Most Stable Maps?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
kwok
Team Member

Most Stable Maps?

Post by kwok »

Hello all,

BKNC plans to help out in organizing a tournament post-4.9 patch. In preparation, we wanted to get an idea of what maps are stable (not necessarily balanced, this will be considered later) and have the fewest amount of bugs. Please let us know which maps seem good and which maps have potential problems. Mostly interested in 2v2 + larger maps, thought 1v1 map info wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,
BKNC
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Butterkeks

Re: Most Stable Maps?

Post by Butterkeks »

Autry, St. Hilaire, Linden, Duclair, Montherme, Lyon, Vire...

actually every relic or BK MOD TIP map, never expierenced any bugs on them.

BK tournament? I'll join :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Bugs and crashes and graphic failures are mainly caused by PC´s. Right now i dont have any trouble with any map.

So the better the pc the more stable the game, the smaller the map the more stable the game as well.

One map that causes often trouble to players is Fields of engagment and also graves bridges. The largest maps as well sometimes. The 2 vs 2 and so far all 3 vs 3 maps are generally stable. Desert maps usually are also very stable but i hate them. Often resources are only in the centere of the map and game turns right into 88/stuh/stupa spams and arty spam.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Im gonna put my google drive address up for the mappack download when i get home today so hopefully people who want to participate, we will recommend you to download.. or atleast ill provide links with the individual maps we will use in the tournie. But we still havnt picked any yet.

Edit: 7-31-2015

google drive mppack link (3 separate folders)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-enw ... U44Nl9DSHc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-enw ... jhiUkV6MTQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-enw ... kFBck5TQWs
Last edited by ShadowIchigo on 31 Jul 2015, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@Keks
Sounds good. Have you joined BKNC (we migrated to a different group/website. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bknc)? We are going to try to put announcements on this forum here once we hear a bit more from the devs, but we will definitely for sure be spreading info through that.

@War
Good to know, and makes sense. There are a few things I was wondering about though because I've had situations that seemed too... uncanny to be coincidental. Example, on Alace Moselle (spelling I don't remember), I seem to frequently get a DC'd game as soon as someone calls in an off map tank. Have any light on that? Should I put it up in the bugs section of forums? It doesn't always happen, but when I do DC that normally seems to be where it starts.

@Shadow
Thanks Shadow. About goddamn time.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

@War
Good to know, and makes sense. There are a few things I was wondering about though because I've had situations that seemed too... uncanny to be coincidental. Example, on Alace Moselle (spelling I don't remember), I seem to frequently get a DC'd game as soon as someone calls in an off map tank. Have any light on that? Should I put it up in the bugs section of forums? It doesn't always happen, but when I do DC that normally seems to be where it starts.

i had that with one of my older PC. On vire river extended and graves bridges the scout vehicle from PE came out as Blue cube and soon after game crashed. At fields of engagment the Tank support command was a blue cube and then game crashed. At la chaudiere and lyon the streets turned simply black (feeling like the units will drop into the "nothing"). Thats was scary everytime but all somehow fixed when i got new pc. Now with my current pc i dont really have trouble at all.

One important thing also is to have enough RAM. In extrem situations (like body parts, explosion, rockets and exploding tanks at the same time on oen point) can cause a Ram collapse. That happens when settings are too high. When lowering these settings it happens less often. But generally the basic game shouldnt be set so high that it takes almost entire RAM. Make sure you have some free RAM that can be used for "extrem situations". Even if my game could run easily at ultimate settings i dont have everything on ultimate simply to be prepared for these "extrem situations". So RAM and graphic card should have space upwards.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hm... Maybe we need to make it a requirement to lower settings HAHA. There would be no way to enforce that.

There WILL be rules and a process on dc'ing/crashes/etc. That process will be worked out soon.

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

Alsace Moselle is crashing really often, but never noticed serious problems with any other map.

atazs

Post by atazs »

Butterkeks wrote:Autry, St. Hilaire, Linden, Duclair, Montherme, Lyon, Vire...

actually every relic or BK MOD TIP map, never expierenced any bugs on them.

BK tournament? I'll join :D

Vire river valley is stable?
You have to be joking
That map has like 10 unmanned AA emplacements scattered around the map that fire on any planes until they are manned.
How is that a stable map?
Anyway to answer the OP:
It's the extremely big maps that are unstable:
The Rhine
Fields of Engagement and more that i can't remember
They run like shit and are way too big.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Too big?? Most maps are pretty crowded when playing with the maxium ammount of players. I played the larger one and as long as all had decent PC´s its fine.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Yea i actually wish all maps were bigger. And seriously i really enjoy fields and other 4v4 bk maps but most are bugged and unplayable, and extremely laggy for others.