Final initial list! v4.95/v5.00

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Final initial list! v4.95/v5.00

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The equipment airdrop unlock just gives the capability only for Gebirgs to call in a Lieg18 for 100 ammo without crew if not mistaken...

I think 88mm Flak would be, god, way too powerfull. Just use the HE round, and it's ok, not a single ennemy guy will survive.

It depends.. if the Inf doc can build 107mm mortar emplacements, or if the AB doc is allowed to construct emplaced Quad 50cal turrets... Then the Luft doc must be able to get both the flaks 88s as well as the 20mm Quad flaks.

And the answer to ur question is pretty obvious I believe ^^ Yes indeed, 6 Kar98s then...

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

You made a mistake, actualy, the equipment airdrop gives you the ability to call : A 81mm mortar, plus an Heavy mg42 on any troops. Yes, i agree, it's not manned already, so you have to take it, and reinforce your squad then. The leLG 18, is only for gebirgs, from the squad.

It depends.. if the Inf doc can build 107mm mortar emplacements, or if the AB doc is allowed to construct emplaced Quad 50cal turrets... Then the Luft doc must be able to get both the flaks 88s as well as the 20mm Quad flaks.

The point 7) part 2, was about inf only mode, so this is irrelevant. AB can't build quad .50 turret in inf only, same for the 107 emplacements.

2) Inf Only mode should allow the Luft doc to deploy mortar HTs, naked 88s and call in air strikes.
Luft CAN call airstrikes in inf only mode. I crushed a us base with focke wolf this very night !

Mortar HT ? No, no, no and no. If you begin to ask about weaponed ht in inf only mode, then, we should just wipe this mode out already.

And thanks for the K98 answer.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Krieger Blitzer

U may be right.. my bad then... As I actually haven't played since some long time, not to mention that I have been offline on Steam for about 80 days by now as I am very busy during this current period of my life! So; I might have definitely forgot few things.

However that btw the whole part 7 is to be generally considered just as a secondary one in this topic since it only includes some points which are not really that important after all... Anyway :)

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Hmm, still, you're right when you say that something should be done about pe luft mortars. Us got it after support weapon center, and cw got it right after the lieutnant when pe got it only after 5 cp, and 100 ammunition (50 mortars, 50 mg42).

But, after looking at the AB doctrine tree, it appears that they have a 4 cp unlock for the supplies : AB observation squad can call it in for 300mp. Then, when a squad pick it up, +100 ammunition for the player (or did i badly see it ?), plus a 60mm mortar.

Spoiler: show

In comparison, Pe Luft got a 81mm mortar for 5cp unlock, and 100 ammunition, but nothing in return (i mean, like the +100 ammunition for the us).

Spoiler: show

I think that a switch between gebirgs and heavy weapon drop could be fair (i know, i'm repeating myself). But, just a switch, nothing more. US still got that same drop for 4 cp.

On the other hand, they got a complete 81mm squad for 2 cp only... Hmm

Edit : 2cp + 180mp (obs squad) + 330 mp + 25 ammunition for the 81mm mortar team. So that's fair with this 2cp.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

[quote]"Luft cant stand Inf or AB"....[/quote} I would say it depends. The longer the game is lasting the harder it gets for luft to stand the snipers/ranger mix and you shouldnt waste much. At the other hand you can make a good advantage of the luft doc when it is simply the strongest early inf available. And if the inf loses one or two snipers too many then its getting hard to stop an assault with luft doc. Its onky very depending on the map. The larger the map the better gets luft. More units (due to higher MP income) and inf cant be just everywehere in full strenght with his army and maintaining all the emplacments (trust me, at the end you will find yourself just trying to keep all emplacment alive being not stolen at the same time). Maps like graves with high MP income and lots of cover/ambush options is good for Luft doc.

Also both can sides can "pin down" each other. If the luft once gets the upper hand and defending ground with SD2, ambushes and hetzer etc it does happen that luft can completely lock down the entire inf doc by just using ambushes and killing any inf advance wqith gebirgs. A good placed Reg 5 squad that opens fire from mid range whipes out up to 3-5 ranger squads quickly. Depending on vets of units but it works better as most can even imagine.

