US Engineers/CW sappers

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

US Engineers/CW sappers

Post by Warhawks97 »

I´d like to request a price drop for CW sappers and US engineers.

The US Engineers from 180 to 150 MP.

The reason is easy:

They are the weakest and absolutely usless in any kind of combat. All three (pios, sappers, engis) cant stay much of the enemie fire which also means that attempts to get closer are usless. And unlike sappers and pios the US engis cant do shit at distances (and not even in close combat) whereas the damageoutput of pios at long and max range is better than those of Rangers.

To show you what i mean, watch screenshots. Two show an engagment between axis pios and US enigs at a distance which we would consider as "mid range". Altought US reached cover earlier opening fire first they lost 3 or 4 men before they could deal any damage to axis pios. the axis pios have at any distance a higher damageouput and weapon efficency at any range. The rof advantage at close range for US is marginal or rather equal to US engineers but accuracy at any range far superior to US one.

One screenshot shows how axis pios almost shred a rifle squad that was attempting to get close. Without the two grease guns the 6 pios would have killed the the two rifle men. It shows clearly how suicide it is when trying "to get close" and it was just a pio squad oO.

The sapper cost from 315 to 250. They are effective in early game engagments but here cost doesnt matter since the squad is a starter unit. Later they have no real combat value and it cost the CW a shitload of res just to get a new repair unit.
Attachments
2015-08-07_00001.jpg
2015-08-10_00003.jpg
2015-08-10_00001.jpg
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Terence's Mouth

Re: US Engineers/CW sappers

Post by Terence's Mouth »

In my Opinion you would unbalance game much more that you balance it.
The normal pio fight is realy balanced its just 50 50 chance in each game who is first in cover and hit better.
Last edited by Terence's Mouth on 10 Aug 2015, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Terence's Mouth wrote:In my Opinion you would unbalance game much more that you balance it.
Once i had 1vs1 vs sukin and he said i only won because of that InfSappers, i think that says alot^^

sappers or engineers. Its a huge difference. and sappers cant take much fire and nobody risks a further firefight to lose the only repair options CW has.

US enigs are kind in combat, they cant kill anything whereas i get Axis pios effectively making kills. Sappers>Axis Pios>US engis.

I am not talking about inf doc combat engineers or CW combat sappers.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 10 Aug 2015, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I once ordered my US Engineers to run at the key middle ammo point of the map St.Hilaire where they suddenly met the Wh Pioneers head to head, as that the opponent player was seemingly managing to do exactly the same of what I was managing to do too, and also at the same time... Both squads halted and started shooting the other! Almost at the same moment as well.
But the result was 6 to 1 at close range! I should have recorded that.. as that the Pioneers were just in seconds; NO MORE.

Brits Sappers would win against Pios or even Volks at med, close or long ranges unless if those Volks had MG34.
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 10 Aug 2015, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Terence's Mouth

Post by Terence's Mouth »

I thought sappers where something else, my false because of bad english i delete this wrong text now up there.
Btw i realy wish axis pios would be better because US has the jeep and axis only a byke.Its realy hard for axis to win early game without at gun at standart resources while US have much better chances because of that Jeep.

Krieger Blitzer

Yes Terence, and so for that; it's a 'NO' from my side here in my opinion as well.
I would leave everything as it is...

US Engineers would lose against the Wh Pios only at long range but whenever they suddenly meet each other at a close range while running anywhere at the beginning on low resources games usually.. the Wh Pionners would have absolutely no chances!!
Sappers also have both a high rate of fire and a good accuracy at longer ranges too.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Yes Terence, and so for that; it's a 'NO' from my side here in my opinion as well.
I would leave everything as it is...

US Engineers would lose against the Wh Pios only at long range but whenever they suddenly meet each other at a close range while running anywhere at the beginning on low resources games usually.. the Wh Pionners would have absolutely no chances!!
Sappers also have both a high rate of fire and a good accuracy at longer ranges too.

for me US engis are most usless in any combat moment. Close range with US engis happens more accidentially (like in your scenario where nobody halts to make a check).

I had vet 3 and vet 4 Pios squads but thats it.

WH soon gets the PE schwimmwagen, so their early game gets a nice buff. You actually must keep schwimm behind k98 unit and shoot when enemie is trying to close in. The pak has also very capable offensive option with HE rounds as well.

Thing is it is just a typicall "Quality vs Quantity" thing actually, just that US pay again for quantity just as much as axis for quality (+ higher upkeep at that stage).

Krieger Blitzer

U would get the Jeep whenever they get Bikes, or any Schwimms! Really simple... Plus that the PE Schwimm is already too fragile btw..