Hi, I'm Kwok. Developer Appreciation?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
kwok
Team Member

Re: Hi, I'm Kwok. Developer Appreciation?

Post by kwok »

Keks, good point about devs doing this for free. Are donations something that devs are open to? I know a lot of other mods have donation areas, but I do not see one for BKmod.
The amount I play BK is more than any other game that I've bought. So, at least for me, I am more than willing to "pay" for this mod like it were any other game based just on the hours I've put in.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Hey,

few things..

@kwok: You can use EDIT to edit your post if you need to add something after posting. Also there is donate button in forum menu, so yeah, we accept donations, but all who donate please be assured that it doesn't give you any right / bigger vote or anything. Donations are currently mostly used to pay domain/hosting and if we will make some website additions that are planned, they will be used too.

@what we want from players:
- just no more "doctrine reworks" etc. please, as I understand old players wish to have things differently, most of it is not going to happen (but on the other hand, many of those might happen in BK2), if you want example than - rangers to be inf doc specific and combat engis to armor is NOT going to happen in BK1, I already wrote that but here again are 3 topics that are kind of counting that it will happen or whatever, it will NOT. But like I said, in BK2 things might be different and they are btw. Combat engis are currently in Armor doc and Rangers are inf specific in BK2 for months now already.
- from experienced players I especially want patience and kind of "not panicking" over everything, somebody said, that new or not experienced players are sometimes using unexpected tactics, thats exactly what we want, you are not supposed to use one tactic. Old players kind of tend to play still the same and when we announce some change to something, its for one half of them "just stupid" or whatever. There are going to be a lot of changes in next patch, for example Churchills are going to be much more resistant, but fe. croc will not penetrate KT anymore etc. I don't know if these will prove to be good or bad, but its the way we want to go so its gonna be that way. Look at how Relic balances its games, pretty big changes and players just have to deal with it, we are not making such changes usually, but good players will still be good, bad players will still be bad.
- I am not fan of polls, I already explained reasons for it multiple times

- I certainly appreciate anything that anybody is trying to do for bringing new players or teaching them how to play, but please don't force them into "dont even try, because xyz is OP", let them try something different than you are using. I am more than willing to promote your clans/whatever when we will have means to do it. Same for replays, youtube channels etc., I'd like to have them on front of BK page.
- Thank you for giving me more space overall, I was really getting overwhelmed or maybe even angry over constant steam messages. While I know that being kind of BK Admin, I have to expect some pressure, but when I was bombarded by CoH messages five times a day and night, its a bit too much. Plus it was always one side telling me - this is OP, and it should be that way and another side, omgwtf, don't listen to xyz, its completely fine, this is OP and it should be different. Also game invites, I was getting a lot of them, when I want to play, I usually find the game myself, or invite people myself, not only because I am not in the mood, but because I have plenty of mod files / scar scripts etc. in the game and I would have to clean it, then I forget what I was doing etc., so thats why you don't see me play often. I think MarKr is kind of getting a lot of this instead of me, so ... be easy on him :) which brings me to the next thing
- As I am currently in ... well, not great situation, where I usually don't know how much time I will have/when, many things (like MOST) were done by MarKr, so he should get most of your thanks this time, there was a lot of feedback from players too, so thank you too.
- I still won't give you exact release date nor release date of patch changelog, as most of the stuff is not tested yet and I have some things that I have to change. But I still think it will be released in July.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

kwok wrote:I am more than willing to "pay" for this mod like it were any other game based just on the hours I've put in.

Excellent from u!
Finally someone I know is beside me now as well :) That's what I meant by mentioning "support" as they honestly deserve it even.
Wolf wrote:rangers to be inf doc specific and combat engis to armor is NOT going to happen in BK1,

Really sad :(
Wolf wrote:- I am not fan of polls, I already explained reasons for it multiple times

Agreed ^^
Wolf wrote:I think MarKr is kind of getting a lot of this instead of me, so ... be easy on him :) which brings me to the next thing
- As I am currently in ... well, not great situation, where I usually don't know how much time I will have/when, many things (like MOST) were done by MarKr, so he should get most of your thanks this time, there was a lot of feedback from players too, so thank you too.