Play with that combo (krad, gebirgsm, mortar HT, Hetzer, sniper) and you can fully lock down any enemie and slowly preparing for finish the enemie.

At the same time luft can be locked down by inf. Lose 2 cruical units as luft player in mid game and the game might be over.

Still a combined assault (in particular on cratered maps) of luft forces can overrun a ammount of emplacments (last count was 7 MG emplacments and 3 107 mortar pits that had no cover of mobile forces. gebirgs and reg 5 assaulted the first, cleaned two 107 and a third reg 5 deployed between the emplacments. Two 107 pits got captured for a short duration. Map was Gazala).

And even if luft wouldnt stand a chance against certain allied doc the same goes in reverse. Just see RE or armor vs TH doc, Armor vs def doc etc etc.

The only real thing i would change indeed for luft doc would be the Luft pios. I dont see the point that get airdropped (but only on friendly ground which makes this "ability" even more questionable). It just skyhighs their deploy cost. Make them being a call in with k98 and its done. Maybe give them advanced repairs at default (like in vcoh?) and remove stg. They could then simply be 320 MP (?) call in with advanced repairs right away. Make the AB air drop engineers (from AB FHQ) cheaper (atm 320 MP iirc) and the brits sappers (normal and "combat" sappers) as well and all would be fine.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

I dont see the point that get airdropped (but only on friendly ground which makes this "ability" even more questionable). It just skyhighs their deploy cost. Make them being a call in with k98 and its done. Maybe give them advanced repairs at default (like in vcoh?) and remove stg. They could then simply be 320 MP (?) call in with advanced repairs right away. Make the AB air drop engineers (from AB FHQ) cheaper (atm 320 MP iirc) and the brits sappers (normal and "combat" sappers) as well and all would be fine.

They are 'Luft' Pioneers; they CAN'T be a call in, simply noway...
Making them a call in.. means that they would lose the capability of reinforcing from the air too which is completely unacceptable... Specifically since that u also want to reduce the price of the AB Engineers at the same time although knowing that they would then remain to be still capable of reinforcing from the air!! Srsly??

However that it's true that they can only drop in friendly ground.. because they are not meant to fight... Or are u going to build stuff on enemy ground somehow?! Not mention btw that as for current, u could drop them over any mechanized unit of urs (as well as the ones belonging to ur own team mates I guess) while even if those units were on enemy territories.
So, converting them to become no longer a 'Luft' squad is NOT possible anyhow...

And really now.. why less expensive Sappers? Yet again anyways, this won't happen... Unless the PE units get to be cheaper on the other hand.

Note:- If everything goes fine hopefully, I will be finally online once again on the next 26th of Jan.. when I could see with Wolf about the change-log preview then :)

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

"A good placed Reg 5 squad that opens fire from mid range whipes out up to 3-5 ranger squads quickly."

Stoped reading after this, wtf really, what a bullshit you are saying. Have you ever even played luft? Reg. 5 barely can take on 2 rangers squads with no equipment ( a single ranger squad with 30 cal. can compete with reg. 5 on long distance ).

About inf/AB vs luft in inf only mod, they dont even need snipers, PE usually looses before even can get reg.5 or Gebirgs, you will just will be overwhelmed by masses of rifles right from the start. In late game there is no chances at all, USA has more squads, hence superior position all the time, like 2 rifles staying behind green cover with bars and ranger approaching in order to throw a granade. Also, as luft you cant really take an advantage of green cover, as soon as americans have vet.3 rifles with rifle nade green cover is only can be a grave for your paratroopers + rifle nade doesnt give a fuck about vet lvl, i have seen how vet3 and vet4 units were entirely blown by a single rifle nade...

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

They are 'Luft' Pioneers; they CAN'T be a call in, simply noway...
Making them a call in.. means that they would lose the capability of reinforcing from the air too which is completely unacceptable... Specifically since that u also want to reduce the price of the AB Engineers at the same time although knowing that they would then remain to be still capable of reinforcing from the air!! Srsly??

