What is missing? 4950!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Re: What is missing? 4950!

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I think u have probably forgot that the Aces are costing much more CPs, so they are not anyhow cheaper as u think...

when games last long, that doesnt matter anymore. They are late game tanks. So you get a better tiger cheaper for the late game.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

They are not late game units... Some players specifically during 2v2s are still rushing directly for the SP btw.. and this way it even comes earlier than the Tiger Ace or perhaps even earlier than any other heavy Axis tank sometimes! The Croc is also too powerful for its cheap cost, earliest availability of all and such great performance at the end; it's the best 'Ace' now in my opinion though that I know it's not an Ace anymore.

And if u would ever consider them as late game stage tanks then they are currently so unreliable or almost completely absolute by that timing period of the battle!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:They are not late game units... Some players specifically during 2v2s are still rushing directly for the SP btw.. and this way it even comes earlier than the Tiger Ace or perhaps even earlier than any other heavy Axis tank sometimes! The Croc is also too powerful for its cheap cost, earliest availability of all and such great performance at the end; it's the best 'Ace' now in my opinion though that I know it's not an Ace anymore.

And if u would ever consider them as late game stage tanks then they are currently so unreliable or almost completely absolute by that timing period of the battle!!

maybe for you.

But they are also not supposed to come very early. When you go straight for it... OK, then they come in mid game. A good deal still.

Also what makes me curious is that it seems for you that Tigers are the only thing that can achive the win. In fact they decide the battle for axis in maybe just like 5% of all played games. So i dont know why you hang so on them. They are not a must have to win but also not weak when used by idiots, just need to be used carefully.

So yeah... there are lots of other possible ways to win with axis besides tigers.

Krieger Blitzer

When I won Shadow through that epic 1v1.. I won without Tigers at all, so they are surely not the only method that is capable of achieving victory to me... Yet the Allies are same; they could win without the SP too as they of course don't need it every time for that.
But everyone still has his own favorite style so far :)
And I am not speaking only about the Tiger Ace btw while probably excluding the PAce as well anyhow!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

So you see... big expensive tanks are not always the best method to win. And just becuase they cant help in certain situation doesnt mean its instantly a ballance issue.

I cant even remember when i used any pershing last times. And Tigers rarely. I am not a fan of investing lots of res into a single unit. Still, the few times i used the Tigers they served well what i cant say for the normal pershings atm. But thats also because the factions have very specific ways of using armor and for me a combo of shermans with vet, smoke and backed by a TD is always preferable over a pershing. For the BK doc i consider the combo of well used storms aa tanks and Tank IV´s or panthers as the most deadly combo. The Tiger the most deadly single unit in this doc.

But i just got the feeling when spotting your posts that the tigers are the last real possible ways to win with axis which is simply not true. I would even go so far that in end games the SP is more crucial to win at the end with armor doc as the Tiger is crucial for the win final win for BK doc.

Veted storms+Panther (and AA tanks) are the most important factors to win with BK doc in late game as this combo is powerfull against everything. Not even a Tiger alone can match this strenght in my opinion. Meanwhile the SP (+command car) can easily provide as much firepower (against late axis armor) and combat strenght to the armor doc as a bunch of 7 easy eights with vet and sandbags. But it cant replace the flexibility of 7 easy eight shermans.

Krieger Blitzer

I don't care how u do it... It's ur own way at the end! While I do also have my own way.. Zadoff doesn't like to use the SP as he usually succeeds with the normal Pershing so often; the same way I also succeeded several times with my normal Tiger too as u already know; Yet no one could ever stick on any Aces. If u don't like to use them then this DOESN'T justify the reason of why they should be unreliable!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Never said they are unreliable. But high cost does not automatically mean to be always effective in any situation.

The brits got their ace replaced, the US have an alternative which many apparently use successfull. And the Tiger.... in my opinion afterall the best 1500 (i know its 1750, but that includes storms) MP unit available out there. I mean for the cost of an Tiger ace you just get an elephant which is in my opinion not as good as the Tiger ace and not so dangerous.

