Veterancy changes?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
atazs

Veterancy changes?

Post by atazs »

I've been looking for a list of changes to veterancy of each units but couldn't find any.
What i want to know is what bonuses do units gain at each veterancy level? COH wiki lists them for the base game, but i assume they were changed and since you can go up to what, 4 veterancy for vehicles, 5 or 6 for infantry, compared to just 3 in the base game, i'd like to know what bonuses units get, especially after their third veterancy. Health changes, accuracy changes etc...
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

ShadowIchigo

Re: Veterancy changes?

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Yea i would like a list too for each and every unit, hope its not too much to ask. It would be very helpful

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Lol, I summon the WARHAWKS!
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I used crosix and it seems Rifles, Grens, Rangers, and all the other Infantry share the same veterancy system. And it looked kinda like this.

Vet 1 need 8 xp. 5%accuarcy, -5% recived accuarcy, 5% Reload speed?.
Vet 2 need 16 xp had same as above+ nade range.
Vet 3 need 32 xp same stuff + 10%Hp and upgraded sprint (Assault or Fire up).
Vet 4 need 64 xp the same + can't remember.
Vet 5 need 128 xp Would give Heroic armor. 15-25% dmg reduction from most sources, 50% less dmg from snipers. and recive extra dmg from flames

Tiger gets 25% more hp on vet 3

This is all I remember from memory. So please correct if wrong.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Redgaarden wrote:I used crosix and it seems Rifles, Grens, Rangers, and all the other Infantry share the same veterancy system. And it looked kinda like this.

Vet 1 need 8 xp. 5%accuarcy, -5% recived accuarcy, 5% Reload speed?.
Vet 2 need 16 xp had same as above+ nade range.
Vet 3 need 32 xp same stuff + 10%Hp and upgraded sprint (Assault or Fire up).
Vet 4 need 64 xp the same + can't remember.
Vet 5 need 128 xp Would give Heroic armor. 15-25% dmg reduction from most sources, 50% less dmg from snipers. and recive extra dmg from flames

Tiger gets 25% more hp on vet 3

This is all I remember from memory. So please correct if wrong.

well thankyou red so much regardless i, no we, appreciate it :D

and lol @kwok i was thinkin the exact same thing

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I checked rangers and storms.

Vet 1: 8 xp, 5%accuracy, -5% received accuracy, -5% received suppression
vet 2: 16 xp, +6 range nade, +same as vet 1
vet 3: 32xp, 5%accuracy, -6% received accuracy, -6% received suppression, vet 3 sprint (removes suppression), 5%HP
vet 4: 64xp, 5%accuracy, -6% received accuracy, -6% received suppression, "0.011" HP regeneration (1,1% or 0.011 HP per second?), +7% health.
For rangers "Ally sticky vet 2". I think this refers to sticky range increase at vet 2 in vcoh. Look vcoh wiki to see range increase for sticky but i think it was +6 or something.
Also "allied sprint vet 3"replaced with "Airborne fire up ability".

I checked the sprint abilties and it gives some boosts but also negative effects. But vet 3 sprint doesnt remove suppression entirely! It reduces by 25%. But it also do stuff like reducing own accuracy and sight. And at the end of ability the squad is also 25% increased received accuracy and has reduced weapon accuracy which makes me even more thinking about the sense of "get close to your enemie when you have M1 Garand" because when sprint ends you arent really more effective at close range as the K98 rifle etc+ having few men lost already. So pls get rid of that M1 is exclusively close range and make it being a rifle at first place! The superior close range is just a slight bonus while axis get stgs, FG42 and G43 to pretty much all their squads anyway and sometimes for free as well.
The "AB fire up ability" with vet 4 removes suppression entirely for the entire duration.

vet 5: 128xp, 5%accuracy, -6 % received accuracy, -6% received suppression, "HP regeneration: 0.011" , +7% max health, "tp_inf" replaced by Tp_"Heroic". Heroic does a lot of shit and i had to look into all weapons how exactly they suffer vs heroic. I checked the axis HMG42 and allied HMG M1917 and those have only reduced suppression against heroic type by 25%. But also rifles suffer apparently only in suppression against them.

