The 1897 75mm gun with 17 pounder shells.

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Eldrak1911

The 1897 75mm gun with 17 pounder shells.

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Hi, i was exploring the Bk Mod with Corsix (i'm a curious guy...), and i saw something.

This :
Spoiler: show

I'm not an expert of the corsix Mod Studio, nor than an expert in modding for CoH. So i was wondering if that means that the 1897 arty truck is firing 17 pounder shells, or if it means that the graphical aspect of the 17 pounder is used for this truck.

I'm not here to begin an argument on something, i just want a nice and innocent little answer to my question.

Thanks a lot.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Re: The 1897 75mm gun with 17 pounder shells.

Post by Warhawks97 »

It has nothing to with performence.

If you want to know the performence then go archive or archive patch. Search the weapon in ebps and look what weapon it uses. Then go in weapon file and check the weapon. There you see damage, range etc etc. There are also the Target tables where you can see the modifiers against each target (accuracy, damage, pen, etc)
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

So the projectile here is only for the graphical aspect ? Explosion etc ?
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yep... From most part it is only visual... You can set some other stuff there but it has nothing to do with weapon performance.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

idk to be honest.

But as i said, when you want to look what the weapon does then you have to check the weapon in ebps (there might be modifiers), then in the weapon file the weapons stats (accuracy, reload), then the target tables which are also there, then you have to check abilties (e.g AP rounds) which you see in the units ability list in ebps file and which tell you how the ability is called in that huge ability folder

Sample: Jagdpanzer IV from ambush with APCR rounds vs Churchill.

First you look into ebps folder for PE buildings. Find the correct bulding and check what units it produces. Find the name of the one you want to look for in the ebps->PE->vehicles. There you find the weapon but also the units ability. If you found ability names (for APCR and ambush) and and weapon name then you can look into the large ability folder for the Wolfrahm rounds and ambush ability. The weapon is listed in the weapon folder. Open the weapon and check its stats and the TT against churchill. Then go into ebps->CW->vehicles and check the churchill if there is any modifier that reduces maybe received incoming accuracy or penetration

At the end you add and multiply stuff together.

For Penetration: Penetration in TT x Penetration in the Weapon file for the range you want to know(short, mid, long, distant) x Wolfram ability penetration boost x Churchill received penetration modifier.

For range: Range in weapon file + Range boost from ambush ability.
Accuracy: accuracy at each distant x accuracy in TT x accuracy modifiers of friendly and enemie abilities x received accuracy modifiers of the target unit which can be found in the units file in ebps folder.

So finding the correct values can sometimes take a while. For my last topic about allied tanks and commando units i did need few hours to check every units abilties, abiltiy boosts etc. And this was only for some units and i knew some values already (like reload times of units, ambush bonis etc).

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Thanks for the answer MarKr. And thanks a lot for the lesson Warhawks. I'm not able to find all the Pe Buildings, but i'll keep looking :)

Edit : Nevermind, i found them ^^
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

In Ebps-> buildings folder there are actually 5 buildings listed. These have a "spawner" subfile where you can see all units that are build in that building. That way you also find which vehicle is the correct one. Sometimes its still tricky to findd the correct stuff.

I was for example looking for the SS squad standard erquipment. I found the ability that calls the SS squad but couldnt find what name the unit has in ebps-> soldier file or spbs.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 27 Sep 2015, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Thanks again, i finally found it, i'm not use to the english's name, so it took time to find it ^^
Hey, i'm a bat, man !