Hill 192
No votes
Villers Bocage
9%

Total votes: 11

Butterkeks

Re: BKNC 2v2 Tournament (win prizes)

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:Nice, good to see that Wolf has now hanged this one up to become on the top! :)

Just saw it too, Thumbs up, Wolf :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Bumb

grayson1337

Post by grayson1337 »

Hi, are there any news how the tiers will work? I'd like to participate but not if i have to play against the "pros" like Tiger, Sukin and so on^^ :D

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The tiers will most likely be based on total # games played per team. There is nothing to stop anyone from playing higher tiers, but maxes on lower tiers. One of our greater challenges is finding a way to keep smurfs and abusers from restarting accounts to play the lower tiers. If anyone has suggestions, please let us know.

One method of encouraging players from going to the higher tiers as opposed to smurfing and playing lower is segmenting the prizes too; higher value prizes for the more difficult tournament. But, that's not a surefire solution. Hopefully it doesn't come down to subjectively determining who is "too good" for the lower tournament.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

grayson1337

Post by grayson1337 »

How about a minimum of 50 or 100 games or something like that and the Steam Acc must be at least existing for a year? Sure someone could still fake these mimimum amount of games with 2 Pc and 2 Accounts but at least someone can't just create a new Steam Account for just this game. Of course i'm aware that some people could already have more than one account for quite some time but overall it still reduces the risk of tier faking. Additionally i think that the community is really small especially of those who visit this forum and will compete in the TO and i'm not sure if these folks are really willing to make those efforts just to win the tournament if the alternative is playing fair within their tier.
just my 2 cents :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Yea! Yeaa, better give us more details already!!!!!

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

grayson1337 wrote:Hi, are there any news how the tiers will work? I'd like to participate but not if i have to play against the "pros" like Tiger, Sukin and so on^^ :D

Honorably btw since u mentioned us I would then like to hint on:-

What is unfortunately sure.. is that Sukin clearly said that he won't participate in this tournament as he is very busy studying abroad atm!
What is unsure but more likely correct, is that actually I will also not participate :( Although I would like to... The reason is that soon or maybe by the end of October; I will be completely off or I mean totally 'unavailable' for a period of probably 3 months again just due to studying purposes as well.

However that I will be trying to visit the forums only from time to time which is what Sukin doing now too :)

It would be really interesting anyways to watch the rest of all the experienced players fighting for this prize ^^ So good luck to all ;)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ok. News:
A "match" will consist of 4 games. Each team will play both sides of a map (starting positions) as both allegiances (axis/allies, within each allegiance you can choose whichever of the two factions you want). You will be given a set amount of time (maybe a week or so) to finish that set of 4 games. Winners of each game will submit a replay to the tourney "admin" (just an email address). Right now, I'm trying to find the right tool for game scheduling so that teams will be able to coordinate times to play. Playing the games will be the teams' responsibility. Failure to play the games will result in punishments and possibly disqualifications (more details later). The same map will be used for the entire tournament.

The overall structure of the tournament will be a large round robin, where every team will play every team. Total victories/defeats will be summed to determine rankings and winners. There will not be elimination rounds. There may be tie breaker rounds.

So, this tournament will play out more like a "season" than a bracketed tournament. If there are patches during the tournament, we will hit that road when we get there. I'll talk with the devs about this.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

A "match" will consist of 4 games. Each team will play both sides of a map (starting positions) as both allegiances (axis/allies, within each allegiance you can choose whichever of the two factions you want). You will be given a set amount of time (maybe a week or so) to finish that set of 4 games.

Oh my god 4 games with the same teams! I hate that.
The overall structure of the tournament will be a large round robin, where every team will play every team. Total victories/defeats will be summed to determine rankings and winners. There will not be elimination rounds. There may be tie breaker rounds.

I love to hear that it won't be elimination tournament :D.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

4 games with the same team is meant to make sure all perspectives are played by each team.
Besides... It's not too different than most games today anyways... same players. same teams. same map. every time. This time it's for points is all.

Glad to hear you support the decision.

DolphinsAreGaySharks

Post by DolphinsAreGaySharks »

What i have to do to participate in this tournament?