Favourite commander

Talk about CoH2 or BKMOD2 in general.
QWERTYAndreas

Favourite commander

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

So since this is general COH2, i would like to ask which favourite commanders you have?

I do really enjoy playing with the lend lease commander at the moment. Conscript squads are good when used rigth - and with the DsHK and shermans you can play very well without even Building tier Buildings!

For US i often don't pick any, since i don't feel that they offer anything particular. Most stuff are too expensive, or can be done nearly as effectively by other Means. But on the other hand i only have the original, and not the P2W rifle commander.

For Ostheer im not decided yet.. But i think the Mechanized assualt doctrine is good with the early assualt grenadiers - it gives you quite some capping power during earlygame, and if you are getting the upper hand, this migth win you the game. The tiger is good too.

For OKW its basically the same as US. Often i go for the falls, so i can skip OBS, and get a Jagd IV instead.

Commanders i hate (that i think should be removed from the game):

Elite troops doctrine. I really, really, hate that one. It breaks the game that you can buy vet. With panzer tactician and G43s its just too awfull strong. The tiger ace is ridiculos. It migth lower your income, but either way its totally worth it. It melts everything. Its just... stupid.

Riflecommander. I have not played with it. But thinking about how "meh" the other commanders are, the ability to get vetted rifles from the start AND EEs just seems quite good. Again it breaks the game, you should not encourage such stupid Things as getting vet without unitpreservation.

I think most sovjet doctrines are fairly balanced... But i have not played all or encountered all. And OKW - well... Its just some nice stuff, but nothing gamechanging either way.

Charles Vane

Re: Favourite commander

Post by Charles Vane »

USA: rifledoctrine. just field more than the enemy and waste him. often I just build the captain to have AT guns and ignore the rest until E8 can join the fight via call in. in 95% of the fights an easy win.

Ostheer: osttruppen. having more Units than the soviet is just awesome :D

OKW: well... I have no favorite here since you don't Need anything bigger... you have the king tiger in every doc. well salvage doc is pretty funny with early jäger spam.

soviets... well everything with ISU and IS 2... otherwise no real fav.

Spielführer
Team Member

Post by Spielführer »

Currently i am mainly playing US and most of the time 2vs2

USA: Mechanized Doctrine - i like the early Jeep to make an early push and the 155mm Artillery is just devastating against OKW trucks near the front
Ostheer: Spearhead most of the time. Tiger is good against US, and the Mortar-HT is also awesome, especially the incendiary rounds.
OKW: Elite-Panzer Doctrine - well i know it is known for beeing weak. But most of the time i do not need stuff like Fallschirmjäger or the stuff from the other Commanders. But the HEAT rounds are so awesome with 30% more damage and 30% more penetration. Jagdpanzer IV duelling frontally with an IS-2? No prob! Or have you seen a KT with HEAT rounds? :D Also Panzer IV Ausf. J is kinda nice, because you can have Panzer IVs up to Level 5 which is really badass.

ghostdivision

Post by ghostdivision »

the only allied commander you can take, is the soviet shocktroop is2 doctrin. everything else is useless because 95% of the games is nonsense because its filled with OKW inf spam

its terrible. at first they spam their op kübelwagen, and sturmpios. then the volksgrenadiere come in with the panzerschrecks. then the panther/tiger 2 spam kicks in

so much f###### fun.

Spielführer
Team Member

Post by Spielführer »

:lol: Yeah the Tiger 2 "spam" :lol:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Spielführer wrote::lol: Yeah the Tiger 2 "spam" :lol:

dunno. Been playing one game on a pc of my mate with his acc 4 days ago. It was 3 vs 3 (forgot the name of map) and i played OKW: It wasnt a pro game but it was my first game and it was pretty easy later to throw out one Panther after the other. Finally, even when i lost a few, i had two Panther and KT on the field and a lot of fuel. In 2 vs 2 it might be different but in 3 vs 3 which provides a lot more fuel and ammo the toggle res trade ability allowed me to stay on 200 fuel. Also the dozens of wrecks everywhere. I did not know that volks can also use wrecks to gain fuel. I thought only this scarvage doc or what the name is could do that.

I dont know how allied boost their fuel and ammo income but it seems for me that in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 the supply of fuel is more than sufficient for all factions to build tank after tank. Only MP upkeep seem to be a restriction there. Maybe the devs should consider to add fuel upkeep for tanks oO.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Spielführer wrote::lol: Yeah the Tiger 2 "spam" :lol:

dunno. Been playing one game on a pc of my mate with his acc 4 days ago. It was 3 vs 3 (forgot the name of map) and i played OKW: It wasnt a pro game but it was my first game and it was pretty easy later to throw out one Panther after the other. Finally, even when i lost a few, i had two Panther and KT on the field and a lot of fuel. In 2 vs 2 it might be different but in 3 vs 3 which provides a lot more fuel and ammo the toggle res trade ability allowed me to stay on 200 fuel. Also the dozens of wrecks everywhere. I did not know that volks can also use wrecks to gain fuel. I thought only this scarvage doc or what the name is could do that.

