Map problems.

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
McCracker42o

Map problems.

Post by McCracker42o »

Hello.

I, today downloaded a 500mb map pack and they were all in .SGA format so I used COH mod installer to install them all. When I went inside the game the maps were there but when I opened one of the maps the progress bar went up to 80% then game restarted. Any fix for this?

And also 1 more question. IF I download BK maps, will they work WITHOUT BK mod? I mean will they work on normal game? no steam or other stuff... And are they in SGB format or SGA format? Can someone gurantee the working of BK maps on normal COH game?

thanks all

noob :)

Butterkeks

Re: Map problems.

Post by Butterkeks »

McCracker42o wrote:I, today downloaded a 500mb map pack and they were all in .SGA format so I used COH mod installer to install them all. When I went inside the game the maps were there but when I opened one of the maps the progress bar went up to 80% then game restarted. Any fix for this?

Sorry, this is something I can't answer, but I can answer this:

McCracker42o wrote:And also 1 more question. IF I download BK maps, will they work WITHOUT BK mod? I mean will they work on normal game? no steam or other stuff... And are they in SGB format or SGA format? Can someone gurantee the working of BK maps on normal COH game?

This highly depends on the map. BK adds some new models also to the worldbuilder, so it would be possible to make maps that would only work in BK. Nevertheless, I'm highly sure that on none of the BK MOD TIP maps is any of these new models. Therefore they will also work with vCOH or other mods.

Regarding SGB and SGA format:
This actually doesn't really matter.
When you build a new map, you get normally four files. one SGB and some others (like the map preview in .tga format). SGA is just a "packed" format. It contains the SGB and all the other files.
As SGB is the "map" file, you could also have a working map in theory. But you won't have a loading scrren image, and no map preview.

Butterkeks

Re: Map problems.

Post by Butterkeks »

Or maybe it was the other way round with those SGBs and SGAs, I always mix them up^^