M10 Wolverine and M10 Achilles

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Rubytooth_UA

Re: M10 Wolverine and M10 Achilles

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

Warhawks97 wrote:

game doesnt reflect angels. So it even happend in a combat in france that a Panther bounced three times from a sherman hitting the front of it from a very very poor angel.

And who is using RE? I´ve seen one church ace in several month. But aces are no more aces and this single vet 1 ace ive seen lost against a Tiger without damaging it. I dont have made many experiences with new aces but it seems less an issue now that church ace pens tigers too often. Furthermore i am not sure what kind of gun it used (the later churchs) but its afaik a way stonger than sherman 75 mm gun.

The 28mm Had very good pen stats and high muzzle velocity. It was better than the 37 mm but the damage was unsatisfying.

I am using RE for fun cause I like mortar and petard tanks, of course Fireflies made me happy in tanks duels.
If you want to see how counter jagds, JT and KT on 2x2 map - just take a look on that replay. At the end of the game there are was duel with Churchill Ace ant Tiger - both RIP cause of artillery from both sides.
Pleasant viewing
Attachments
2x2 Metal-n-Reils.rar
2x2 RE+US def vs TH+Terror
(931.09 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I'm coming back to this since I've finaly found some time to compare the guns of Hellcat and Wolverine and the HVAP ammo.

To my big surprise the stats are the same for both guns - same accuracy, damage, penetration, reload speed, aim speed, even same values in TT... This is quite surprising since you guys say how well Hellcat performs compared to M10. It seems that in general M10 has just bad luck...though it sounds improbable that so many players would have bad luck with the same unit so often. When I have some more time I'll check the files if there isn't something that would give penetration nerf to M10.

About the HVAP - for the duration of the ability the main gun's penetration is multiplied by 1.54 (+54%) and damage by 1.25 (+25%). It works the same for both M10 and M18.
With HVAP you should penetrate Panzer IV J/H at short and medium range every time and at max range the penetration chance is sliiiiightly below 75%. (For PIV F2/G it is about 83% at max range with HVAP). Rear penetration should be guaranteed at any distance on all targets.
lvl3 Tank commander should provide a guaranteed penetration at all distances against PIVs.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:I'm coming back to this since I've finaly found some time to compare the guns of Hellcat and Wolverine and the HVAP ammo.

To my big surprise the stats are the same for both guns - same accuracy, damage, penetration, reload speed, aim speed, even same values in TT... This is quite surprising since you guys say how well Hellcat performs compared to M10. It seems that in general M10 has just bad luck...though it sounds improbable that so many players would have bad luck with the same unit so often. When I have some more time I'll check the files if there isn't something that would give penetration nerf to M10.

About the HVAP - for the duration of the ability the main gun's penetration is multiplied by 1.54 (+54%) and damage by 1.25 (+25%). It works the same for both M10 and M18.
With HVAP you should penetrate Panzer IV J/H at short and medium range every time and at max range the penetration chance is sliiiiightly below 75%. (For PIV F2/G it is about 83% at max range with HVAP). Rear penetration should be guaranteed at any distance on all targets.
lvl3 Tank commander should provide a guaranteed penetration at all distances against PIVs.

very weird.... you said M10 shot 100% pen tank Iv on short range.... i bounced once even with double M10 on Tank IV J from th doc using HVAP.

stats are same to 76 sherman? Hellact and sherman 76 used same guns. But it surprises me that against Tank IV F with HVAP it is still only 83% lmao.... Its simply this what i dont get and will never understand. When i for example think about e8 which cost almost the same as a tank IV H just later available and with more upkeep is still so inferior to A tank IV when it comes to gun stats and pen. Even when E8 uses the expensive AP rounds the tank IV´s chance to pen e8 is about the same. And the J of bk doc cost much less in fuel as an e8 but still the only advantage of e8 is the faster turret rotation speed. In all other aspects the the J is better (cost, upkeep, Mg damage, resistant to hendheld at, resistant to medium at guns, resistant to heavy US at guns, time of availability).

With other words US always needs to use expensive HVAP rounds just to have a fair chance even when fighting the cheapest axist tanks which are not seldomly even cheaper, esspecially in fuel upkeep as you probably know already.

Another is suprise for me is what huge boost a tank commander gives.
Build more AA Walderschmidt