy scrap shit that might be preventing armor movement, or giving enemy cover. Is that usually worth 165 munition? It doesn't seem to be to me.
If we turn them into "click to kill" abilities, people will complain too. Yes, they offer area denial but they also clear area of immobile or slowly moving targets. Just yesterday I tested it against emplacements and the barrage took out emplacement or at least severely damaged it and killed the crew almost every time. Only once it left the emplacemet alive but still damaged it quite a lot. Weapon teams (AT guns, MG, mortar teams) often cannot escape in time. Even if it "just" forces enemy units to move away, it gives you opportunity to move in.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Either way, the Long Tom doesn't feel like it belongs here, to me because it's so expensive, and very random. Obviously artillery is going to be like that but some barrages I've called in, it honestly seemed like the shell were anti-magnetic or something. The long tom is powerful dont get me wrong, but it's so expensive. I'd rather the priest right there, and then something else.
Longtom is getting changes in the beta (check the changelog). But offmap artillery in general hits the AoE randomly. The game is heavily built around RNG - hit chances, penetration chances, damage rolls, crit rolls...this is another RNG thing.
Priest sits at the end of the tree because it is a very powerful tool and Infantry doctrine can be glad they even have access to it. There was no Priest in Infantry doc before the doctrinal reworks and if you want to get your hands on such a powerful tool, you need to invest CPs.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Maybe a more effective AT or the ability to put mines down for them?
Infantry doc, as a doctrine that is intended to mainly focus on infantry not tanks, has access to Jackson B1 with 90mm cannon. The only stronger US AT is Pershing and we're not giving Pershing, the strongest US tank, to Infantry doctrine.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Another question, why do the QCB squad spawn with shotguns and smgs, but as they get killed the shotguns do not respawn or get upgraded either.
I've never noticed that. Will check it.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
The m9 bazooka shot on these guys is incredibly hit or miss, and it sucks when it's your last 50 munition because they're usually your last AT choice as it is.
Just as it is for Panzerfaust, AT grenade and probably a few other pay-per-shot abilities.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
The rocket that the rangers have, I dislike that we have to upgrade because this stuff gets forgotten a lot.
Fallshirms and Storms also need to upgrade Panzerschrecks. Also, the upgrade options are there so that you can specialize your squads in certain roles. Give to Rangers LMG and keep Garands and you have a good mod-to-long range squad. Give them SMGs, they are close range unit. If they the bazooka by default, you will lose one weapon slot for close range, where that one extra SMG can make a difference. If you turn them into a LMG fire support, what is the zooka gonna do for you when you're mostly going to attack infantry? Saying that something should be changed just because you forget to do it is not a valid reason.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Now their bazookas are amazing, but take forever to reload, and the HOLD GROUND thing kind of sucks too.
Bazookas reload 12 seconds, Panzerschrecks 13 seconds, Recoilless rifles even longer.
It was necessary to make the hand-held AT aim for 2 seconds because otherwise the strategy was: get AT team -> sprint to tank -> fire AT within 0.2 second -> tank destroyed, retreat (or tank immobilised, so rush it again with another team).
This made medium tanks almost universally useless as there was no reaction time.
TANEBIRD wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 22:06
Also the headquarter units dont seem very useful right now either no offense, I can't really figure out why they would be called in
For the bonuses and abilities?
As long as the medic is alive, the squad passively heals soldiers around. This is useful since the squad also works as a retreat point.
As long as the radio dude is alive, you can call in offmap mortar barrage, drop AB snipers and AB engineers. Engineers can lay mines and repair your or allies vehicles.
As long as the leader is alive, he provides bonuses to AB infantry around. Specifically:
Vet0:
Received suppression: -15% (get suppressed 15% slower)
Sight radius: +25% (can see 25% farther)
Accuracy: +12.5% (applies to all weapons, so even the RL)
Damage: +2.5% (also applies to all weapons)
XP gained: +15%
Vet2:
Received suppression: -15% (get suppressed 15% slower)
Received experience: +10%
Weapon cooldown time: -10% (delays between shots/bursts are shorter)
Weapon reload time: -10%
Vet4:
Weapon damage: +15% (also applies to all weapons)
Mortar Offmap changed to 105mm offmap barrage

101st are just slightly better Riflemen (before the training unlocks). However, 101st scales better with veterancy. The Command squad gives them XP bonus for anything they kill and so they vet up faster and so gain the vet bonuses faster. 12.5% accuracy boost is pretty good in general but shines for the RLs and also for Garands. The stock Carbines have lower accuracy at longer ranges and so teh accuracy buff doesn't do that much, but the shoot pretty fast, so the RoF makes up for the lower accuracy and so any accuracy buff helps, too.

Well, anyway, I would like to see some replays that show what you're mentioning here. Maybe I'm wrong and will see where the problem is in the replay.
Image

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4980
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Americans are fucking trash now in this game

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I'd recommend you see/watch other players doing PvP games, then ur perspective will completely change.
Currently the US AB doc is the best Air doc in the game, followed by Armor doc which is capable of countering any Axis heavy armor.. then comes inf doc which is very suitable for urban maps & arty.

Post Reply