Black tiger ace

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
xxxLORDxxx

Black tiger ace

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

Hello to all fans and developers of this great mod Blitzkrieg.
I have a small request (demand). How can I get in the game Black Tiger Ace (from single player CoH) his skin. In the tree development or what? What to do, where to download the skin to lose and whereб and is it possible?? Thank you for your response.

Butterkeks

Re: Black tiger ace

Post by Butterkeks »

xxxLORDxxx wrote:Hello to all fans and developers of this great mod Blitzkrieg.
I have a small request (demand). How can I get in the game Black Tiger Ace (from single player CoH) his skin. In the tree development or what? What to do, where to download the skin to lose and whereб and is it possible?? Thank you for your response.

What a short question, what a complicated answer xD

Well first you have to install corsix mod studio, then load the Relic.module with it. Next you have to find the texture (Don't ask me where- I have no idea) and extract it. Now you would have to add it in BK mod.
Therefore you have to extract the BK Tiger textures with Corsix (load the Blitzkrieg.module), copy the black texture into (name exactly as the original texture and overwrite it, there would be another weay but this is way more simple) and then pack it again using Corsix.
THis should work, if not let us know and we'll try to help ;)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

corsix studio I downloaded it and try to understand. Skin I downloaded on the Internet. Do not know what to change in corsix (sry for my english)

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Can you tell me which which format the texture has and what files you downloaded?

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

This I found in other forums:
'In the Mod Studio, after making a new mod, editing the .module file, etc. (detailed in the Grand How To in the tutorial sub-section), go into the attrib folder, then go into ebps/races/axis/vehicles/ and find the Tiger.rgd and Tiger_rebuilt.rgd. Open these up, look in the entity_blueprint_ext, and the animator_bp line, change Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger\Tiger to Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger_Ace\Tiger_Ace

Save the files once your done editing them by clicking the Save button on the bottom right. That should be all you need to do to change your regular Tiger unit to use the Schultz's black Tiger Ace model and skin from the US campaign.'
Last edited by xxxLORDxxx on 13 Aug 2015, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Mh shit I'm at work atm so I can't download it. I'll have a look at it when I get home, this will be in around 3 hours. ;)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

I expect and am grateful for the reply =)

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

xxxLORDxxx wrote:This I found in other forums:
'In the Mod Studio, after making a new mod, editing the .module file, etc. (detailed in the Grand How To in the tutorial sub-section), go into the attrib folder, then go into ebps/races/axis/vehicles/ and find the Tiger.rgd and Tiger_rebuilt.rgd. Open these up, look in the entity_blueprint_ext, and the animator_bp line, change Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger\Tiger to Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger_Ace\Tiger_Ace

Save the files once your done editing them by clicking the Save button on the bottom right. That should be all you need to do to change your regular Tiger unit to use the Schultz's black Tiger Ace model and skin from the US campaign.'

Quite correct actually. As I said, I'll have a look at it once I get home ;)

xxxLORDxxx wrote:I expect and am grateful for the reply =)

No problem ;)
Last edited by Butterkeks on 13 Aug 2015, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

any people who know how change the black tiger ace in the BK mod ? :)

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

xxxLORDxxx wrote:Have problem with load the Blitzkrieg.module,, where they ? how open them ?

open corsix, then click on "Load COH/OF mod", then select the Blitzkrieg.module.

I'm not quite sure as I can't look it up now, but it should be in your CoH main folder.
For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of heroes
or whereever you installed it ;)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

Thanks, understand =)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

what need doing ?
Last edited by xxxLORDxxx on 13 Aug 2015, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Well you posted it yourself :D

xxxLORDxxx wrote:'In the Mod Studio, after making a new mod, editing the .module file, etc. (detailed in the Grand How To in the tutorial sub-section), go into the attrib folder, then go into ebps/races/axis/vehicles/ and find the Tiger.rgd and Tiger_rebuilt.rgd. Open these up, look in the entity_blueprint_ext, and the animator_bp line, change Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger\Tiger to Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger_Ace\Tiger_Ace

Apparently this works, so I guess you will have the Black TIger as a reward unit, so you can change it in the lobby before you start the game ;)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

I tried on such a scheme and did not get anything in the doctrine of Blitzkrieg (Wehrmacht) did not receive black tiger ace =(

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

So doubleclick on "Tiger.rgd, look on the right site for the entity_blueprint_ext, and the animator_bp line and change their value to Races\Axis\Vehicles\Tiger_Ace\Tiger_Ace.

Then you do the same for the Tiger_rebuilt.rgd.

Then click on "save" on the bottom right.

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

''animator_bp line'' don't see this option

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

xxxLORDxxx wrote:I tried on such a scheme and did not get anything in the doctrine of Blitzkrieg (Wehrmacht) did not receive black tiger ace =(

Oh fuck yeah, I forgot that BK changes the "costumize army menu"...

Ok, then try it or the "tiger.rgd" this would change the normal tiger to a black one.
For the Tiger Ace I'm not quite sure which of these is the right.
I'm just very sure that it's not "Tiger_ace_henschel" as this has to be the Kingtiger with Henschel turret.

Maybe just try out for every _ace or you try it out dor the Tiger.rgd, then start a game as BK doc, build a normal tiger and see if it's black.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

xxxLORDxxx wrote:''animator_bp line'' don't see this option

I'll be at home in about one and a half hours, I'll then have a look at it ;)

But this is all I can do from the company computer :P

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

ok, thx, i try doing =)

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

I find some in other forums :
I did it! You need Crosix's Mod Studio 0.4.2 beta (that's how I'll describe the process)

Under the "attributes" folder find "Abilities/Axis_Reinforcements_Ability_Tiger_Ace.rgd"

-from there open that, expand "ability_bag"
-from there expand "action_list"
-under that expand "start_target_actions"
-under that expand "action_01"
-from there click on "squad_table"
-on the right you should see a list of squads and in the "squad_01" slot should be the directory for the regular tiger ace.
-replace that directory with this line "sbps\races\axis\vehicles\tiger_squad_spg_ace.lua"
-start the game and unless you tweaked the ability or the ebps or sbps of the SP Tiger Ace (then you'll have to change some stuff depending) I guarantee you'll have the SP Tiger Ace on the map fully functional

Hope it works for you as it did me!

**edit** I've only tried this with the Tiger Ace ability, not the stormtrooper one, like you guys did.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Hm dunno this sounds like you would change an ability, not the texture.

Well if you don't post that it worked/didn't work I'll give it a try later and post the result.

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

and this :
sorry i left that detail out.

under the SP Tiger Ace's "ebps" file there is a tab called "time_cost". expand that until you see the "cost" tab. you'll see the cost assigned to the unit on the right of the screen. alter the costs by setting everything but manpower to zero. for manpower put it at 980 (that's what I set mine to). and just in case, in the "ebps" file there's also a "population_ext" tab. click that and set it to a population amount (for me I used 5). save it.

the reason the SP Tiger Ace didn't come it is because it seems the game doesn't spawn the desired off-map unit (like the Rangers) if the cost of the squad (like our Tiger Ace) does not match up within about 200 manpower points as defined by the ability.

so hence, if the ability button in-game says the Tiger Ace costs 1000 manpower, make the unit it spawns cost exactly if not close to that amount, like 980 in my mod.

lastly, I'm not using anyone else's mod in my mod, it's just my own tweaking, so if you're using someone else's mod, it might account for the SP Tiger Ace not showing up.

hope that helps.

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

I try to do on this scheme but I have not, knocks errors in storage changes in paragraph
-replace that directory with this line "sbps\races\axis\vehicles\tiger_squad_spg_ace.lua"