I do NOT give any gurantee that it is correct. I am not really used with it and its first time i was looking for veterancy. But it seems its so far equal except few exceptions. To check everything is an ammount of work. You must find each unit and checking all vet steps and modifiers which are in subfolders of subfolders etc. And there are lots of units in game oO.

i hope this helps at least a bit.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 14 Aug 2015, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Thank you war

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

What about offensive and defensive bonus of AT gun? I noticed that AT Guns sometimes can also BE GIVEN AN UPGRADE OF Offensive Bonus and Defensive bonus. I MEAN YOU CAN GIVE THE UPGRADE BY CLICKING ON THE AT GUN AND SELECTING THE UPGRADE.

Offensive bonus gives them more attack speed and accuracy and defensive I think was more defense and durability not sure bout defensive one tho.

You can give them these bonuses 3 times only after a period of time, could be 2 of offensive and 1 of defensive or in any order.

So what are the stats for those?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

you talk about vcoh defensive and offensive vet upgrades of PE right? In vcoh PE doesnt have AT guns (only 88). In vcoh the offensive upgrades give usually rof/reload buff, pen buff, accuracy and stuff like that. Defensive reduces taken damage, speed (vehicles and tanks), HP/heal etc.

i dont know if i will find any vcoh PE vets regarding AT guns. I will try to find something.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

yes vcoh

the name was Weapons Crew and it wasn't from PE.. was from Werch. It looked like 88 but name was weapons crew.

I know it seems weird asking questions about vcoh in a completely different forum but well at least it's related and a good head start for me.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

McCracker42o wrote:yes vcoh

the name was Weapons Crew and it wasn't from PE.. was from Werch. It looked like 88 but name was weapons crew.

I know it seems weird asking questions about vcoh in a completely different forum but well at least it's related and a good head start for me.

http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/C ... eroes_Wiki

here you can find some stuff as well. But a few things (like for example WE reduced received acuracy while moving for paks and mortar isnt really up to date anymore afaik)

So you asking about the 88´s from PE or?

As for WE the veterancy there isnt really veterancy but rather upgrades (at least for tanks and vehicles). Tanks get actually armor buff and skirts etc.

What i like really on vcoh is that there isnt this unecessary quantity and also not uncessary quality. Rifles can deal well with pretty much every axis inf. Their veteracny is one of the best in game (just PE can be more dangerous with vets actually) and their weapons arent more crapy as neccessary. As for tanks shermans and Tank IV´s are pretty much equal and the vet decides who wins and both have about the same cost. Such things are cool in vcoh and which makes me enjoying it as well.

I gotta check the 88´s.

Its bit problematic here maybe because weapon crews are neither only inf nor pure infantry. Right now i found the veterancy which is probably regarding to the crew but not to the weapon. So idk if the received damage reduction and health bost is for the crew, the weapon or both.

Vet 1 WE 88 (crew): -15% received damage
Vet 2 WE 88 (crew): +15% health
vet 3 WE 88 (crew): -25% received penetration (seems it affects the weapon itself here)

I have to figure out how PE vet works in vcoh with that offensive/defense upgrade.

The problem here is that lets say a single offense upgrade gives +15% penetration (theory). Giving a second again + 15% and so 30% in total but when you add a third one it doesnt adds up to +45% in total but instead +48%. So PE vet in voch is veeery complex. Maybe the wiki helps explaining oO

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I checked arround vets on some tanks. For tanks vets seem to be so far equal (i checked some US and axis tanks). It usually gives accuracy boost (10% per lvl) and reduces reload time (5% in first, 10% in each other). Also -25% taken damage at vet 4.

