IV/48 vs Hetzer

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

IV/48 vs Hetzer

Post by Warhawks97 »

Which is better. I got actually asked which gun is better but well, i checked both units.

Its pretty funny again....

In the reward menu the description says the Hetzer is weaker armored but cheaper. Its actually the opposite oO.

When i checked correctly then it seems as follows.

Sherman and Hellcat are pretty equal effective against them. The TT pen for both is better against IV/48 but the IV/48 has 0.9 received pen modifier. So at the end both guns are equal against both targets.

M10 is better against Hetzer armor. It has approx 5% more pen at max range against hetzer.

The 17 pdr (at least firefly) is much better against the IV48. It has guranteed pen against the IV/48 at all ranges. Against hetzer it has 70,8% pen at max range. The 17 pdr AT gun seems to be even weaker against Hetzer. The Jagdpanzer IV/48 shares same armor values against 17 pdr as the normal Tank IV which is incorrect since the Jagdpanzer IV has slopped armor actually.

The 90 mm Jacks in return is better against hetzer. Pen chance here is 78,3% vs IV/48 at max range and 81,2% vs Hetzer at max range.

Besides that the Hetzer has more advantages over the IV48:

-Fatser reload (4,5-5.5 sec for Hetzer, 6 for IV/48)
-Mg shoots in all direction. Since these tank has suppression ability this becomes more effective.
-Hetzer is cheaper
-Hetzer has flank speed ability
-The hetzer gun has also better pen against Jackson.

I do not give a 100% gurantee but that seems to be how it is. I think there is no point of choosing the IV48 over Hetzer as PE player. The reward description is thus a lie actually that spreads wrong knowlegde to players.

I would say that we simply remove the IV/48 from PE. Since the Hetzer was a lot more in use in ww2 that might makes sense (2.500 hetzer build, 769 IV/48).

The IV48 would remain in def doc with reduced cost.

Thats just an option.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Re: IV/48 vs Hetzer

Post by Redgaarden »

Dont forget HEAT shells hetzer has, quite effective vs churhills. And if I remember correctly they are one of the only 75mm guns that can pen curchills.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Redgaarden wrote:Dont forget HEAT shells hetzer has, quite effective vs churhills. And if I remember correctly they are one of the only 75mm guns that can pen curchills.

You mean out of the 75 mm L/48 guns. The Panther also has 75 mm^^.

And not only against those. Since most 75 mm L/48 guns are by far not as powerfull as the L/48 guns one of the Tank IV H/J its also good against shermans as it provides 100% penetration against them without losing any power at distance. So Heat in general can be quite usefull in critical moments.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Hetzer vs JPIV L48 is an open secret.
Above all what you already said, the first thing I noticed was Hetzer HP. Durability is supposed to follow an hp/tons ratio. The jagd 38 T despite efficient frontal armour is a light or at best a medium panzer, and anyway have too much HP imo.