Krieger Blitzer

Aces are just a trash for now... They have to be buffed exactly as requested on the point number 4.. including even the normal ones on the way too! Even the Tiger Ace somehow can't do shit against the Croc while it should be at least allowed to use the Accurate Long Shot by default, come on; fk it.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Well since no one wrote about inf doc in here i will now, many People dont agree with the yet excisting inf doc.... Cmon guys we do not Need a 2 re at american site.... with inf and arty! All is fine But what we all hating is the freaking Emplacement spamm!!! Me and tiger and alot other ppl fought inf doc, once you kill a Emplacement there will be no second then there is another one... They build and spamm faster even if it is no logic.. then re..! We just had a game versus 2 inf doc. now think of? we was happy killing this freaking 50 cal. and the at gun Emplacement what happened to the next? IT IS THERE AGAIN! we tryed hardly using any Kind of arty to kill them with no success.... there was again a Emplacement and again and again until the whole map was 50. cal and at Emplacement spammed so we had to give up and all our arty pieces got shred by another arty... What we all wish and i guess many would agree to me, Emplacement cost increase. So atleast the Emplacement spamm is a bit reduced.... That is freakin impossible to kill!
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What doctrines did you have against double infantry?
Also saying tha Infantry doc is just 2nd RE doc... Are you serious? RE mainly tank doctrine, having access to widest array of tanks from all CW, they have emplacements that can be cheaper and sturdier via u locks, except for 95mm Churchill no arty to speak of and infantry is way worse than what Inf doc can field.
Infantry doc has access to basic tanks only + Jumbo 75mm. They have emplacements that mostly need unlocks, mortar was nerfed, AT gun is 76mm which was also nerfed against heavy tanks, they have 105mm arty guns +arty sherman and VT and infantry which got some buffs lately too.
So no, RE is definately not same as Inf. Also if emplacements are such annoyance, why didn't you mention WH Def? They have MG nests, AT gun nests, flak nests, 88s, bunkers, pantherthurm and also the chance to fortify them via unlock... Or are emplacements "ridiculously cheap and effective" only for allies?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You seem to not understand that allis emplacments are rather "siege tools" and not "comeback" tools usually. So it happend (even to me) that inf doc players that didnt use emplacments as back up got blown away in a single mixed attack of infantry and Panther (not blobbng for sure).

I would even say that the majority plays without emplacments and saving res. But Thing is that US inf doc has no use of tons of res in reserve. The best simply is to spend everything above 600-800 MP storage into something, that includes emplacments.

I do myself (i guess its because of me that more use emplacments) use them. I dont risk anymore to enter the axis base without decent back up. Whenever i or others did then it happend that a single attack of the final Panther and inf squads with last rocket arty salvo turned an entire game. The inf and tank reppelled the inf doc inf force (doesnt matter how many) and the Panther and inf chased the enemie inf back to spawn, killing every inf doc squad. Doing a comeback then against a panther and inf as inf doc, starting from zero is almost impossible as inf doc cant simply "go to Panther and kill it". That means Inf (and allied or US most of the time) is all about preventation and being prepared before doing the last attack. If you are not prepared as inf doc, you lose against a single Panther and two inf squads.

So i do rather start a bleedout before i enter the axis base. Ive seen really fancy stuff like 10 ranger squads and two Jumbo trying to finish axis off in their base but then a final Panther and last inf reserves killed them all and allied lost the game as they had no back up.

So inf doc is all about 2 or 3 things:

1. Increase army size: Dont store more MP than 600-800 MP. You cant get a "super unit". So you increase the size till maximum (ive got up to 350 popcap already).
2. Preventation: If you lose as inf doc ground to axis late game tanks and inf, then its crazy hard to get it back. So you try not to let it happen-> You defend every meter as hard as you can, put paks and Hidden TD´s everywhere. Because attacking a ground that is defended by Axis armor as inf doc is much harder as to overrun some emplacments with a mix of stormtoopers and AA tank.
3. (support. You spend your res into something. If you cant do anything more for your own, look what mates need (medic truck, defense, paks)

I feel "guility" a bit as i think i am responsible for that like i did with 88 spam. But thing is, nobody played inf doc well. Not even sukin when i watched his first inf doc streams. Nobody really used supply yard in combination with a permanently army size increase that includes emplacments. I started using the 107 in numbers showing all players the 107 VT for captain as alternative arty support.

