Inspiring for perfection!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Inspiring for perfection!

Post by MarKr »

I think the Croc is having of destroying enemy tanks engine using flames; if this ability is currently requiring Vet 2 then it should require Vet1

TBH the Croc's ability to burn opponent's engine is imo one of the most pointless abilities in the game - the flamethrower destroys engines on its own even without the ability so why should a player pay ammo for something that can/will be done anyway for free... Or maybe I've missed something that makes this ability stand out?

Wake

Post by Wake »

I agree with all of these points, Tiger has done a good job, except for a few major ones.

30) About the handheld AT weapons

Volks should no longer need to buy a PanzerFaust upgrades

What the fuck? One of your suggestions is to give FREE panzerfaust upgrades to all Volks? Do you know what this will do? Holy shit! You know the panzerfaust NEVER bounces from ANY tanks, is capable of 1-shotting anything up to a sherman, can kill shermans in 2 hits, and pershings in 4? It only costs 35 munition to use! This makes the cheapest Wehrmacht infantry squad a serious threat to all allied armor. Can you imagine late game? If this were in the mod, I would just spam volksgrenadiers all around the map. They have 6 guys to lose, and all you need is 1 to fire the panzerfaust. And who cares if they die? The squad costs 265 MP. That's just slightly more than a US rifle squad. I would treat them as suicide soldiers, running at enemy tanks to fire panzerfausts for cheap. It doesn't matter what enemy tanks there are, the panzerfausts can destroy them all! This would turn volks into super cheap 6-man AT squads.

But yes, I do agree with removing the panzerfaust 100 - the one that the Gebirgsjaegers get. Tiger said earlier that this weapon has the same range as a tank, which is quite true. It's got more range than a panzershreck.

I disagree about the 101st. They need to get 2 recoiless rifles, because one isn't enough to destroy any sort of armored vehicle. 2 isn't enough to destroy a tank. One will mean all you need is a 20mm puma, or even a scout car to kill the entire 101st squad.

The point about changing the US infantry doc, saying that the cheaper production is OP... Total BS. Warhawks made a really good point about this, you need 8 CP to get the cheaper infantry. This means no artillery, no jumbo 75 sherman, no CQB squad. I've said it before, a single MG42 stops an entire American infantry division. Riflemen are practically useless in late-game. They get ripped to shreds by heavy axis units unless they're sitting in a trench with 2 BARs. And also, playing allies and especially US infantry doc is probably the hardest thing to do in the game, because if a player actually wants to spam super-cheap squads, he has to have some serious micro-management skills. Trying to move around 10 squads at once, like Warhawks said, is very hard. You have to control retreating individual ones, which squads to flank, which to go in cover, and honestly you can stop them all with one MG42 or lockdowned scout car.

There were some issues I supported though. I do support removing the BAR insta-pin ability though, that's kind of OP. I also support moving the combat engineers to armor doc. I honestly believe that combat engineers are OP, because they come out at the start of the game with 6 grease guns that can just mow down the helpless axis infantry who just have bolt-action k98s.

37) US 76mm AT gun price to be increased to 330 MP exactly as the Axis 75mm AT gun instead of currently only 300!! Sometimes it only 2 shots a Tiger in a row while it's obviously spammable so bad...

I disagree.

38) PE HQ PanzerGrens cost to be reduced to 340MP.

Why? This squad is very good, and I play PE all the time. They are incredibly versatile. They can build all sorts of things, including defenses, base buildings, and trenches, plus they can repair, they also get VERY good AT grenades, and can be upgraded with better long-range weapons.

26) PE Scout Car logistic upgrade which allows it to be set on a captured point while gaining impressive pinning power, to cost 100MP instead currently of only 25.

Here is one that I support, but a lot of people are against. Warhawks said that it would cost 400 MP and 10 fuel for PE to secure one point, but they're not simply putting an observation post on a sector. They are putting a bulletproof ultra-MG42 with 360 degree long range coverage on the point, in addition to more resources. This lockdown ability is a steal because of its incredibly low price. The scout car in lockdown mode insta-pins ANY infantry, which is better than an MG42. Note that the normal MG42 costs 350 MP and 30 munition. You also get 360 degree coverage, and it cannot be sniped, and if there is an AT threat, often the scout car can pack up and just drive away. That's much better than an MG42, and it also gives more resources.
Last edited by Wake on 26 May 2015, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@MarKr; maybe...