I completly agree on that point. Luftpionneers = Airdropped pionneers, there's no way to change that.

About inf/AB vs luft in inf only mod, they dont even need snipers, PE usually looses before even can get reg.5 or Gebirgs, you will just will be overwhelmed by masses of rifles right from the start. In late game there is no chances at all, USA has more squads, hence superior position all the time, like 2 rifles staying behind green cover with bars and ranger approaching in order to throw a granade.

I'm not completly agreeing with you suckin, yes, PE will probably be overwhelmed by rifle section, since they are cheaper. But it doesn't work way that on big maps. Even on urban maps it does not completly work that way. PE units are fewer but way thougher, just build a trench, and they will stand the ground. Until mortar or snipers are coming, since this moment, that's true, pe are quite in disadvantage. That's why i'm willing to switch cp unlocks.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Krieger Blitzer

That's why i'm willing to switch cp unlocks.

In my opinion, that switching is not a bad idea.. but actually not a good one either! Because this way the Luft doc player won't be able to have Gebirgs only after 3 CP anymore... As it will be 5 CPs then :\

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Sadly, you probably can't have both, a choice has to be made ^^
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Imo the whole luft doc is pretty bad. A good rework should be done but this is not going to happen and these discussions remain on the surface of the problem.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

That's a pretty usefull comment, for sure... So what are your propostions for this rework ? Why don't you make a topic about it, maybe your ideas are good. This topic is here to list all the proposition, and the things that will be changed in the new patch. For this goal, it works.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You missed the point about luftwaffe and Fallschirmjäger. The "Luftwaffepersonal" are actually guys who repaired airplanes. They never dropped by air. They are just Airfield personal that got moved to the front (for repair and limited combat duty) when the Luftwaffe lacked lots of fuel. In vcoh they are also call ins.

Besides that they currently cant airdrop on enemie or neutral ground anyways. The Air reinforce is "limited usefull". Units that are repairing are being killed lot easier. That means whenever you start taking casaulties you also have to press the retreat button (same when arty comes in). So the air reinforce doesnt makes much sense either here. And since healing HT with hauptsturmführer is used by pretty much everybody who plays luft the air reinforcment is becoming even less "usefull". Its funny but gamebreaking or super important is also not the case.

i was actually thinking of:

Luftaffe Personal as call in. Advanced repairs at default, K98 as standard equipment (Mp 40 maybe as upgrade like def doc pios) and cost of 250 MP. So what you cant get from air you can get in masses. Two squads as call in are at least as usefull (if not more) as one single very expensive squad of which nobody really knows what it is: combat or pure repair squad? You would spare lots of MP for the squad, lots of MP for cheaper reinforce cost and lots of MP as you dont need the advanced repair upgrade. So the "repair" capabilties would be "more stable" throughout the game and luftwaffe a lot more usefull in getting up Luftwaffe defensive weapons.

The CW sappers simply down to apporx 250-220 MP. The combat sappers from 400 to 375.
The AB enigs from 320 to 200 (they are basic engineers that require AB FHQ).

But lets compare luft and AB engins/pios. AB players usually go only for the basic squad for 180 MP. They rather get many cheap engis that build all their quad cal 50 emplacments and which repair their stuff. Barely someone is using the airdropped enigs which can reinforce from air but due to the double cost of quite unappealing.

And the same i thinking about Luft pios. Many cheaper easier replaced squads would allow to build up and repair more quad 20 mm and 88 and stuff. A single airdropped but expenisve squad isnt better in maintaining emplacments even if it can reinforce from air (which in case of instant arty shell squad whipe makes no real difference).

This is my thinking.

@sukin:
You missed the point.

1. I said ambush from good pos (green cover if you want) opening fire from mid- close range when the three ranger squads are on the move (not necessarily as blobb). Vets would be comparable. It is possible. If the map is cratered the situation may changes a bit but in the mid game with "open floors" you can quickly whipe three ranger squads from a good ambush.

