Polls!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.

Should we ask devs to organize more polls regarding changes and ideas for the mod?

Yes, we love to vote and have some more impact on how things are going!
73%
No, not really, I like how it is right now.
27%

Total votes: 15

JimQwilleran

Polls!

Post by JimQwilleran »

Should we ask devs to organize more polls so we could let them know about our opinions regarding changes and ideas for the mod?
The source of the idea:
http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=624

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Polls!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I personally won't vote any... Simply because of that I believe both answers are actually recommended by me somehow!!! As I would say "Yes" and "No" altogether at the same time.

If the goal of such stuff was for the devs to just have a quick spot or an inquiry of the community's sight about a certain subject or an idea, then I guess this kind of 'need' would be then already fulfilled or represented when everyone shares his opinions through some clear posts. However that polls could be probably easier for the devs not to waste more time for just reading all the perspectives! But less detailed as well!!

On the other hand, if such stuff are meant to have a decision making.. then I would really not recommend it. For several reasons...

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

I am for votes... much better than topic with 10 pages where noone except that 3 discussing guys will ever read more than 2 pages of that topic... but there should be minimal limit for number of votes to make that poll legit...

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

A voted yes.. but only support it for devs to get a sort of feel or idea what the community thinks not something legit

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

you should add another option for your poll : "no - the current devs don't give a damn about other's opinions" which would be fair enough if the current devs had created this mod, but they had nothing to do with this mod, they have just overtaken it and completely ruined it. this mod should be called "Patton's wet dream"

agree with the idea that community feedback should be taken into account - however this new forum doesn't represent the community. none of my friends bother to come to this new forum, and many have just stopped playing, as I.

half the posts on these forums are from 3 guys - Warhauks, Tiger and Wolf, who think they know all and talk for everyone.

enough said

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

lunarwolf wrote:you should add another option for your poll : "no - the current devs don't give a damn about other's opinions" which would be fair enough if the current devs had created this mod, but they had nothing to do with this mod, they have just overtaken it and completely ruined it. this mod should be called "Patton's wet dream"

agree with the idea that community feedback should be taken into account - however this new forum doesn't represent the community. none of my friends bother to come to this new forum, and many have just stopped playing, as I.

half the posts on these forums are from 3 guys - Warhauks, Tiger and Wolf, who think they know all and talk for everyone.

enough said

Well then, play as Allied against these members, lets see the "wet dream" for yourself. You always only whined for pro-axis changes, I've never seen you play as allied, yet you claim that we are biased, funny.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

lunarwolf wrote:you should add another option for your poll : "no - the current devs don't give a damn about other's opinions" which would be fair enough if the current devs had created this mod, but they had nothing to do with this mod, they have just overtaken it and completely ruined it. this mod should be called "Patton's wet dream"
I remember someone saying at the old forum that even when Xaliburn ran the mod, a hundred people could demand some change but if he didn't consider it good, he simply did not make the change. When he made a topic where he asked for opinions then he took the answers into consideration but that was it. So where did this "I want this change and these guys support me so you have to do it!" came from?
they have just overtaken it and completely ruined it.
So I take it that your opinion is that the mod should have stayed the way it was when Xali left?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, and what are his suggestions even.. of which he seeks to get implemented?? Lunar; do u ever play pvp btw?

U pretty much know that I am surely not an Allies fanboy... SO I believe u can't call me the same way as u keep calling Hawks with maybe.

I am not even an Axis fanboy!! However that as some guys are saying, I do probably have a little bit an obvious tendency towards Axis someways.. which is true.
But I would honestly never accept ur accusation that Wolf is ruining this mod anyhow!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:I remember someone saying at the old forum that even when Xaliburn ran the mod, a hundred people could demand some change but if he didn't consider it good, he simply did not make the change. When he made a topic where he asked for opinions then he took the answers into consideration but that was it. So where did this "I want this change and these guys support me so you have to do it!" came from?

Thats true. There are two good examples. The first one was the sound of HMG42. The community voted for noise similiar to lmgs42. I "high" sound as if you are staying next to the mg. Still he added the current sound which sounds as if you are far away. Sure you mostly watch the game from above and from a distant but still, its the only weapon with this "distant" sound and added that against the will of the community. SP was the same. Nobody really wanted it (for several reasons like historcial facts and game principles) but still he kept the tank in game. If its good for balance or not is another matter.

So I take it that your opinion is that the mod should have stayed the way it was when Xali left?

I am glad that the game didnt stuck on 4.7 version. Lots of bugs got fixed, costs of units adjusted and lot of other good stuff got changed for which i am really thankfull to the current devs.

@Luna: Also wolf didnt simply "captured" this mod. He firstly started with the community patch which got accepted among the community and also from older BK crew members. And he considered demands from the community when doing changes in game like changes on certain units and abilties (as you can see with sd2 and sector arty).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

lunarwolf wrote:

enough said

typical - I wasn't expecting this :p

this isn't a community it's 3 guys sucking each other off

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

lunarwolf wrote:typical - I wasn't expecting this :p
this isn't a community it's 3 guys sucking each other off
well, typical - I really wasn't expecting this... Taking one point from your own post, quoting it and adding an insult, while completely ignoring anything or at least not commenting on anything that has been said.
That is not a mature reply, it's a childish whining.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Well, as a player since 2010, I remember in the last years how Xali used to do polls but finally did what he wanted to. Another example was the rocket launcher jeep. He said "I like this unit and I am going to implement it whether you like it or not, I just make this poll to know in which doctrine you would like it". ( I don't remember if he finally listened to the community)

This happened after Shadow left, an excellent moderator in direct contact with Xali did very good to balance the community wishes and Xali desires, making the forum a nice place, with good communication. When he left, polls arose significantly and they were just nonense, almost a poll for every suggestion, totally trivial, and Xali absolutely did what he wanted to.

Therefore, I think polls are good if they are used rationally and not for every childish wish, and if the devs think they are worth because they will look at them and take them into consideration.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Yeah, some polls would be nice, but at first point the dev team has to look for balance. So even if the poll (stupid example): "Should "Schwerer Gustav" arty barrage for 20 ammo implemented?" goes 199 yes and 1 no, devs wouldn't implement it.
Of course not, as it would be something that is completely unbalanced.
So yeah, sometimes Devs should not listen to the community or do changes even if many people don't want it.

Also it's like it is in every Forum, if you are satisfied, you don't come to the forum and start posting about how satisfied you are. I mean I like the M10 Achilles, so should I now start a topic "M10 Achilles is really great! Write me how great it is!"?
So don't wonder when you find mostly "negative" posts in the Forum.

Regarding old dev team, well at first they were really listening to the community, always searching for contact and discussing with us. But after Ruhrpottpatriot left (mostly because of dev teams idea of implementing Sturmtiger and SP etc) and then also Shadow, nobody talked to the community and Xali mostly did what he wanted to, wether it was good or not.
Also he just somehow "left" in the middle of the open beta, so we can all be thankfull that the current dev team "overtook" it. Otherwise we would still play the buggy 4.8 open beta.
So show some respect Lunarwolf!

crimax

Post by crimax »

Polls and discussions make BK Mod developed by the entire community.
It is the secret to have BK Mod still alive, no other ways.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)