But i also feel happy. It simply proves that the way i analysed the role of infantry doctrine correctly and how it is being played most effectively. Long time ago inf doc was all about arty. It was always two arty shermans and howis. Then it was all about jumbos. Then nobody knew how to play inf doc and i came up with that "endless large army", MP reserve limit and "bleedout tactic" which did include emplacment when holding the ammo points untill axis wasted all ammo for arty. The logic was: "I check the map, i see that axis ammo income is not higher than x ammo per min. My current MP income allows to get more emplacments per min as my enemie can fire arty" For example 300 MP income vs 38 ammo income= bleedout possible.

And now... the savest and most successfull way to play inf doc should get nerfed? Honestly, if inf doc feels too strong then i would rather remove jumbo sherman, 105 sherman, increasing inf cost after mass prod and what else. But inf doc simply is more or less all about infantry, hard defending (because you can hardly take ground back in late game against axis armor) of taken ground, defending every square meter which simply includes dirty "trench and emplacment fights" and arty support as offensive support. If you lose ground as inf doc in late game then its bloody to get it back. If you lost map controle in early-mid game already, then you are really fucked in teamfights, even when using emplacments.

I dont see the empacments as such a problem but rather the low infantry cost in late game. But nobody wants to make rangers expensive elites. If they would be expensive but elite, then the doc wouldnt have so many res for emplacments anymore or at least they couldnt get both: ranger spam+ emplacment spam. But also inf doc would not rely so much on "bleedouts" to win.

But as i said.... few months ago nobody used emplacments and such "army size increase" and bleedout tactics. in fact 90% didnt use supply yard and less played with masses. Most played "nicely" with tatic etc (kwok for example recently) but that way you will just fail once axis get mixed armored inf force. Playing nicely vs axis is often suicide and so you just need to use "dirty" things if you want to call it that way (air raids, off map arty, emplacments). There is no space for "nicely playing".

So i showed that to all inf doc players, HF9 clan, sukin few months ago, illa, butter.... just to everybody. Now they learned and do use the mixed forces of emplacments and infantry (but therefore by far less arty than in old times). So that aggressive emplacment playing -pushing forward like an ancient phalanx- replaced the huge arty use and people complain again.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

As i said, just like re but "WITH INF AND ARTY" as i wrote above, Many ppl do want to nerf inf doc just like Terence.Anyways... War i knew you would Pop up and writting all this and this is no offense but, what you do vs 2 inf? half map covered with Emplacement and arty and the other guy only for real only use blobs ?! wich in late game almost impossible to kill since arty cover their ass allday. There was like 5-7 Emplacement on the best Points, once we killed them as said THERE was no second! until there was new ones, it is like when using stuka, 112/110ammo i do not know much i not so most wh Player.. It got even duplicated if you killed one Emplacement there was right after like one mg Emplacement die there was nexttime 2 of it, and to be honest... All german arty is freaking expensive, i dont really know much about wh the only pe one i know is hotchkiss wich deal great dmg to Emplacement but so i am forced to go th vs a inf doc? making the luft 88 just for call in Barrage by fallis is useless since 88 mostly are the Victor target of any arty then...So for real, maybe just a few People like inf doc because that is the only doc then can Play!. Illa is a wierd guy anyways, want us to leave allways when i join with tiger in his host just as yesterday, but yea. I would not listen to These People.. I do not say Emplacements are op but the rather and Speed how they built it and if there are ppl use just a few ranger and tons of Emplacement and arty Your already a bitly fucked, but if then there are 2 inf doc, one concentrated only on Emplacement and arty and the other one only on inf, it is already a half Camping map..
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Panzer-Lehr-Division

MarKr wrote:What doctrines did you have against double infantry?
Also saying tha Infantry doc is just 2nd RE doc... Are you serious? RE mainly tank doctrine, having access to widest array of tanks from all CW, they have emplacements that can be cheaper and sturdier via u locks, except for 95mm Churchill no arty to speak of and infantry is way worse than what Inf doc can field.
Infantry doc has access to basic tanks only + Jumbo 75mm. They have emplacements that mostly need unlocks, mortar was nerfed, AT gun is 76mm which was also nerfed against heavy tanks, they have 105mm arty guns +arty sherman and VT and infantry which got some buffs lately too.
So no, RE is definately not same as Inf. Also if emplacements are such annoyance, why didn't you mention WH Def? They have MG nests, AT gun nests, flak nests, 88s, bunkers, pantherthurm and also the chance to fortify them via unlock... Or are emplacements "ridiculously cheap and effective" only for allies?