2. You talked about pr early with masses of rifles and jeeps etc. I am aware about that but its not a luft doc related problem but rather PE in general.

Yes it does need some brain playing with Luft and most importantly being carefully. But if you keep the army rather small full with units that can ambush making crossfire zones you can smash any assault before those can become really dangerous.

Also you can get 81 mm mortar and HMG42 for just 100 ammo. But only a handfull uses that and making good use of it.

Eldrak1911 wrote:That's a pretty usefull comment, for sure... So what are your propostions for this rework ? Why don't you make a topic about it, maybe your ideas are good. This topic is here to list all the proposition, and the things that will be changed in the new patch. For this goal, it works.

Buff the Hetzer a bit in pen and damage (see 75 mm L/48 gun issue) and that thing would become really cool. Atm i always get hetzer with Luft. Hetzer is in my opinion more important as an AA tank since RAF air raids in general deal little damage to Luft inf (especially vs gebirgs in cover).

Losing a unit is a pain but thats kind of supposed. We made a list of how to improve Luft a bit (like current weapon as upgrade costing ammo in return for lower build cost) but we havent got an answer really.

So as for the "cost issues" or however you want to call it i would say that changing the Luftpios could help a lot. Many cheap squads that build constructions and which repair pretty fast. is that really so much worse as one super expensive squad that in late doesnt do anything else than repairing on friendly ground anyway most of the time and which often dies instantly when repearing stuff close to the front?

So how could Luft become better (something we already talked about somewhere here in forum).

Some suggestions got made by several players:

1. There was an idea to remove the G43 and FG42 as default weapon and replace it with normal G43 (or K98) and MP40. The Scoped G43 as upgrade. The Reg 5 can get F42 ´s (two or four or six idk....one double pack for 75 ammo). But also STG44 for normal 50 ammo for each double pack. That way lots of MP drop cost could be saved. Luft inf cost so much MP (to build) coz of their powerfull default weapons which are atm the best you can get in the game. The reinforce cost could stay (SS squad cost 42 per men without airdrop reinforce option). Cheaper build cost do allow combined arms use earlier, more often and easier.
2. gebirgs as a call in could save lots of res combined with point 1.
3. arty barrage for 88´s.
4. The Pios as call in for dropped cost as you can see here.
5. Hetzer 75 mm L/48 gun changes.

That way luft players could get effectively more units which also become easier to get (88) and which become also more effective (88, hetzer).

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Luftaffe Personal as call in. Advanced repairs at default, K98 as standard equipment (Mp 40 maybe as upgrade like def doc pios) and cost of 250 MP. So what you cant get from air you can get in masses. Two squads as call in are at least as usefull (if not more) as one single very expensive squad of which nobody really knows what it is: combat or pure repair squad? You would spare lots of MP for the squad, lots of MP for cheaper reinforce cost and lots of MP as you dont need the advanced repair upgrade. So the "repair" capabilties would be "more stable" throughout the game and luftwaffe a lot more usefull in getting up Luftwaffe defensive weapons.
That makes sense, that's right...

Point 1 and 2. What ? No more fg42 for Gebirgs ? They are elites units, The FG42 has been develloped especialy for Fallschirmjägers and Gebirgs iirc, no ? No more airdrop ? What would be the point of luft then ? Royal commandos are airdropped with glidders, GI are airdropped with the AB, why would the Gebirgs and/or Fallschirmjäger not be airdropped ?

I know that they are expensive because of their weapons and abilities, but they are elite units, and that's like that.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Krieger Blitzer

You missed the point about luftwaffe and Fallschirmjäger. The "Luftwaffepersonal" are actually guys who repaired airplanes. They never dropped by air.

But actually in the game.. u can't repair planes so far! :D
So, if it was really according to realism... They would be then totally removed from Bk since that it's not possible to repair any aircrafts :P

Now listen to me carefully; I would say that ur ideas aren't really that bad as we also already discussed most of them before.. however that just to be honest with u, it's definitely a shitload of work to be done.
Therefore I say it clearly once again; any kind of complete reworking suggestions are not welcomed regardless of how great they are...
That's why I am always looking for at least some improvements on different aspects with good results, and not a massive doc rework anyhow, specifically since that it will be the last patch. As that personally after it btw even if it wasn't the last patch which is something I highly doubt.. my whole attention would be then concentrated with the Afrika add on ONLY anyways...