@Wake;

-Wait wait.. did I say Volks will get the PanzerFaust for free anywhere???!!! o.O On the contrary!!! I am here concentrating on reducing the frontal rushes into tanks using inf as much as possible... That's even why I mentioned to remove the PanzerFaust100 as well as for the AB 101st squad packages to have a single Recoilless also on the other hand which is something even Shadow agreed on. Because some players are using AB in a different method by collecting 6 RLs with a single 101 unit! Which is purely anti the game principles exactly like the 6 Johnsons in the past.

So; The normal PanzerFaust60 for Volks is NOT GOING TO REQUIRE AN UPGRADE! Does this anyhow mean it's going to be for free???!!! It's still costing 35 ammo!!

-PanzerFaust60 doesn't have long range, plus that Volks are easy to kill and yet not cheaper than Rifles!!!!!!! Specifically after those Inf doc items are unlocked as that then they will cost only 175MP. Rangers 270 o.O AT teams 252 with 3 Zookas O_O Zooka upgrade costing only 45 ammo!!!!!! No wonder why the Inf doc player's score usually (significantly through 1v1s) is like 200 kills\400 loses but yet the winner.

However that I am not asking to nerf the Inf doc here!! I am just asking for the Inf doc AT teams to lose the option of buying a third Bazooka.. is this is too much??!! Pz4s always need Ostwinds beside them in order to protect them from frontal rushes by bazookas, while HE Shermans are not costing even the same of an Ostwind although that still they are a lot much harder to frontal rush them using Schrecks as that the Sherman will quickly suppress and kill those AT squads.

-All PE squads are already too expensive.. meanwhile this is only a very slight cost reduction!
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 25 May 2015, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

@Hawks
Usa command vehicle have no passive bonuses as far as i know. My point is that Aces will be very usefull in groups with other tanks, like Persh Ace with 3 E8, which will give them significant buff to accuracy and rof, for Church ace that will be super cool and usefull, because RE supposed to push with lots of different armored stuff. As you said about Tiger ace "With 2 panters and blitzkrieg ability" is total bullshit and will never occure in game, but will make sense to use Tiger Ace together with pz4 or ostwinds.

I think its a brilliant idea honestly, moreover we all know that Ace crews were great instrument of propohanda in ww2, they greatly isnpired friendly troops.

Maybe also some bonuses to nearby infantry.

I mean that will really make Aces cool and worthy, not "1 army super unit" like in old times and not like "Ace, but more shitty than normal tank because its only for MP" as currently.

Krieger Blitzer

But u really don't need that, as that Aces (according to my suggestions about tanks) will become more useful already! The Tiger Ace this way will have accurate long shot by default.. as well as for the PAce as it will have the rapid shot by default... Yet without Vetting them up again being invincible.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

37) US 76mm AT gun price to be increased to 330 MP exactly as the Axis 75mm AT gun instead of currently only 300!! Sometimes it only 2 shots a Tiger in a row while it's obviously spammable so bad...

It could be reasonable ... if the 76 AT gun was able to perform as well as the pak 40. I presume people Like warkhawk would gladly pay 30 more mp in these conditions.
at very long range for exemple basic pen chance for a M5 76 mm at vs a tiger is around 29%. In same condition pak 40 chance vs a Pershing is 45%.
If target table was technically correct, anyway, at usual cbt distance, long and distant, M5 suffer a 10% (imo unfair) penality for distance discrease penatration power. 10% is also the price dif. not to speak about relaod time for M5 is min 7 sec - max 7 sec. Pak 40 is min 4.28 - max 5.45. Last because of TT weakness it s more useful for germans to capture a m5 than for allies to capture a pak 40.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Tiger1996 wrote:So; The normal PanzerFaust60 for Volks is NOT GOING TO REQUIRE AN UPGRADE! Does this anyhow mean it's going to be for free???!!! It's still costing 35 ammo!!

35 munition is cheap!

You know the ability-activated bazooka that the inf doc CQB squad gets? That costs 35 munition. The panzerfaust costs 35 munition. Removing the panzerfaust upgrade requirement would be just the same as giving every single riflemen squad this bazooka ability. Can you imagine that? Except it's not even this, as the panzerfaust is better than the activated bazooka ability. It NEVER bounces from anything and it NEVER misses. Doing this would mean that all I need is 2 simple volks squads and I can scare away a sherman. I can even scare away a Jumbo or a super pershing, because the panzerfaust never bounces. And who cares if the volks die? They are cheap to build and reinforce. Enemy tanks would have to be constantly backing away for fear of death... from just a volks squad, the most basic Wehrmacht infantry combat unit.