Markr Depends, i mean there are really no defensive Player in pvp... mostly in skirmish i to be honest seen only 3-4 def Players in this year... Plus allies has better arty then Germans i mean cheaper... cmon axis have strong ones i know but wasting always 110/75/40 ammo for a Emplacement wich has maybe luck to survive and if it dies instantly come up again? Def doc atleast take it time to rebuild... And dies very very fast to call in arty.. Axis also Need ammo for dif stuff Thing off we make only inf with no Upgrades or tanks with no Upgrades just to use only late for arty to use on Emplacement wich are build up five seconds again..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Luft doc is helpless against inf as I mentioned several times before (if opponents have equal skill), no way to deal with emplacements, no opportunity to counter arty + in late game Luft inf sucks.

SE, here no problems actually, 210mm Nebel or Hummel will beat the shit out of any emplacement + sector arty will prevent any attempts to rush with blob + you will keep your ammo storage high due to trade ability. Also I usually have panzergrens with G43, storm grens with Stg + mg and SS squad with double mg42, that's enough for fight off rifle/ranger blobs usually, big advantage that this inf is cheaper and faster in reinforcement that Luft units + boobys + fire nades, that's why I'll prefer them anyday to Luft paratroopers.

TH is overall a bad doc, but against inf it might work, because pz4's are really brutal after all tree upgrades and vet.3 commander inside, they will bounce 80% of zooks, I used to get succes several times by rushing inf doc with Jagdpanther + 2 pz4 (panther bouncing 76 shells and killing paks, panzers all the rest). Hotchkiss can do high damage to emplacements, but it's soooooo inaccurate without vet lvl, moreover 4 rockets barrage it's kinda not much...

Krieger Blitzer

I completely agree with Sukin and Panzer as they actually just repeated what Terence said before which was 100% correct.. we were Blitz and Luft docs vs double Inf doc players, and they were not any expert even! We lacked good arty while they had such a magical kind of capability in establishing their emplacements in absolutely NO TIME like also if they all costed NOTHING being for free... I had an attack with my Storms combined with a Tiger tank as well as in the support of 2 Maultiers when I killed 3 emplacements (Yes; I am not saying the emplacements are too tough to kill) but the problem then after it was that I had to do some repairs and to reinforce my squads, I mean I had to retreat for a bit.. meanwhile during this short time... Surprisingly I found out that the 3 emplacements of which I just destroyed were all built AGAIN by the same player!!! :D This is no fun, no logic and total silly. The Inf doc is the most played US doc for now...
If the Def doc is same though that is something I highly doubt to be honest.. then plz nerf both!!

Note:-
ACTUALLY WE WERE THE WINNERS OBVIOUSLY AT THE EARLY STAGE OF THE GAME, BUT THEN THEY PUSHED US BACK ON THE LATE STAGE OF THE GAME IN SUCH A GREAT COME BACK WHILE OUTNUMBERING US HAVING MUCH MORE INF, MUCH MORE ARTY AND EVEN MUCH MORE EMPLACEMENTS TOO... :P

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Luft doc is helpless against inf as I mentioned several times before (if opponents have equal skill), no way to deal with emplacements, no opportunity to counter arty + in late game Luft inf sucks.

SE, here no problems actually, 210mm Nebel or Hummel will beat the shit out of any emplacement + sector arty will prevent any attempts to rush with blob + you will keep your ammo storage high due to trade ability. Also I usually have panzergrens with G43, storm grens with Stg + mg and SS squad with double mg42, that's enough for fight off rifle/ranger blobs usually, big advantage that this inf is cheaper and faster in reinforcement that Luft units + boobys + fire nades, that's why I'll prefer them anyday to Luft paratroopers.

