Pak emplacments

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Pak emplacments

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its not a bug deal and rather a question that wont get out of my head since a long time and today ive been checking all of them to be sure.

Listing the facts:

Movable 17 Pounder cost 440 MP.
Emplaced 17 Pounder cost 360 MP and 20 fuel (-80MP, +20 fuel)

Movable Pak 40 cost 330 MP.
Emplaced Pak 40 cost 300 MP and 20 fuel (-30 mp,+20 fuel)

Movable US 76mm/L55 Pak cost 300 MP.
Emplaced US 76mm/L55 Pak cost 300 MP and 20 fuel. (+20 fuel. Having also no HE round ability unlike the movable).

Is my point obvious? If not i make it short. CW and Axis pay less MP and in return some fuel for their emplaced paks. Just US has only additional fuel cost. Question: why?
Has it any valid reason because i dont think so. As Inf doc has basicaly not much to stand with heavy axis tanks the Pak emplacment are the only that may keep enemie tanks away and their pak emplacment is already weaker than those of brits or axis.

cant the cost for emplaced US pak drop by lets say 20-30 MP and having the HE rounds such as the movable has?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

alexandertheaverage

Re: Pak emplacments

Post by alexandertheaverage »

it may be that the 76mm pak was made less expensive due to it's middling performance, and whoever made the edit just didn't think about lowering the cost for the emplaced version as well.

I do agree however that this should be fixed.

edit - sorry for necropost.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

alexandertheaverage wrote:it may be that the 76mm pak was made less expensive due to it's middling performance, and whoever made the edit just didn't think about lowering the cost for the emplaced version as well.

I do agree however that this should be fixed.

edit - sorry for necropost.

i dont get your first sentence. oO The cost of unemplaced is actually balanced and US pay less than others as it is the weakest of all heavy PAKs.

My point here is that Axis and CW pay less MP for the emplaced AT guns as for their movables in return for some fuel. Abilites are the same. Only US pay same amount of MP for their emplaced as for their unemplaced but having also fuel cost and the HE ability is even removed from them.

So since all pay less mp for the emplaced versions i dont get why us is once again an exception.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

alexandertheaverage

Post by alexandertheaverage »

oh, now i understand.

hopefully the mp cost issue will be fixed in a future update... also, i think all emplacements (other than arty) should have some anti-infantry capability. HE rounds should be included without question.