Stug III vs Stug IV

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Devilfish

Stug III vs Stug IV

Post by Devilfish »

Hey guys,
I've been wondering, what is the real difference between these two default/reward tanks? Someone can or had already peeked into game files or/and have experience in game with both of them?
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Warhawks97

Re: Stug III vs Stug IV

Post by Warhawks97 »

Stug IV:
HP: 636
can Ambush with vet 1
400 MP/40 fuel
(Stationary mode?)

Stug III:
HP 580
Can boost nearby Grens and Stormtrooper in an radius of 20. Received damage modifier 0.7, Received suppression modifier 0.25. Ability cost 25 ammo.
Hull down with vet 2.
Stationary mode.
Can fire smoke cover on a position you wish (usefull to cover advances and infantry)
Timed HE rounds.
350MP/40 fuel

Both use same gun and armor values which isnt really amazing, still better than Hetzer and Jagdpanzer IV/48.

The IV becomes usefull with vet 1 getting ambush. A TD for Wehrmacht. The III is better for combined assault and cheaper to build. So i prefer them.

I wish the stuh42 would be like the stug III is just with big 105 howitzer. Cheap, stug assault ability, smoke etc. That would make the stuh pretty cool and usefull.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

Warhawks97 wrote:Stug IV:
HP: 636
can Ambush with vet 1
400 MP/40 fuel
(Stationary mode?)

Stug III:
HP 580
Can boost nearby Grens and Stormtrooper in an radius of 20. Received damage modifier 0.7, Received suppression modifier 0.25. Ability cost 25 ammo.
Hull down with vet 2.
Stationary mode.
Can fire smoke cover on a position you wish (usefull to cover advances and infantry)
Timed HE rounds.
350MP/40 fuel

Both use same gun and armor values which isnt really amazing, still better than Hetzer and Jagdpanzer IV/48.

The IV becomes usefull with vet 1 getting ambush. A TD for Wehrmacht. The III is better for combined assault and cheaper to build. So i prefer them.

I wish the stuh42 would be like the stug III is just with big 105 howitzer. Cheap, stug assault ability, smoke etc. That would make the stuh pretty cool and usefull.

Another thing why I like the III better than the IV is because the IV (like a few other tanks) will NOT automatically engage targets (mostly applies to infantry). So if you are busy controlling other units, it will just be sitting there taking damage and not even engaging things. One of the things that makes me very mad with the select few tanks that have this "problem".

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

"UP" this StuG topic.
In past, I was surprised, that StuG.III or IV is not available for PE. So StuGs was very widespread unit at the front in all troops (Wehrmaht and Waffen-SS). Therefore, did not find the place in PE "Panzer-Jager Command" for StuG (maybe not for all doctrines, SE and Luft only for example) ?

P.S. StuGs was so widespread as a US M10 Wolverine (represents in BK-mod for all US doctrines and for CW as 17pd M10 Achilles) in WW2.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

right. Maybe Stug III should be available for PE in order to have something to accompany troops and Tank Hunters. Panzer IV is not bad more Stug III imo would be more suitable and will give this doc some anti infantry capabilities (half tracks are not powerful enough)