TH is overall a bad doc, but against inf it might work, because pz4's are really brutal after all tree upgrades and vet.3 commander inside, they will bounce 80% of zooks, I used to get succes several times by rushing inf doc with Jagdpanther + 2 pz4 (panther bouncing 76 shells and killing paks, panzers all the rest). Hotchkiss can do high damage to emplacements, but it's soooooo inaccurate without vet lvl, moreover 4 rockets barrage it's kinda not much...

5+ Sukin said my words out of my mouth;) I can deal with luft vs the inf very easy, but it can do nothing against Emplacement spamm! and also it should not be it can be spammy But cmon not the whole map covered.. and if you guys not like the idea to increase it costs, then make a max build order to 3 for at and 4 for 50 cal?

Krieger Blitzer

I would say that ALL the emplacement prices should be simply re-checked, they have to cost more... Specifically since that they are constructed and also repaired in no time!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

That might be a problem in some games, but.... actually you have to make your doctrines choice based on what your opponents have, luft + bk against double inf will sink in emplacements spam for sure, because doc have no strong arty. But hey, it will be exactly the same if as alies Armor + Raf you will face Luft + Def with lots of 88s, different fortifications and uncountarable arty. So just have an reliable doc combo, than you will not face such problems.

I mean its not intended that you should be able to counter all docs with your own single one, of course you can suffer because of emplacements playing bk or luft.
Last edited by Sukin-kot (SVT) on 19 Sep 2015, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:That might be a problem in some games, but.... actually you have to make your doctrines choice based on what your opponents have, luft + bk against double inf will sink in emplacements spam for sure, because doc have no strong arty. But hey, it will be exactly the same if as alies Armor + Raf you will face Luft + Def with lots of 88s, different fortifications and uncountarable arty. So just have an reliable doc combo, than you will not face such problems.

We know, But also we knew the enemys how they Play so i tough he goes, inf blobbing again thats why i were instant luft.. he always blobbed ^^ But then they pulled off some different shit :roll:

Krieger Blitzer

Yes, it was actually a mistake to pick up Blitz and Luft docs vs double Inf doc... Yet I think that the Maultiers barrage price should be really lowered!

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Yes it should indeed, it cost even more to firing then 210 mm .. it has less precision and half of medium damage..

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As i said, just like re but "WITH INF AND ARTY"
I'd say it is more like "Like RE but with infantry and arty but with worse emplacements and without any strong tanks (maybe exept for Jumbo)". The part about tanks should not be neglected.

Plus allies has better arty then Germans i mean cheaper... cmon axis have strong ones i know but wasting always 110/75/40 ammo for a Emplacement wich has maybe luck to survive and if it dies instantly come up again?
Ever tried the WH Terror (PE any doc) and their Mortar HT with flame shot? It burns out emplacement crew and keeps burning for some time, Terror also has flame salvo for its Walking Stuka. If you need to make a hole in an emplacement wall, why not go for these?
And once again the "useless" mortar teams - they have smoke barrage, quite usefull too.

And once again, play on bigger maps - if this was 2vs2 then play it on 3vs3 or 4vs4 - these maps are bigger and it is not that easy to cover the whole map in emplacements - it is much more resource-demanding and therefore an emplacement wall is thinner. In case the opponent still manages to build several walls then problem is elsewhere I guess.

We know, But also we knew the enemys how they Play so i tough he goes, inf blobbing again thats why i were instant luft.. he always blobbed ^^ But then they pulled off some different shit :roll:
Aaaand this sounds more like you thought you knew what tactic they will use but in the end they used another one which led to you losing the game. In such a case you must admit tha badly chosen tactic is hardly problem of mod balance.

Krieger Blitzer

All what we are asking at the end anyways is to just reduce the barrage price of Maultiers to 75 or 65 even.. and on the other hand to achieve the point number 2 for the Armor doc as well, as they are not really in need for the Jumbo so early anymore... They are just in need of the Calli much more!

