Light Mg34 vs Light Mg42

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
BIGBOSSvs

Light Mg34 vs Light Mg42

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Good day, can anyone tell the difference between Mg34 (Special Troops in BK doc. and Folks) and Mg42 (Grenadiers) ? What is better ?

Warhawks97

Re: Light Mg34 vs Light Mg42

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:Good day, can anyone tell the difference between Mg34 (Special Troops in BK doc. and Folks) and Mg42 (Grenadiers) ? What is better ?

depends and honestly idk which one i should prefer. When enemies sprint towards your units then the Mg42 is my favorit. It fires 25 rounds in a second and doing two 1 second long bursts before reload.

Also MG42 has higher bullet damage (dont ask me why).

The LMG34 fires 15 rounds per second and makes two 1,67 seconds long bursts and thus also reloads after two bursts.

So yeah. The damage and rof is in MG42´s favor so its generally more deadly.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

So, If infantry have Mg42, may be Special Troops should have them too. Its is logical : better forses - better weapon. May be developers should give Troops Mg42 too ?

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

There is not a single Axis Elite Force in BK that has no MG42. So about which troops are you talking exactly?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

They fire same number of bullets per burst, MG42 has more damage so if Gebirgsjägers get it, their killing power will be even higher. There's no balance problem with it so no need to change it.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Butterkeks wrote:There is not a single Axis Elite Force in BK that has no MG42. So about which troops are you talking exactly?

About Image

MarKr wrote:They fire same number of bullets per burst, MG42 has more damage so if Gebirgsjägers get it, their killing power will be even higher. There's no balance problem with it so no need to change it.

That is the difference (in numbers) between light MG42 and light MG34 ?

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

BIGBOSSvs wrote: Butterkeks wrote:
There is not a single Axis Elite Force in BK that has no MG42. So about which troops are you talking exactly?

About Image

That's a stormtrooper squad and they have an MG42 iirc.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:That is the difference (in numbers) between light MG42 and light MG34 ?
Warhawk gave you some numbers...also what does it matter? I mean, does it seem to you that Gebirgs/Stormtroopers underperform? I don't think they are anyhow weak with the weapon so why should it be changed? "Because it would make more sense." is not a reason for a change that would most likely give more killing power (even if only a little bit) to units that already perform well.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Historically axis elite units that may got cut from supply routes for a while and travling larger distances mainly used the LMG34. Because having an LMG34 needs by far less rounds and barrels to be carried while the rof was more than enough to kill effectively.

As for storms you should know that they can soak lots of damage, having great abilities and flexibility and leader squad. They get stgs (that shreds very well up to a range of 35) and their basic K98 values are also better as those of normal Grens iirc (higher accuracy).

The Gebirgs have simply the insane G43 which all are scoped. The G43 has very good rof at every range (unlike M1), has an accuracy better as those of K98 due to scopes (best rifle accuracy so far), short reload time and 10 rounds before reload. The Damage of G43 is also insane high:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=619

If you want it more exact i can give you lmg34 and lmg42 values as well. But reload, accuracy, cooldown is the same so far. Both make 25 rounds burst and two bursts before reload. The LMG42 has a way higher bullet damage. Both are extremly deadly weapons. And when you have a squad like storms with stg and lmg then no enemie squad will live longer than a few seconds when those get closer than 35 range. K98+lmg 34/42 will shred on distance which means that even volks are extremly deadly till late game when being used for ranged firesupport.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Warhawks97 wrote:If you want it more exact i can give you lmg34 and lmg42 values as well.

I'm waiting. And some kind of BK MOD WIKI with all numbers of all will be good.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

LMG 34:

Accuracy. Short/Mid/Long/Distant: 0.65/0.35/0.15/0.1

Aim time: 0.25
Aim Time Muliplier from short to distant range: 0.1/1/2/2

Burst Duration: 1.67 seconds
Rate of fire: 15 rounds per second

Cooldown Min/Max: 3/3.5 seconds
Cooldown Multiplier from short to distant: 0.6/1/1.2/1.2 (delay between bursts increases the farther the enemie is)

Damage (per bullet): 16-20

Reload Min/Max: 6/6.5 seconds
Reload muliplier from close to mid range: 1.25/1.15/1/1 (The closer the enemie, the longer the reload)
Frequency: 1 (after two bursts)

Suppression (per bullet) from close to distant range: 0.006/0.003/0.002/0.0015
Target suppressed mulipliers (suppression, accuracy, damage, penetration): 1 (normal stats apply)
Target pinned mulipliers: damage/accuracy: 0.25
Suppression: 0.1 (but squad is already pinned)

LMG 42:

Accuracy. Short/Mid/Long/Distant: 0.65/0.35/0.15/0.1

Aim time: 0.25
Aim Time Muliplier from short to distant range: 0.1/1/2/2

Burst Duration: 1 seconds
Rate of fire: 25 rounds per second

Cooldown Min/Max: 3/3.5 seconds
Cooldown Multiplier from short to distant: 0.6/1/1.2/1.2 (delay between bursts increases the farther the enemie is)

Damage (per bullet): 17-22

Reload Min/Max: 6/6.5 seconds
Reload muliplier from close to mid range: 1.25/1.15/1/1 (The closer the enemie, the longer the reload)
Frequency: 1 (after two bursts)

Suppression (per bullet) from close to distant range: 0.006/0.003/0.002/0.0015
Target suppressed mulipliers (suppression, accuracy, damage, penetration): 1 (normal stats apply)
Target pinned mulipliers: damage/accuracy: 0.25
Suppression: 0.1 (but squad is already pinned)

A list for everything is a giant work. You would need a list of all weapons with their accuracy/rof/pen etc etc. Then you would have to add the efficency against each target which are called target table. Alone infantry uses like 5 Target tables and every weapon has different penalties against them (accuracy, damage, accuracy while moving etc etc). So for the LMG´s i would also add at least these 5 TT´s. Against armor type "Infantry_Airborne" most weapons have 0.75 accuracy when AB inf is moving. Then the penalties against units in heavy cover, houses, bunkers, light cover, smoke etc. Here most weapons of same class suffer same penalties.

The you would go ahead and the TT´s would be huge work for the guns which have certain strenght against certain armor (pen, accuracy etc).

Then a list of all units coz some units have also their own modifiers. For example reduced received accuracy or decreased received penetration. Here bonus armor can be added (e.g Panther G compared to other Panthers or Tank IV H/J). Another sample is the PE JP IV/70. It has its own target table against which pretty much all weapons have 0.75 accuracy penaltie. But then the unit itself has a further modifier that decreases incoming accuracy.

The lost would be...... endless long with all values. Then upgrades can add something to units. Many different stationary modes..... The veterancy ranks......And at the end most wouldnt understand what certain values to mean.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Thanks for the numbers of LMG's. About list for everything, for me will be enough inf. like in your answer.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:Thanks for the numbers of LMG's. About list for everything, for me will be enough inf. like in your answer.

that means every single soldier and its armor type, abilties and HP. Vets and so on. The weapons they use and which they can upgrade. And then which enemie weapon has which penalties against that type of "armor type". I made a list for rifles already, tank guns and idk what else. Maybe i can do one for MPi´s and STG´s as well. I will see. That would contain stg44, mp40, grease, sten, thompson and maybe also the fg42.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Warhawks97 wrote: I made a list for rifles already, tank guns and idk what else. Maybe i can do one for MPi´s and STG´s as well. I will see. That would contain stg44, mp40, grease, sten, thompson and maybe also the fg42.

U should post it somwere here. I'll be wery usefull.