Vehicles are different. US seem to get speed with vet 1 (25%). M16 gets more damage and accurate (25% accuracy vet 2, 25% damage vet 3). Greyhound pen increase and damage. Axis 234 gets has reduced taken damage at vet 1, sight boost at vet 2 and damage increase (30%) at vet 3.

But now..... The Walking stuka. It gets massive boosts. At vet 3 its gets -25% received damage! Also reduces recharge (-10%) and scatter. At vet 2 it gets healt boost (and recharge/scatter reduction) and at vet 3 received penetration is reduced by 25% (and again scatter/recharge).

If i wouldnt know it better the vehicle vets are taken from vcoh. I mean stuff like pen increase and damage increase is vcoh style.

I would also fix the walking stuka vets. Instead of accuracy increase (how to do it with rocket arty?) and HP boost it should maybe get speed boost and simply shorter recharge. Rocket arty shouldnt get more accurate by vet in my opinion. Edit: funny... allied rocket arty has no reduced scatter. Increased weapon accuracy but that refers to main gun (which cant be used anyway?). Edit II: Calli jeep has increased accuracy at vet 2 by 25%. But it has no "main weapon" and arty accuracy is increased by reduced scatter or am i wrong? So vet two on calli jeep has 0 affect on it?
Also why has calli jeep no reduced recharge like other arty? It seems that calli rocket jeep has simply got the normal jeep vets. Can anyone fix that?

Would be cool if vehicle vets would be different. Like reduced reload time, accuracy and such things. But pen and damage increase coz of vet? idk.

It also seems that infantry has greatest advantage of vets. I mean those can literally start overruning everything gaining vets with hit and run and hard to kill entirely.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Wow. deep explanation, thanks lots war. I have read that and will read it more. I'll try to take pic of that weapons crew upgrade when i see it again. I think I need to hit a certain amount of kills b4 enabling the upgrade options, then it disables and then re enables after a few more kills

thanks again :D

and No, it isn't from Panzer elite " PE " It's from Werch or as u say WE.

EDIT: One more thing to add If it can help you, this 88 was located in a CUSTOM MAP. 3 of them only, I have NEVER seen it in any of relic maps, just noticed this out of the 90 custom maps.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

I couldn't screenshot coz they weren't getting saved, so anyways I wrote it down

Offensive Bonus 1 Give this squad an offensive veternacy bonus, improving weapon accuracy and rate of fire.

Defensive Bonus 1: Give this squad a defensive veterancy bonus, improving survivability and speed.

The weapons Crew earned this upgrade option after 6 infantry kills 7 light vehicle kills and 1 tank and 1 building kill.

So I got another question, In the kampkharat center of WE when you gain veterancy one part is empowering the AT guns, so does THAT kampkharat veterancy bonus AND this one both apply to the WEAPONS CREW aka AT gun. ? or just one of them?
Last edited by McCracker42o on 15 Aug 2015, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

You're alking about vCoH so use the link Warhawks provided to the CoH wiki - find each unit you are interested in and it will show you what veterancy bonuses it gets at each vet level.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

So in this forum peeps will only respond if it is BK related? (sighs)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I haven't said that but you are asking about vCoH veterancy bonuses. So why do you keep asking when you can easily look it up at the CoH wiki? You just click on the faction (US/CW/WH/PE) and there is a list of units available to the faction. Click on the unit and its veterancy bonuses are in its describtion. Even for PE it shows what veterancy bonuses are provided with each vet level and also a table is attached where it tells you what bonuses you get by combining specific offensive/defensive bonuses.