Only then; u could keep the emplacements as they are without any nerfs.
I am pretty sure that such slight changes would help regarding this subject :)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

MarKr wrote:
As i said, just like re but "WITH INF AND ARTY"
I'd say it is more like "Like RE but with infantry and arty but with worse emplacements and without any strong tanks (maybe exept for Jumbo)". The part about tanks should not be neglected.

Plus allies has better arty then Germans i mean cheaper... cmon axis have strong ones i know but wasting always 110/75/40 ammo for a Emplacement wich has maybe luck to survive and if it dies instantly come up again?
Ever tried the WH Terror (PE any doc) and their Mortar HT with flame shot? It burns out emplacement crew and keeps burning for some time, Terror also has flame salvo for its Walking Stuka. If you need to make a hole in an emplacement wall, why not go for these?
And once again the "useless" mortar teams - they have smoke barrage, quite usefull too.

And once again, play on bigger maps - if this was 2vs2 then play it on 3vs3 or 4vs4 - these maps are bigger and it is not that easy to cover the whole map in emplacements - it is much more resource-demanding and therefore an emplacement wall is thinner. In case the opponent still manages to build several walls then problem is elsewhere I guess.

Aaaand this sounds more like you thought you knew what tactic they will use but in the end they used another one which led to you losing the game. In such a case you must admit tha badly chosen tactic is hardly problem of mod balance.

So i am forced Play big maps? because inf doc? and res? No, ever tough off call in arty? upon mortar hts? or stuka? wich mostly 1 Shell kill them? ranger spamm? zook spamm? whats with all this... a mortar not survive without vet at start, in late/medium game and as said how should we get any ammo when as said they has empalcement on every good Point? and not just 1,mostly 4-5 Emplacement on one sector? also the at outrange the ht mortar:)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:As i said, just like re but "WITH INF AND ARTY" as i wrote above, Many ppl do want to nerf inf doc just like Terence.Anyways... War i knew you would Pop up and writting all this and this is no offense but, what you do vs 2 inf? half map covered with Emplacement and arty and the other guy only for real only use blobs ?! wich in late game almost impossible to kill since arty cover their ass allday. There was like 5-7 Emplacement on the best Points, once we killed them as said THERE was no second! until there was new ones, it is like when using stuka, 112/110ammo i do not know much i not so most wh Player.. It got even duplicated if you killed one Emplacement there was right after like one mg Emplacement die there was nexttime 2 of it, and to be honest... All german arty is freaking expensive, i dont really know much about wh the only pe one i know is hotchkiss wich deal great dmg to Emplacement but so i am forced to go th vs a inf doc? making the luft 88 just for call in Barrage by fallis is useless since 88 mostly are the Victor target of any arty then...So for real, maybe just a few People like inf doc because that is the only doc then can Play!. Illa is a wierd guy anyways, want us to leave allways when i join with tiger in his host just as yesterday, but yea. I would not listen to These People.. I do not say Emplacements are op but the rather and Speed how they built it and if there are ppl use just a few ranger and tons of Emplacement and arty Your already a bitly fucked, but if then there are 2 inf doc, one concentrated only on Emplacement and arty and the other one only on inf, it is already a half Camping map..

i did play such a game. I almost lost and my enemies used lots of jumbos and massive rangers, the second spammed emplacments. I won at the end. My Panther and AA tank did smash all their attacks. All their jumbos and rangers couldnt so much. i had to wait a while and protected the important area with my tanks. After a while ive got my leig 18 and used it in direct fire against emplacments (really good) but also against these blobbs. When ive got my storms it was all over for them. I used the off map mortar against the AT gun emplacments and rushed the MG emplacments with AA tank and inf. Tanks do provide cover bonuses to nearby inf.

Also a nice tool is the stug III or Tank IV D as BK doc. Unless enemies get any bigger armor you can smash everything with it. And i dont use stuhs, not even against emplacments. But Elite inf with leader bonus and nearby tanks like tank Iv or ostwind works awesome against emplacments.

I did overrun three US Mg emplacments with two vet 3 storms. All i had to use was the assault ability that removes suppression and throws lots of nades.

