Direct Fire Control, shooting delay.

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
F4lco

Direct Fire Control, shooting delay.

Post by F4lco »

Hi everyone.
This is my first post :) (Sorry for bad english)

Anyway, i'm here to ask you about the Direct Fire Control.
The problem is, when the cannon is aligned to the sight and this one is completely red (ready to fire) and then you press fire button, the tank don't shoot immediately like in Tales of Valor campaign, but it take 1 or 2 second to shoot, and it's realy inaccurate.

Is this a bug or it is deliberately?

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Direct Fire Control, shooting delay.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Nice to see that finally someone is reporting such kind of bugs. I guess u have firstly checked the bugs section to see if there were any old topics about it whether not.. however that u found absolutely nothing, right?! Well; but u really can't imagine how many big threads I had with MarKr privately about this ^^ So for sure the devs are already knowing about it. He was 'and actually still' paying huge efforts in order to solve it ;)
It seem to be a lot much more complicated than just that even... I really must thank u for posting this topic anyways!!
Yet not sure if it could be hopefully fixed with the next patch maybe :\ And ur English is not that bad btw! :P

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I guess I know what causes the DF delay...you see every weapon has some timers set such as "aim time" (delay before it fires), "after shot delay" (delay after the shot after which reloading happens)...quite a few of them... For the tank "auto-fire" (without DF) it works fine but in the DF it causes the delay. However these changes cannot be tweaked by modifiers which means that to solve this, I would need to bring back the "weapon swap" system which caused the "double shot" bug in the first place.

However it seems there could be a solution which is not pefect but relatively OK. I could set the DF weapon file to "Reload" the weapon after it is swapped. That would fix the delay and prevent the double shooting bug however after turning the DF on, the reload sequence would always start.
In praxis that would mean that every time you turn on DF the reload would happen before you can fire the first shot.

I consider this quite an acceptable solution since you can turn on the DF before an engagement and thus bring the impact of the change down to 0. However this will require to mod a lot of files so I want to to know first if this solution is acceptable for you guys...I would hate to do all the work only hear something like "WTF?!? After I turn on the DF the gun reloads????" immediately after patch release :D

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm... Sounds like a good idea but.. I do have some questions! What would happen if I close or when I deactivate the DF ability?! Are the tanks going to also begin the reloading sequence by their own in the normal auto firing mode once again?!?!?!
If it's going to reload 'from the zero point' again in its own auto firing mode then this is nasty to be honest o.O While if it's going to be ready to shoot on the other hand then this won't be much better yet! Because it might cause a double shooting again but in a different method this time than the other of old times as it's going to be like this way:-
Last shot to be fired in the DF mode will be rapidly followed by another one in the auto firing mode once deactivating the DF... Unless if it's going to continue its previous auto fire mode reload sequence which I interrupted by activating the DF mode>>>
Well on this last mentioned case, only then I could say figuratively 'okay' to this solution if it's going also not to delay the shooting orders any longer.. although it's adding more kind of 'frequent unnecessary times of reloading' :P However that I can avoid this by letting my tank to give its first shot then quickly use the DF after it if I wanted.
But, I think u really must speak with Wolf about it and to also test it very well while putting enough expectations on all the possible aspects that may cause problems later before managing to implement it anyhow!

F4lco

Post by F4lco »

MarKr wrote:I guess I know what causes the DF delay...you see every weapon has some timers set such as "aim time" (delay before it fires), "after shot delay" (delay after the shot after which reloading happens)...quite a few of them... For the tank "auto-fire" (without DF) it works fine but in the DF it causes the delay. However these changes cannot be tweaked by modifiers which means that to solve this, I would need to bring back the "weapon swap" system which caused the "double shot" bug in the first place.

However it seems there could be a solution which is not pefect but relatively OK. I could set the DF weapon file to "Reload" the weapon after it is swapped. That would fix the delay and prevent the double shooting bug however after turning the DF on, the reload sequence would always start.
In praxis that would mean that every time you turn on DF the reload would happen before you can fire the first shot.

I consider this quite an acceptable solution since you can turn on the DF before an engagement and thus bring the impact of the change down to 0. However this will require to mod a lot of files so I want to to know first if this solution is acceptable for you guys...I would hate to do all the work only hear something like "WTF?!? After I turn on the DF the gun reloads????" immediately after patch release :D

I'm glad to see that someone are interested in this "problem" :)

Anyway, if i understood correctly, you can remove the DF's shoot delay, but doing this when someone activates the DF the tank recharge although it is ready to shoot.
It that right?
If it is, i think this is a good compromise. We can active the DF after the tank has fired automatically and don't use it during a fight.
Also because DF give some advantage on the battlefield.
Right now DF it's useless.

If you want i can test it, I play everyday with my friend, Just tell me ;)

Krieger Blitzer

No, no need really for this idea! ^^ As that more likely I guess I found where the correct solution of this problem could be exactly is actually by my own.. I also hinted MarKr about it already ;) So I think no worries at all... :P Just be happy :D