Soviets in bk mod

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
ShadowIchigo

Soviets in bk mod

Post by ShadowIchigo »

So i know some long time ago xali and his team had a dispute with eastern front mod team which led to them never implementing the russians into bk. But what was it that exactly happened? And from what i heard and saw, i know bk 1 support is coming to a sad end, but would it EVER be possible for this dream to EVER come true? Just curious. I know that the liklihood is like wishing that tomorrow will rain money lol but a bk lover/soviet lover can dream.

Who thinks it would be amazing if ussr were in bk? What would your ideas be on how their doctrines and unita be set up?

Butterkeks

Re: Soviets in bk mod

Post by Butterkeks »

Well the problem are mostly the missing models. I have been playing around with all that modelling stuff the last weeks and I think I will be ready to present you my first creation in the next few days (don't expect much, this is veeeeeery complex stuff^^).

So with some training I would maybe be able to build some models. But still this would take months or maybe even years until there would be enough for an own faction.

Otherwise I think it would be a cool idea :)

Russians would be like the Propaganda doc imo, big units with small HP and crappy weapons that get better as you unlock more stuff from the tech tree :D
There could be a "inf doc" like the Propaganda doc, a tank doc that allows you to spam crappy but cheap tanks at the beginning but leads to more powerfull and way more expenisve tanks at the end. And the third one, maybe something like an Arty doc?

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Ohh man i cant wait to see keks!! :) Hmm i like those ideas btw. Soviets should no doubt have an arty doc, they had some amazing arty. But honestly i would think atleast 2 out of 3 soviet docs would be similar to axis all rounder docs. They have soo much variety to chose from. Lets say a shock troop doctrine with kv2, katyusha, elite inf, and sniper ace (s). Conscript doc could have manpower boosts, lots of weak inf, kv1 variants, but also lots of artillery including su artillery. Armor doc ofc could have the mighty is2 and su tank destroyers with air support where they could utilize an il2 patrol similar to henchel and us ab but it would be all in one anti inf and anti armor

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

ShadowIchigo wrote:Ohh man i cant wait to see keks!! :) Hmm i like those ideas btw. Soviets should no doubt have an arty doc, they had some amazing arty. But honestly i would think atleast 2 out of 3 soviet docs would be similar to axis all rounder docs. They have soo much variety to chose from. Lets say a shock troop doctrine with kv2, katyusha, elite inf, and sniper ace (s). Conscript doc could have manpower boosts, lots of weak inf, kv1 variants, but also lots of artillery including su artillery. Armor doc ofc could have the mighty is2 and su tank destroyers with air support where they could utilize an il2 patrol similar to henchel and us ab but it would be all in one anti inf and anti armor

Well you could do it like this:
Guard doc (because of the "guard regiments", the most honored regiments in the Red Army): Rocket Artillery (Katyusha), guard troops (elite inf), Sniper Ace, Kv1 (i don't like the idea of implementing the KV2 because it is ugly as hell, was only a prototype built around 40 times and was excpet for the main gun a very crappy tank) and call-ins. Along with some "unlock" stuff like idk 2 ppsh-41 per default for inf squads or stuff like that.

Conscript doc: As you proposed, but with more varietys of T34 and no KV1 + Artillery (Medium tanks and inf that get's better as you unlock more stuff)

Steel doc: Heavy mothafuckin' tanks bro. Is 1/2, Su122 and heavy shit like this. Plus sherman call-ins (Lend & Lease Act) + IL2

So basically your suggestions, just did some tuning how I think it woulod fit better ;)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Definitely not going to happen in BK1.. however, I am pretty open for suggestions on doctrines / russian stuff in BK2, as russian faction is not even touched in BK2 yet.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Wolf wrote:Definitely not going to happen in BK1.. however, I am pretty open for suggestions on doctrines / russian stuff in BK2, as russian faction is not even touched in BK2 yet.

Hahah yea i figured wolf i know it was a hopeless dream. Whatever happened to xali and team vs eastern front mod team though? Do you know?

But ill make a thread regarding soviet docs in bk mod 2 threads then.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Wolf wrote:Definitely not going to happen in BK1.. however, I am pretty open for suggestions on doctrines / russian stuff in BK2, as russian faction is not even touched in BK2 yet.

Do you have anything new to tell us about modding CoH 2? :)

Is it finally possible? Will Relic release proper mod tools this time? Anything you know could help :D
As I told you, I am doing this COH1 modelling stuff to "train" for BK2 so we can have some new models as fast as possible after it started :D
I just really wish it won't be as complicated and retarded as it is in COh1 atm^^

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

ShadowIchigo wrote:But ill make a thread regarding soviet docs in bk mod 2 threads then.

Or just change the name of this thread^^

EDIT: Forget about it, I misunderstood qhat you planned to do.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Butterkeks wrote:
ShadowIchigo wrote:But ill make a thread regarding soviet docs in bk mod 2 threads then.

Or just change the name of this thread^^

EDIT: Forget about it, I misunderstood qhat you planned to do.

Haha did you ever hear the phrase, "think before you act"? Lolol jk jk keks :P but yea i wouldnt wanna talk about soviets for bk2 in bk 1 threads i might have to feel the wraith of the mighty wolfcz :P

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

ShadowIchigo wrote:Whatever happened to xali and team vs eastern front mod team though? Do you know?

The creator of the BotB mod which is very similar to the Bk mod with its realistic damage system.. halftrack; had been always a very good friend to Xalibur as that both of them are Germans too btw... I can see that he is even still listed over there in the Eastern Front mod developing team members, so what makes u think really that the old Bk mod team had any serious problems with them?!

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:
ShadowIchigo wrote:Whatever happened to xali and team vs eastern front mod team though? Do you know?

The creator of the BotB mod which is very similar to the Bk mod with its realistic damage system.. halftrack; had been always a very good friend to Xalibur as that both of them are Germans too btw... I can see that he is even still listed over there in the Eastern Front mod developing team members, so what makes u think really that the old Bk mod team had any serious problems with them?!

I can hardly remember how it was...

As far as I remember there was the idea to implement the russians in BK by using the EF models. But suddenly it was like "nevermind, didn't work out" - as if they had a dispute about that and Xali wasn't allowed to use the models from EF.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Butterkeks wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:

I can hardly remember how it was...

As far as I remember there was the idea to implement the russians in BK by using the EF models. But suddenly it was like "nevermind, didn't work out" - as if they had a dispute about that and Xali wasn't allowed to use the models from EF.

Yea it was something that happened very long time ago, way before you discovered bk mod haha. Back before stupa and stuh were OP AF!! And anyone can vouch for that lol

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I only want to correct something here for u just for information;
It's true that I started playing this on 481, or to be more accurate.. since Wolf really began to manage this as I already mentioned several times... But it does NOT mean that I never discovered Bk actually years before it!

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Tiger1996 wrote:I only want to correct something here for u just for information;
It's true that I started playing this on 481, or to be more accurate.. since Wolf really began to manage this as I already mentioned several times... But it does NOT mean that I never discovered Bk years before it!

Ahh yea youre right, i forgot you mentioned before and even in ts3 that you encountered bk long ago but never installed it. Haha sorry about that one.