the f*ck is wrong with blitzkrieg

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
yoerokiller

the f*ck is wrong with blitzkrieg

Post by yoerokiller »

it used to be balanced now its just OP allied forces.
took all the fun out of it. only fun version are the early ones.

GG devs. GG

Warhawks97

Re: the f*ck is wrong with blitzkrieg

Post by Warhawks97 »

yoerokiller wrote:it used to be balanced now its just OP allied forces.
took all the fun out of it. only fun version are the early ones.

GG devs. GG

you mean 4.02b version in which allied had been OP and axis mega expensive?

Can you be more precise?
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 15 Jul 2015, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Don't feed the trolls Warhawks.

He joined july 15th just to say this.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

yoerokiller

Post by yoerokiller »

dont really exactly remember the version.

but i mean the version where shermans didnt one -shot tigers or jagds. and where 88's didnt bounce of shermans.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

kwok wrote:Don't feed the trolls Warhawks.

I DON"T KNOW HIM. Wolf can prove to u this through checking IPs!

yoerokiller

Post by yoerokiller »

Tiger1996 wrote:
kwok wrote:Don't feed the trolls Warhawks.

I DON"T KNOW HIM. Wolf can prove to u this through checking IPs!

i'm not trolling.

im just geniunly intrested what the hell is happening to the game.

its losing all realistic shapes

Krieger Blitzer

I mean the timing u typed this is so suspicious... As I just had a post before it maybe claiming similar stuff at another topic on the same of this section!

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

We didn't boost sherman against Tiger, so .. we don't really have anything with that.
Oneshotting 5% after penetration was added god knows when, but it was way back before I got into development.

yoerokiller

Post by yoerokiller »

Wolf wrote:We didn't boost sherman against Tiger, so .. we don't really have anything with that.
Oneshotting 5% after penetration was added god knows when, but it was way back before I got into development.

still it happens regularly . also the sherman jumbo is sometimes indestrucvtible. which is nonsense

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ok. Can't help it. I want to post.

It happens 5% of the time. If it's regular for you, consider yourself the top 5%, congratulations. You're one of the special.

Pak 38. Use the 100mu rocket. Point+click one shots fully over repaired jumbos. Done. The only skill is the patience to let the jumbo close enough to hit it.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

yoerokiller

Post by yoerokiller »

its not my point.

the mod used to be good. not in the way of ehhrmeehrgod its balanced. war isnt balanced. but its lost its armored realism. one of the reasons i loved this mod so much.
in the war germans werent patient for the jumbo to close in to let their 38 hit it with a 100mm.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well in next patch you will have much more realistic armor for churchills, better penetration of PZIVs by shermans and lower penetration of heavies, first part is already written in next changelog, so you could say its getting better, no?

Some players already wrote some numbers of penetrations, to penetrate tiger for example you have like 30% on long distance, KT around 8% ? What exactly would you like?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

yoerokiller wrote:dont really exactly remember the version.

but i mean the version where shermans didnt one -shot tigers or jagds. and where 88's didnt bounce of shermans.

as wolf said, those stats kept untouched over years. Regarding tiger, in fact got better. Tiger got cheaper compared to your "first BK versions", abilties debugged (Tigerphobia), abilities earlier available and HP boosted. Thats all. Besides that many axis tanks got cheaper when compared to the cost they had once in old BK versions (pretty much every TH and tank IV).

yoerokiller

Post by yoerokiller »

Wolf wrote:Well in next patch you will have much more realistic armor for churchills, better penetration of PZIVs by shermans and lower penetration of heavies, first part is already written in next changelog, so you could say its getting better, no?

Some players already wrote some numbers of penetrations, to penetrate tiger for example you have like 30% on long distance, KT around 8% ? What exactly would you like?

im not saying all tanks are bad.

it's mostly the sherman thats too OP. Shermans were really weak tanks. not even to mention the underpowered cannon. it was a bit effective against stugs. but did nothing to tigers or jagds.

What i'd think is improving BK in next patch:
-Shermans armor less effective
-Sherman cannon less effective to tanks , more effective to infantry
-Mortar cars less of a howitzer effect. (2 mortar cars litterally obliterate all defences)
-less axis tank penetration at long range (except stationary 88 (AA) gun.)
-More penetration power for the m36 jackson.

Krieger Blitzer

Something very weird I noticed about the Jacksons is that they shoot like a pistol when ambushed. Almost no reloading time!