To be honest the best allied combo in 2 vs 2 is in my opinion inf+Armor or even inf+RE. Double inf is strong in holding ground, but once they lost some ground when you got Panther tanks, its freaking hard for inf doc to get back to the game. So as i said: Inf doc must defend every square meter as hard as it can. And often those aggressive emplacment spammer run low on res (maybe arround 300 in storage).

Ive been playing a 3 vs 3 game against double inf and my teammate was 10 or 15 mins afk (actually till the end of the game) but panther and storm squad could stand everything untill i prepared my assault.

Going against emplacment means also being aggressive. When your opponent goes for such emplacment spam, then dont waste a single MP for your own defense. Keep pushing with all you have, storms AA tanks and even schreck squads. But many also do the mistake as axis to build paks and stuff just because they do belive the enemie will also attack in large numbers and tanks while spamming emplacments at the same time. But thats not true. They might get out some ranger and rifles but when you have taken out their AT gun, then you can go push through all that inf and emplacments with Tanks and inf (but dont use single mega expensive tanks and instead more with HE rounds).

so yeah, get the pak down (most likely with leader squad off map) and then dont use arty. Rush in with Tanks that have HE rounds and stg/schreck inf. Combined they kill all inf very fast and HE rounds decrewing emplacments quickly in a burst or 2 shots. Schrecks also deal great damage to them.

And the more often you repeat such assaults, the higher veted gets your inf. Once you reached vet 3 and ignoring suppression, its not hard to get into nade range or rush down their AT guns.

And no.... Alli arty cost more than axis one. Doesnt matter which you compare. The cost efficency ratio is usually on axis side. Also their arty has more range. Only RA can fire over the same distance. Axis have a lot more VT´s which also have a lot more activation range. Def doc officer VT has 100 range and activates all 88´s and grille makes 6 shots.

SE VT can be the strongest in that game. I once got all 4 spgs just for fun and used VT. It was.... nothing surives there.

Allis usually need CP unlocks or FHQ´s for arty. Only arty doc gets arty for 0 cp that can damage emplacments. Calli jeep cant do shit against emplacments.

So axis have earlier (lots of 0 CP arty), cheaper arty (nebler), bigger arty (210 nebler, walking stuka, 150 mm hummel/grille), more VT´s (in 4 docs) which are also stronger and better (def and SE), more flexibel arty (all docs have mobile arty, even mechanized usually). Allied have to unlock each mobile effective arty (except RAF cromwell atm).

But another question? Ever played vs double def doc at alsace moselle? Ever played vs def+Luft/SE at duclair? This is what is really nasty. Small map and then strong emplacments+ sd2 cover belt.

Ever faced tripple def doc at Road to cherbourgh? Ever played vs 2 or 3 terror docs in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 that have like 3-4 stukas and neblers?
Ever played vs def+ SE doc at autry and High Res against good axis guys which defend smart with soft pushing?

Lehr, really. Dont use too much arty against emplacments. Also axis def doc gets emplacments up quickly and later they can surive long tom strikes.

Dont damage emplacments, kill them in one assault. Combine your rocket launcher strike with an mixed assault of inf and Tanks with HE rounds and take them out all at once. Dont be too soft and rely only on arty. Launch the attack while your rockets are still hitting the target. Many axis players dont do so as they are to scary too attack until their beloved rocket arty killed everything.

The only doc that used to have trouble is luft doc later in the game. But just as luft doc struggles against such stuff, Armor doc struggles the same way.

But all other docs dont have many probs with emplacment. Most have enough arty and good cheap inf. BK doc gets cheap tanks with HE rounds + elites. One well placed strike on AT weapon and you can overrun everything at once with storms and HE tanks.

Terror can do mulitiple use of neblers and have good grens. Support it with officer and suppression of emplacments isnt a big issue.

Hotchkiss is good vs emplacments. Everyhting else that comes from typicall allied emplacment spam docs can be overruned with tanks the way sukin mentioned. I used to have at least two hotchkiss shooting together. With vet they can do well against emplacments.

But when Luft becomes able to deal with stuff more by its own, then pls do the same for the armor doc.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 19 Sep 2015, 15:36, edited 4 times in total.