Yes, I guess I'm preparing for him something special too this time :D
Wolf wrote:- I still won't give you exact release date nor release date of patch changelog, as most of the stuff is not tested yet and I have some things that I have to change. But I still think it will be released in July.

Keenly waiting for this patch of which I kept pushing for it with my own blood :P

Good luck!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:@what we want from players:
- just no more "doctrine reworks" etc. please, as I understand old players wish to have things differently, most of it is not going to happen (but on the other hand, many of those might happen in BK2), if you want example than - rangers to be inf doc specific and combat engis to armor is NOT going to happen in BK1, I already wrote that but here again are 3 topics that are kind of counting that it will happen or whatever, it will NOT. But like I said, in BK2 things might be different and they are btw. Combat engis are currently in Armor doc and Rangers are inf specific in BK2 for months now already.

Is this because its too much work in corsix to do it or is it more that you are afraid to do some mistakes that could cause disbalance. If the second is correct then we or you might create a kind of "project group" that can work on the ideas of doctrines, getting ideas about docs simply when talking with others during games etc. And when results are there and agreed then markr or another assistent could do that and you would only need to give the agreement to implement the changes. But then you should trust that group which can also discuss in forum about certain things with the entire community. But doing that as kind of "final act" for BK1... That would be so awesome.

- from experienced players I especially want patience and kind of "not panicking" over everything, somebody said, that new or not experienced players are sometimes using unexpected tactics, thats exactly what we want, you are not supposed to use one tactic. Old players kind of tend to play still the same and when we announce some change to something, its for one half of them "just stupid" or whatever. There are going to be a lot of changes in next patch, for example Churchills are going to be much more resistant, but fe. croc will not penetrate KT anymore etc. I don't know if these will prove to be good or bad, but its the way we want to go so its gonna be that way. Look at how Relic balances its games, pretty big changes and players just have to deal with it, we are not making such changes usually, but good players will still be good, bad players will still be bad.

Yeah, i said that new players do sometimes nice and unexpected things. But quite often, when those made some experiences with different tactics and when they play games with and against the experienced one they quickly figure out that there is kind of "one, most effective tactic". Here SVT clan figured out that "one most effective tactic". As allied its simply Armor, RA, AB being all played in a specific way as sample. But thats also a problem when certain docs are too unversatile.

- I certainly appreciate anything that anybody is trying to do for bringing new players or teaching them how to play, but please don't force them into "dont even try, because xyz is OP", let them try something different than you are using. I am more than willing to promote your clans/whatever when we will have means to do it. Same for replays, youtube channels etc., I'd like to have them on front of BK page.

Nice,thx, good to hear.

- Thank you for giving me more space overall, I was really getting overwhelmed or maybe even angry over constant steam messages. While I know that being kind of BK Admin, I have to expect some pressure, but when I was bombarded by CoH messages five times a day and night, its a bit too much. Plus it was always one side telling me - this is OP, and it should be that way and another side, omgwtf, don't listen to xyz, its completely fine, this is OP and it should be different. Also game invites, I was getting a lot of them, when I want to play, I usually find the game myself, or invite people myself, not only because I am not in the mood, but because I have plenty of mod files / scar scripts etc. in the game and I would have to clean it, then I forget what I was doing etc., so thats why you don't see me play often. I think MarKr is kind of getting a lot of this instead of me, so ... be easy on him :) which brings me to the next thing

I hope that markr didnt pass everything to you which i wrote with him oO. Anyway, i somehow feel happy now not to be one of those who spammed you:P

ok ;)
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 16 Jul 2015, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Butterkeks wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:And why do you think its a strange idea with that clan?

Shortly in german because it's more easy :P

"Fucking outstanding" heißt so viel wie "eine verdammt geile Idee" ;)

So it basically means that I love the idea of having that clan to teach new players ^^

Yea warhawks is dumb idk where he saw that at lolol but thankyou butter i reallly really appreciate that comment. But honestly i couldnt have done it with kwok, it was his idea afterall. I remember the day he said "shadow, we should make a camp for noobs.. bk noob camp". Lolol

@wolf
I still plan to donate, which shud be this friday when i get payed.. oh and please rest assured we never tell players how to play or thats shouldnt be used etc. But we do give them ideas of how we play and how they can integrate that into their own strategy.