I dont know how allied boost their fuel and ammo income but it seems for me that in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 the supply of fuel is more than sufficient for all factions to build tank after tank. Only MP upkeep seem to be a restriction there. Maybe the devs should consider to add fuel upkeep for tanks oO.

I guess it was annihilation? Because that gamemode is mostly nonsense, ans just for the fun of it :D try some 1v1, VP.

You have to multiply the fuel the vehiles ccost by 1,5, because of the lower income. The russians can get quite a lot more tanks for that. ISUs and IS2s eat tanks :shock:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

yeah, OKW gets 66% fuel income only (Wehrmacht as wel?l coz Panthers cost the same for OKW and Wehrmacht).

But it was still no real issue. Using all the wrecks+res trade. I did need my ammo actually only for Top gunner MG on Panther.

and yeah, it was annihilation (at least i think so, i concentrated me to kill the enemie as i am used to in BK:p havent really checked which game mode it was, we crushed the base and they gave up.

I did face some t-34- a few su-85 and jacks here and there but they had been a minor problem. The worst thing that happend to me was to lose a Panther when killing a jacks etc but i never lost a panther to them whitout killing them (with panther itself or schreck). Simply aggressive hard pushing. But there was no isu or something like that but at the end of the game ove got a JT anyway. But JT wasnt really amazing. Good range and damage but slow and expensive. But JT on vet 1 has arty call in :D

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

Warhawks97 wrote:yeah, OKW gets 66% fuel income only (Wehrmacht as wel?l coz Panthers cost the same for OKW and Wehrmacht).

But it was still no real issue. Using all the wrecks+res trade. I did need my ammo actually only for Top gunner MG on Panther.

and yeah, it was annihilation (at least i think so, i concentrated me to kill the enemie as i am used to in BK:p havent really checked which game mode it was, we crushed the base and they gave up.

I did face some t-34- a few su-85 and jacks here and there but they had been a minor problem. The worst thing that happend to me was to lose a Panther when killing a jacks etc but i never lost a panther to them whitout killing them (with panther itself or schreck). Simply aggressive hard pushing. But there was no isu or something like that but at the end of the game ove got a JT anyway. But JT wasnt really amazing. Good range and damage but slow and expensive. But JT on vet 1 has arty call in :D

Wehrmacht get normal income, but doesnt have five levels of veterancy.

But i must say you sound like you figthed a bunch of really, really bad players :P I would like to challenge you for a 1v1, you chose map and team (official tournament rules)

Yo should buy it while its ½ Price. Its pretty neat.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

QWERTYAndreas wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:yeah, OKW gets 66% fuel income only (Wehrmacht as wel?l coz Panthers cost the same for OKW and Wehrmacht).

Wehrmacht get normal income, but doesnt have five levels of veterancy.

But i must say you sound like you figthed a bunch of really, really bad players :P I would like to challenge you for a 1v1, you chose map and team (official tournament rules)

Yo should buy it while its ½ Price. Its pretty neat.

yeah, it was just a random match but still. I had no cloue about units. Maybe my enemies played also their first game...
About the Panther cost: Wehrmacht pays effectively less just because it has no vet 4 and 5? In my game it was very hard to get one Panther on vet 4, really very long. So its unneccessary weird between wehrmacht and OKW.

One personal question: which tier do you prefer with OKW. I choosed the one with Jagpanzer IV/70 and leig 18. Ive got booth very soon and domintated that stage of the game.

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

Warhawks97 wrote:yeah, it was just a random match but still. I had no cloue about units. Maybe my enemies played also their first game...
About the Panther cost: Wehrmacht pays effectively less just because it has no vet 4 and 5? In my game it was very hard to get one Panther on vet 4, really very long. So its unneccessary weird between wehrmacht and OKW.

One personal question: which tier do you prefer with OKW. I choosed the one with Jagpanzer IV/70 and leig 18. Ive got booth very soon and domintated that stage of the game.

5 levels of vet is actually very powerfull :) But it is also different teching costs, different doctrine abilities and so on. You cant just compare them that simple.

I prefer Tier2, because of the Jagdpanzer IV and the IR HT. The Puma, Stuka and Flak HT is really, really good - but the other fits my playstyle better. Going straigth for a JP IV will equal out most tanks, and then i can let my infantry tackle infantry. I then go straigth T4 because of Obers (to for my "battle doctrine" being inf tackle inf). Furthermore the T2 will allow for infantry reinforce and heal, which fits my playstyle.
If i go luft T4 can be skipped, and i can pump out another JP IV.

HOWEVER, if the enemy is fielding a lot of infantry (mostly blobs) i can try to go T3, get a stuka and decimate them :twisted:

Spielführer
Team Member

Post by Spielführer »

Depends on the map and on the enemy loadout. Also you can see early on on which Tier soviets e.g. are going

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

OK, thx:) i think i would also prefer the tier with Jagpanzer IV, heal and reinforcment:)

I havent played any other faction yet though. Also i did not test the Obersoldaten yet. I felt better having volks with schrecks giving some protection for my Panther against enemie tankbuster. Obersoldaten are only good vs inf and expensive.