Player Statistics: Win/Loss

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Wake

Player Statistics: Win/Loss

Post by Wake »

Okay, I decided to do another list of player's wins and losses. I just checked these stats today. I selected players with lots of games and tried to take out those whose records were heavily influenced by vanilla CoH.

>>>You can view the stats by clicking this link which takes you to a Google spreadsheet<<<

So based on this, we can see the important info. It's not about the individuals, it's about each army's win rate as a whole.
If we take all these player's records and combine them, then we get overall win rates of:

USA win rate: 61.96%
British win rate: 63.88%
Wehrmacht win rate: 57.00%
Panzer Elite win rate: 56.01%

However, these stats are not completely truthful. Many of these players have games from vCoH, others only play 1 or 2 armies, and others are influenced by noob stomping where that player would win no matter what. It just gives a very rough idea of what the overall picture looks like. In other words, these numbers are unreliable.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Player Statistics: Win/Loss

Post by kwok »

Personally, my stats are skewed because I can hardly ever find a fair Axis game. I run into many "axis only" players and can only get an axis game myself if the teams are stacked and I'm needed to "balance". That being said, I think these stats are really misleading.

The best way I think to find "stats" is to do a tournament where each player must play each side. Last tournament was kind of botched. So, I took in some feedback and thought of a way to hold the tournament. They will be "weekend flash tournaments" where you sign up on the day of and then whoever signs up within like a 3 hour period will play. Then the day will be spent doing this flash tournament.

Msg me if you're interested to learn more about the tournament and maybe want to help out. So far, I haven't gotten around to hosting one because I've just been busy. BKNC could use more manpower in general. Let me know if you want to hear more BKNC projects or have some ideas you want to lead as well.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Why are not i in there? or is it this why you asked me if i have vanilla coh stats? Yeah my british are vanilla the rest is bk..
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Wake

Post by Wake »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:Why are not i in there? or is it this why you asked me if i have vanilla coh stats? Yeah my british are vanilla the rest is bk..

So I added you and Sukin-kot, who managed to single-handedly turn the percentages into this:

USA: 62.72%
Brit: 64.76%
Wehr: 58.80%
PE: 62.23%

Interestingly, even with the massive boost that Panzer-Lehr gives to PE (1500-514), it still is not higher than the American win rate overall.

However, I noticed that the sample sizes are these:

USA: 8943 games
Brit: 6331 games
Wehr: 8116 games
PE: 7958 games

So among the players that I collected data from, as a whole, they like to play American the most. But, British is the least played yet has the highest win rate. Maybe this is because only people who are good at British decide to play British.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I wouldn't say they "like" to play american a lot... Like I said, I played American because I had no other slots open. Besides, for every american game played an axis game is played too. So what this shows is the players you sampled (mostly forum go-ers and experienced well known players) will play Axis more, but when playing Allies will choose US over CW.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Add this players as well: Mr. Nobody, Tormoz, Aureus (SVT), ©Redgaarden III, Cpt. Scout, Crimax®, Dr. Zhivago (SVT), Erich, FIDE, Great, VoteVeto, Tharkun, Yummy, mæglin, Miesepeter123, SchüttlKönig, RosomahaUA, SunZiom, Timay, ursus ™, Tiger1996, Ivelios\moss, Cyberzombie, Butterkeks, Hannibal_HR.

These are old and good players with many games for both sides, if you will include them into the stats I think we will get quite reliable result.

This table perfectly shows what I said in the other topic though, "OP axis with unbeatable tactics" do not exist. In fact there is a shift to alied favour, even after you added me and Panzer it havent changed much, though we have best PE ( and in my case WH as well ) stats in community.

But I'm very curious how all this will change with adding players listed above.

P.s. Very good job, deserves respect.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Stats can't really tell the truth anyhow, but ya.. maybe it could give us some kind of an image from it in someways!

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Add this players as well: Mr. Nobody, Tormoz, Aureus (SVT), ©Redgaarden III, Cpt. Scout, Crimax®, Dr. Zhivago (SVT), Erich, FIDE, Great, VoteVeto, Tharkun, Yummy, mæglin, Miesepeter123, SchüttlKönig, RosomahaUA, SunZiom, Timay, ursus ™, Tiger1996, Ivelios\moss, Cyberzombie, Butterkeks, Hannibal_HR.

Yes, these guys also can't be forgoten. From my side: Dr.Teleport, Sultan, Sl!mer, kvattro, John Wick, GeneralBelisar, Conan, Cannonfodder, BulletSponge, bob, BabySealBatter, Öli |DerSeemann, skudzik, DaNjeL_SK, Kommodore, Mr.Fister, EstadoMayor.
I hope that it helps. Great work. If I had known that you were preparing such a thing, I would work a bit to improve my stats :P.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

I mean 200 wins of british are vanilla i told you in game i had 200 when i started bk and i have 100 british win from bk bruh But whatever now dude do not want make you too much work:D
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Erich

Post by Erich »

i cant believe u missed me,your best mate!. But i agree with kwok and tiger,almost always when i play as allied i play with very good mates and we do a combined tatics but as axis i dont care if i have one or 2 noobs in team,i just play because even losing is funny. Anyway as tiger said stats means nothing,especially when the result is no more than 60%.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Ok, I added more players that were requested. The results are now:

USA win rate: 63.85%
Brit win rate: 65.73%
Wehr win rate: 62.12%
PE win rate: 63.02%

Adter adding about 30 more data entries, it's still about the same as before. From highest win rate to lowest win rate, it goes British > American > PE > Wehrmacht. However, the percentages are closer together, so I guess that's a good thing.

In the data set, there are still many more American games (16800) than the other armies. British is still at the least with only 10582 games. Wehrmacht is the 2nd most played in the data set with 14827, and PE is 3rd with 11764.

Erich

Post by Erich »

1000 games of brits,i bet half of them are from shadow.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Erich wrote:1000 games of brits,i bet half of them are from shadow.

Ofc:DD

Conan

Post by Conan »

Dont forget takoz and alman :D

RommelsAfrikaKorps

Post by RommelsAfrikaKorps »

damn, no love wake. i see how it is