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Eldrak1911 wrote:That's a pretty usefull comment, for sure... So what are your propostions for this rework ? Why don't you make a topic about it, maybe your ideas are good. This topic is here to list all the proposition, and the things that will be changed in the new patch. For this goal, it works.

Propositions have already been said a lot of times throughout the updates and for what? Pages and pages of suggestions are written but the devs take in consideration what they want. They make the mod, they decide. Same as when Xali was here.

But you want suggestions again?

-Make the 125 plane somewhat useful and accurate and let it it be available always, not as a reward unit, so you can choose between one and another on the game depending on your ammo and needs.
-Remove the Panther, replace it for a Panzer IV and give it (the G version) to the TH doc instead of the useless Nashorn to have, at least, one PE doc with some offensive power.
-The standart paras should be available immediately. Before, when you started with 1 CP, you could drop them and start building defenses, capturing, blocking...It added diversity and gameplay. And their price is too high.
-Allow the Falls to pick one weapon for the ground apart from the Shreck, so if needed they can have 2 shrecks/bazookas for example
-Make the Wiberlwind useful so inf AT squads can not rush FRONTALLY, without ANY COVER and destroy it.
-The actual price for the air mines has been set too high.
-Remove the freezing time for the nebel, at least getting out of the barracks and after every move, but leave it after shooting.
-The actual range of the Flak is pretty ridiculous, something in between would have been better.

The list is too huge, but again, it's almost worthless suggesting

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Propositions have already been said a lot of times throughout the updates and for what? Pages and pages of suggestions are written but the devs take in consideration what they want.

First, that's completely true, strawpolls have been made a few times to listen to the community, and they have been respected. Second :
They make the mod, they decide. Same as when Xali was here.
True, but hey, big news ! THEY are working their ass to make the mod, THEY take THEIR time to make the mod, that's pretty logic...

-Make the 125 plane somewhat useful and accurate and let it it be available always, not as a reward unit
: You mean the stucka ? He's accurate, but he's not powerfull in fact, the aoe is pretty small, that would be nice to enhanced it.

Remove the Panther, replace it for a Panzer IV and give it (the G version) to the TH doc instead of the useless Nashorn to have, at least, one PE doc with some offensive power.
I don't understand why everybody is willing to retire the nashorn, it's a fucking 88mm on tracks, one section of pe pionneers (the starting ones + G43), and the point you're willing to defend is blocked.

Btw, the tank hunter is a doctrine meant to make a good use of... Tank Hunter... If you're willing more tanks, then use, i don't know, the Scorched Earth! I know, there are less tanks in PE doctrines than in Werhmacht doctrines, but they are better.

-Allow the Falls to pick one weapon for the ground apart from the Shreck, so if needed they can have 2 shrecks/bazookas for example
That's not a bad idea...

Make the Wiberlwind useful so inf AT squads can not rush FRONTALLY, without ANY COVER and destroy it.
Every AT squad are doing this... Werhmacht ones, pe ones, us ones... The only ones that don't do it are the piat. Cause they simply can't shoot like a bazooka. The wirberlwind is fine imo. The problem is comming from at squads.

The price is fine imo, but a larger (a bit larger) aoe would be nice for every mines (don't know if it's possible).

Remove the freezing time for the nebel, at least getting out of the barracks and after every move, but leave it after shooting.
I agree for the freezing time when out of barracks. Not for the rest. That's still 560 Killogramms to pull or to push.

The actual range of the Flak is pretty ridiculous, something in between would have been better.
Something in between ? Increasing the range too much could end in an impossibility to call anything in the air.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Krieger Blitzer

Same as when Xali was here.

Not really...

-The standart paras should be available immediately. Before, when you started with 1 CP, you could drop them and start building defenses, capturing, blocking...It added diversity and gameplay. And their price is too high.