@war
Haha you talked about being suprised by "noobs" i was really suprised the other day by a player named Henu. He was outstanding for being relatively new.. got highest score, but he had trouble with keeping his blobs away as inf doc. But yea ive seen newish players impress me alot and i totally sympthaize with u on how some new players act like they never played a strat game before.. i mean if you guys really wanna see what me and warhawks are talking about then watch that 2v4 luft doc replay i put up..

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Thanks for the response, Wolf.

I hope it doesn't offend you in any way, I'm just a cautious guy with a finance degree and morals: Can I ask where/how the donations are used/distributed? Are they dispersed equally among devs? Is there a break down on how the money is split? Does it go directly to dev pockets? Is used for the mod or dev personal use (I'm not against personal use, just want to know for the sake of spending transparency)?

I just want to make sure the money is used in justice.

Also on the topic of clan support, it's great to hear the devs are enthusiastic to help promote clans. I had a few ideas and was really hoping to get some help. Haha, in fact our clan is basically meant to promote the mod, indirectly the devs. Great to know, hopefully we can talk about working things out together and make things more enjoyable for you? For now, those ideas are put on hold until I can get my shit together and work out the admin stuff for BKNC...
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

kwok wrote:Currently there are 4206 posts on the BK1 board. .

yeah and 1/4 of those are from Warhauks and his crappy suggestions that have killed this mod. this forum is not a forum it's Warhauks blog page

congrats

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:

yeah and 1/4 of those are from Warhauks and his crappy suggestions that have killed this mod. this forum is not a forum it's Warhauks blog page

congrats

well, nobody else makes any kind of suggestions. Not all of them are created by me, just some. Others i just picked up during talks with players, in game conversations and TS talks etc. When players had own suggestions and ideas i often tried to push them to publish them by their own. I sometimes waited 4 days and asked them again but they had often been a bit too "scary" to get punished by anyone. So either i simply introduced their ideas or took them over completely, sometimes they even asked me to bring something up in the forum.

Also i think twice or so ive been too busy for like a week to do any larger posts here during those weeks. Once it got pretty "silent" and in like 4 days or more nobody made any post or suggetions here (you neiter). I got then even asked in steam whats up in the forum coz it was so silent. Thing is i have lots of ideas for just everyhting in bk (including ideas for interesting doc ideas of which Tiger told me that he likes them even but that i should keep them for me untill BK 2 is out and which i havent published yet in form).

Also by far not all suggestions got introduced, only those which found greater acceptance and support, so how exactly can pure suggestions kill a mod? I am curious.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Warhawks97 wrote:
lunarwolf wrote:

congrats

well, nobody else makes any kind of suggestions. Not all of them are created by me, just some. Others i just picked up during talks with players, in game conversations and TS talks etc. When players had own suggestions and ideas i often tried to push them to publish them by their own. I sometimes waited 4 days and asked them again but they had often been a bit too "scary" to get punished by anyone. So either i simply introduced their ideas or took them over completely, sometimes they even asked me to bring something up in the forum.

Also i think twice or so ive been too busy for like a week to do any larger posts here during those weeks. Once it got pretty "silent" and in like 4 days or more nobody made any post or suggetions here (you neiter). I got then even asked in steam whats up in the forum coz it was so silent. Thing is i have lots of ideas for just everyhting in bk (including ideas for interesting doc ideas of which Tiger told me that he likes them even but that i should keep them for me untill BK 2 is out and which i havent published yet in form).

Also by far not all suggestions got introduced, only those which found greater acceptance and support, so how exactly can pure suggestions kill a mod? I am curious.

Exactly.. even i was scared to come to forums, until only recently i became active.

And another point: we are here for discussion, we do not ultimately decide whats gonna happen thats totally up to the devs.

I think you are honestly mad bc you dont have the right skill to play this strategy game so you blame it all on the community patches and people such as warhawks. Obviously you still care bc you came back here, but no ones gonna listen to any whining. How about you act like an adult and learn diflgnity, respect, and that youre not always in control. Finally realize that "hey, maybe it really is my fault i lost.."