Or what else do you want? Nobody will go there, look it up, copy it and post it here for you, especially when it is so easily accessable information.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Why do you even asking about vanilla coh stats on BK forum?:D

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well... this section is called "General COH1/ BKMOD1" so technically it is placed correctly :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:You're alking about vCoH so use the link Warhawks provided to the CoH wiki - find each unit you are interested in and it will show you what veterancy bonuses it gets at each vet level.

the vcoh wiki is sometimes not up to date. Like for example there its being said that the sticky bomb upgrade and BARs as well do reduce the ammount of exp rifle squad needs to get vet (at least it had been written there once). Later they removed that for example and added that boost to the supply yard upgrades. Also PE panther have more HP as WE panther in wiki but when i checked it some time ago in corsix and both had equal HP (742) if i am not mistaken.

But creating a list for all units with all stats (weapons, vets, abilties, cost etc etc) would take weeks (and months for BK)

So it might be that things arent 100% up to date anymore. But i would generally say that it gives a pretty good picture.

Edit: Haha.... i found the most funny thing now! It seems that old BK crew cared so far only for tanks and inf. Here they created BK mod veterancies.

But vehicles and paks have simply got vcoh stats, lol (correct me if i am mistaken).

Axis and CW paks in Bk have these veterancy buffs:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/P ... i-tank_Gun

Add here that in vcoh the vet 3 damage increase is incorrect in wiki. Its not 15,5%, its 15% nowdays. BK damage buff for axis and CW paks is 15,5%.

The US paks receive these vet bonuses in BK mod:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/M ... i_Tank_Gun

they are copied 1 exactly from vcoh.

But same for vehicles. The Puma and 234 units do have these vetercanies.
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/S ... rmored_Car

Greyhound in BK has these:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/M8_Greyhound

M16 these:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/M3_Halftrack

Nebelwerfer in BK these:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Nebelwerfer

Vehicles like the sdkfz 251/17 with 20 mm (in def doc) has these stats:
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/S ... Half-track

Funnily devs thought it needs a further boost and boosted its damage by 20% at vet 2 along with the health increase! Maybe thats also a reason why zooks seem to be so much inferior as schreck vs vehicles coz axis get reduced damage by vet 1 (puma) or more health (HT`s).

So yeah, i am sure i could continue it with vehicles.... thats why they ahve only 3 vets in BK like in vcoh, coz vets are exactly same.

I would say that old devs simply put as many vehicles as possible into game and being finally so overworked with work that they didnt care about theor vets anymore. Take that as lesson for BK 2. Dont just focus on introducing as many units as possible and rather take care that those you implement are complet in every aspect and being usefull anyhow as well. Thats the prob of Bk 1. Many cool looking vehicles but which are never used and incomplet (wrong docs, wrong stats etc). It doesnt makes the mod anyhow better or at least not the gameplay.

I am sad that stuff like that got never mentioned by old devs and that nobody talked about it.
As for the future work they could be tuned a bit but i am sure that this a lot of work.

But maybe paks could be reworked oO. Instead of current vets they could maybe get something like increased accuracy, rof or maybe movment speed. But idk......It simply makes me sad to see the cost for having simply many units.

Edit:
Vcoh PE 88 vets.

Vet 1 def upgrade:
-10% received accuracy
-10% received damage
+15%health
(+15% speed but 88 do not move)
-10 recharge time (idk if it affects anything on 88. It uses simply vehicle vets, so...)

vet 2 def:
-5% received accuracy
-5% received accuracy
+5% health
(+15% speed, see above)
(-10 recharge time

vet 3 def:
same as def vet 2.

vet 1 offense:
+15% accuracy
+15% penetration
-10% cooldown (cooldown usually reduces the delay between shots but guns like 88 do make only one shot and then reload i do think it has only affect on vehicles with MG´s and 20 mm canons which fire more shots before reloading)
-10% reload time
-10 ability recharge

vet 2 offene:
As vet 1 offense

vet 3:
As vet 1 offense.

Note pls that choosing 3 times offense does not mean 45% increased accuracy. Adding 3 times the same type do change some values and so you might have different values as you would expect. But for that check the voch wiki page maybe ;)

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

thank you very much for the links and info, appreciate it :D