I can only agree that their price is too high for sure.

Makes sense! A valid point actually.
But also just keep in mind that I already included cheaper Reg5 as well as heroic charge ability for the HauptOfficer at Vet 2 which is going to be generally a very useful thing against any kind of suppression...

-Make the Wiberlwind useful so inf AT squads can not rush FRONTALLY, without ANY COVER and destroy it.

Somewhat this is considered too, and it's already included along with the Ostwind.

Not at all.

-The actual range of the Flak is pretty ridiculous, something in between would have been better.

It was 100 and now 85.. so I am wondering; what do u mean by saying "The actual range", does it not feel like 85 I am afraid?? It should be more than the Scott and probably even more than the Stupa.

88s only need arty barrage (for Luft) and slightly cheaper price for emplaced versions as already included in the first place... Currently the range is just fine I would say.

Now I repeat once again;
Panther G to TH doc, SP removal.. EVEN earlier ALRS for Tiger1s... Combat Engineers to Armor doc, short barreled Jumbos to Armor doc too, Priest to Inf doc... Or 105 Sherman to Armor doc.. and more repairing speed for BergeTiger, ammo prices to AT teams and less MP cost...
ALL these are just completely off the table obviously as mentioned!
If there is anyone asking 'why' then simply just go and ask Wolf.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

@Tiger: Luftwaffe forces had always been used on the ground. In the early war stages only luftwaffe units had the 88 guns so on the eastern front the luftwaffe ground forces had been the most important as tank destroyer units.

Later on the Luftwaffepersonal from Airfields went to the front as airplanes had no fuel anyway. So it would be correct to have the as normal ground forces. They are pioneers from the Luftwaffe, no fallschirmjägers. Throughout the entire war the Luftwaffe did provide personal to frontline ground forces.

Even the fallschirmjäger didnt drop out from airplanes over enemie ground after the creta operation. They got deployed (and wasted) as a quick "reaction force" that flew from one frontal section to another to reinforce the defenses. So much to the historcial part.

And as AB players always use the standard engis over the airdropped one shows that its more appealing to get many cheap units for repairs as to get one much more expensive which has the "advantage" of airdropp reinforcment. And apparently it works better to have lots of cheap pios to maintain a stable defense (see def doc) as to get one expensive squad which in late game barely allows to maintain two emplacments. In average i need two of them to maintain three 88´s guns (repair, recrew etc). So having 4 would allow me to maintain more of them even better.

Maybe the Luft doc would have 250-270 MP call in Luftwaffe pios having advanced rep at default and Th doc would get the Bergetiger as special repair unit.

@Kasbash: The problem with the stuka bomber (125 ammo bomber) but also with AB P-47 bomber is that the bombs are acting very randomly. Sometimes they work and destroy in a good radius, sometimes they do nothing at all.

What bugs me is that the Stuka bomb is a bit too weak against emplacments (which it is supposed to destroy mainly).

The flaks have so far endless range vs airplanes. Their flight path just has to cross a specific circle arround the AA gun to make the shoot.

Standard paras for 0 CP... idk. As i said i did that once in HR games and games ended quickly. I mean in the very beginning that squad is very competetive. The rifle stats might be even as good as those of Volks (not sure though). Having it as starting unit with airdrop reinforcment and without production time and superior rifle stats could make it a bit too strong.

@Eldrak: I didnt say remove, i said to make them as upgrade. So some MP cost would drop in return for ammo cost. Also the FG42 was extremly rare. Just 7500 build. It was supposed to be multipurpose weapon (rifle, assault rifle, lmg, sniper rifle) for Fallschirmjägers to make it easier for the forces to get their equipment from the weapon boxes (they jumped just with pistol and maybe MP40 out of the plane). So a lmg squad had not to search their box with lmg... they took a FG42 and they got what they needed. But after creta mission and the hitlers instruction not to make airborne operations anymore the reason to produce more of that complex and expensive weapon was gone. For the future ground missions the STG was good enough and so Luftwaffe Fallschirmjägers used stgs, rifles and lmgs just like the normal soldiers. They didnt even received training on the parachute later and many "Fallschirmjäger" hadnt been able to make airplane drops (at least those who got trained in 44/45.)