Also, the time that is between each shot when they get invisible once again is seriously too short... They hide again after shooting just in a blink of an eye!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

-Shermans armor less effective

Its being penetrated by pretty much everything. Only e8 version is a bit stronger (and jumbos but those had on some parts really thick armor. Still armor was at least 62 mm and slopped giving an equivalnt to Tank IV armor. Just the overmatching factor was a problem here and also the soft steel (axis steel had higher BHN value). So sherman armor is quite OK. Thing is that same axis guns are different effective against sherman, depending on which tank their are mounted.

-Sherman cannon less effective to tanks , more effective to infantry

Shermans used three canon types. Fist the 75 mm L/31, later standard was 75 mm /L40 and those had been well against inf having good HE rounds. In 44 production swapped towards 76 mm gun. Those had been capable of penetrating Tank IV´s relatively well with basic AP rounds. Tiger was also beatable with HVAP just Panthers frontal armor and KT and JT/Elephant had been more or less invincible to all rounds. In summer 44 US talked about "Panther crisis". IN BK its more weird and a lot more like a lottery. It tends to bounce from Tank IV´s, even with HVAP rounds you must be lucky at distant to pen them. Efficency vs Panther and Tigers are pretty realistic or its hard to make it better. VS biggest axis tanks the 76 gun ha slow pen chance, still too good chances. The US PAK, Hellcat and M10 seem to have a glitch vs KT.

So sherman 75 with HE is good vs inf already, the 76 is very randomly currently and hardly predictable if you will win or lose a fight, everyhting is possible.

-Mortar cars less of a howitzer effect. (2 mortar cars litterally obliterate all defences)

The 80 and 81 mm mortars seem to have really a massive blast looking too much like bigger arty.

-less axis tank penetration at long range (except stationary 88 (AA) gun.)

why? Esspecially Panther, Japgpanther, JP IV/70, KT, Nashorn, Elephant, KT, JT could penetrate everything. Only the thickest churchill armor could stand Panther gun maybe.

The stationary 88 is the same as Tiger is using so no need to be anyhow better as normal tiger gun (88/L56). Out of all later axis tanks the tiger gun had lowest penetration.

The Tank IV overpeforms a bit vs sherman at max range (Tank IV has for some reason better pen vs sherman as stug or hetzer) and against churchills.

-More penetration power for the m36 jackson.

vs Tank IV, yes, definately.... it shouldnt bounce of it, however jacks recently bounced from Tank IV f2 which armor is weaker as Tank IV H/J armor.

if interested:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=329

:)

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

agree with OP. why I haven't touched this mod in the last few months. looking at latest patch notes seems it won't be anytime soon I play this mod again

Krieger Blitzer

Allies aren't OP, Axis not either.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

yoerokiller wrote:the mod used to be good. not in the way of ehhrmeehrgod its balanced. war isnt balanced. but its lost its armored realism. one of the reasons i loved this mod so much
I guess he's right...Shermans were no match for Tigers so I guess that for the sake of realism we shoud make them that way...Also it is true that Tigers often suffered from engine breaks so we should implement random engine damage while moving and well, it is a known fact that Axis had a severe shortage of fuel while Allies didn't really have to care about fuel supplies, I guess that should be implemented also...something like +100 fuel income for allies from the start of the game? I think that would reflect it pretty much. I mean just for the realism's sake...I know it would not be very balanced but just as yoerokiller said - "war isnt balanced".
What do you think Wolf?

[secret_message]
This was a sarcasm by the way.
[/secret_message]

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

MarKr wrote:
yoerokiller wrote:the mod used to be good. not in the way of ehhrmeehrgod its balanced. war isnt balanced. but its lost its armored realism. one of the reasons i loved this mod so much
I guess he's right...Shermans were no match for Tigers so I guess that for the sake of realism we shoud make them that way...Also it is true that Tigers often suffered from engine breaks so we should implement random engine damage while moving and well, it is a known fact that Axis had a severe shortage of fuel while Allies didn't really have to care about fuel supplies, I guess that should be implemented also...something like +100 fuel income for allies from the start of the game? I think that would reflect it pretty much. I mean just for the realism's sake...I know it would not be very balanced but just as yoerokiller said - "war isnt balanced".
What do you think Wolf?

[secret_message]
This was a sarcasm by the way.
[/secret_message]

Lololol trolling at its best hahahaha u da man mark

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

My point wasn't trolling, I just wanted to point at the fact that people often bring up the "realism" argument but only take from it what plays in their cards and completely ignore the negative aspects of what the reality was like.