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Ah ok, it seems that i missread ^^ Why hitler has given that order, if i believe wikipedia, even with 4000 losses, axis wins that battle no ?

So, for bk. I'm ok for the the fg42 to replaced as main weapon by something, but not G43. I mean, Pios got it, grenadier too iirc. Stgs would nice or a mix, half stgs and half k98. Plus 1(or 2) FG42 as upgrade as lmg.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Wake

Post by Wake »

Warhawks97 wrote:Standard paras for 0 CP... idk. As i said i did that once in HR games and games ended quickly. I mean in the very beginning that squad is very competetive. The rifle stats might be even as good as those of Volks (not sure though). Having it as starting unit with airdrop reinforcment and without production time and superior rifle stats could make it a bit too strong.

What if we make the 101st cost only 1 CP? Currently they cost 2.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:Standard paras for 0 CP... idk. As i said i did that once in HR games and games ended quickly. I mean in the very beginning that squad is very competetive. The rifle stats might be even as good as those of Volks (not sure though). Having it as starting unit with airdrop reinforcment and without production time and superior rifle stats could make it a bit too strong.

What if we make the 101st cost only 1 CP? Currently they cost 2.

Firstly i would have to check the Luftwaffe pios stats. I mean they would be kind of very early available pio unit that comes instantly being also the best of all pios for combat.

I think it might be worth testing but then in the tec tree would also be a new "hole" that need to be filled again. It would be kind of these greater changes devs dont want to make anymore (or not anytime soon).

@Eldrak: The Reg 5 would drop with MP40 and the schreck in the package. STG and FG42 as upgrades. G43 scoped as upgrade was refered to gebirgs :)

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

@ Warhawks : STG and FG42 would be in two differents upgrade, i suppose ? At wich cost ?

50 munition : 2 STGs ; 75 munition : 2 FG42 (That's just a proposition), and a third upgrade with 1 more schreck, for 25 munition (It's only one schrecks...). As FG42 are multi-purpose weapons, i suppose that Reg5 wouldn't need a specifical lmg with those upgrades.

I just cheked in game data about Luft doc.

Gebirgs, as Falschirm and SS Stormtroopers squad cost 550mp.

Gebirgs start with scoped G43 + Faust (Sergent) + Lmg34 in the package.

Falschirmjäger start with FG42 + 1 one schreck in package.

SS Storm Squad start with G43 unscoped + 1 STG44 for the sergent. They have 3 upgrades : 50 muni > STG44 ; 75 muni > Schreck (1) ; 100 muni > LMG42.

The question is : Why would someone get the SS Storm squad in fact... And, if we give G43 unscoped to Gebirgs, Would not the result be a clone of Storm squad ? (Kind of).
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Krieger Blitzer

Most of these historical facts actually don't have any credit really; specifically since that in Bk mod the pvp game balance is always number 1.. fun factor is number 2, realism is number 3... History is number 4! Or we would have simply removed both the SP and the Elephant long time ago for example...

And so that's why I think that Luft Pioneers will never be a call in as they should remain to be dropped from the air.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Of course the devs do as they please, this is why they give their free time and I thank them for that. I just don't see much sense on having a forum to debate if very few will be taken into consideration. This place is to discuss the dreams about how we would like to see the mod more than anything.

For me the whole PE faction has a problem. It has mainly a support role because there is really no offensive doctrine in it. It's unlikely to play 1vs1 with PE or multiplayer with only PE if there is no Wher to lead the offensive. As stated, even the defensive Wher doc is more offensive than any PE. This is why we talked about giving the Panther to the TH doc.

Luft lacks many things and excells in nothing. Instead of nebels I would like to see maultiers, to give mobility. Flaks should be the iconic weapon of this doc, they should therefore have more range than wher ones. The infantry... gebirsg and fallsch are somehow redundant and not THAT amazing. Don't know, too much to do and not going to happen