It would be even worse on maps with buildings. I stick my volks squad inside a house, and no enemy vehicle would dare approach it.

To put it in the opposite perspective, if all the riflemen had the bazooka ability, I wouldn't care about early axis vehicles. I would just put my riflemen in cover, and enemy vehicles have to stay away, or they will be destroyed.

I use the riflemen comparison because the difference between riflemen cost and volks cost is only 25 MP. I think this no-panzerfaust-upgrade is a bad idea. It turns the 2nd Wehrmacht unit and the cheapest Axis combat squad into deadly AT infantry.

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm... I think u r exaggerating a bit about it ^^ However that PanzerFausts were common during the ww2, over 6 million pieces were produced actually! While in Bk mod.. only 3 single Axis inf units are having it!!! PanzerFaust60 isn't really a problem mate!! Since that it doesn't have a crazy range unlike the PanzerFaust100! And btw, it still misses rarely sometimes by hitting objects. But tell me, where is the sense of buying a 50 ammo upgrade in order to be hopefully able later after it to fire a PanzerFaust60 for another 35 ammo? o.O No one would ever think of or even manage to do so specifically through standard res games. I would even rather removing this PanzerFaust entirely then from this squad! Also, sometimes u will notice that there is a dropped PanzerFaust on the ground.. occupying 1 slot if u grab it but yet unable to be used by ur squad!!! Which is a bug that would be surely fixed if we remove this upgrade.

Anyways; I am not really holding aggressive on this specific suggestion certainly. Though that still I think I do have a point!

Edit:- Why can't both the AB spotters and the CW Arty doc spotters capture points btw???

The Brits spotter is also able to use scopes.. while the AB ones can't!!! o.O Is it probably hard to be coded or what?!

Edit 2:- One of the Bren carrier upgrades.. is to replace the Bren with a Vickers instead, but why can no longer transport troops?? It's not adding an additional one like in the past!!! So why can't transport? ^^

Sukin-kot (SVT)

+ achiles should have no auto fire mode while in camo
+ round on the ground when using Henchel overwatch or Thunderbolt patrool shouldnt be visible for enemies

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:+ achiles should have no auto fire mode while in camo
+ round on the ground when using Henchel overwatch or Thunderbolt patrool shouldnt be visible for enemies

What you mean with no auto fire? You mean achilles hasnt "hold fire" while on ambush like other ambush units?

and i agree to the circle on the ground that indicates the target area for the enemie. It should not be visible.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Yep, hold fire.

Krieger Blitzer

The so called sabotage ability as well... X_X Costing no ammo at all, exactly like booby traps!!! o.O

Edit:-
But btw.. I really think that Churchills are generally fine as they are currently now... They are not expensive, early available and are still able to stand a lof of 75mm Pak shells. Sometimes they bounce off few Tiger's 88mm gun shells too since the latest modifications on them at 486!
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 26 May 2015, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:The so called sabotage ability as well... X_X Costing no ammo at all, exactly like booby traps!!! o.O

Luftwaffe has to make the territory neutral before they can do sabotage and pays 35 ammo when doing so. SE simply sabotage for free.

What i want to add: The Sector arty from PE SE shouldnt be possible to be activated in enemie territroy. The Ability is lasting 120 seconds (2 mins) and snipes all units in that territory. Means it just needs a reccon and 200 ammo to force the enemie to leave his own territory for 2 mins! Access completely denied for 2 mins.

It should only work on friendly territory like in vcoh as this ailities purpose is clearly to stop the enemie advances and to hold them away from your own territory. But currently it sucks. Activated on enemie territory it snipes out the first unit instantly.

So only possible to be activated on own territory to keep the enemie away and to prevent capturing for a long time. But then it should also shoot enemie paks (which is currently not the case and which looks like a bug).

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:Luftwaffe has to make the territory neutral before they can do sabotage and pays 35 ammo when doing so. SE simply sabotage for free.

What i want to add: The Sector arty from PE SE shouldnt be possible to be activated in enemie territroy. The Ability is lasting 120 seconds (2 mins) and snipes all units in that territory. Means it just needs a reccon and 200 ammo to force the enemie to leave his own territory for 2 mins! Access completely denied for 2 mins.

It should only work on friendly territory like in vcoh as this ailities purpose is clearly to stop the enemie advances and to hold them away from your own territory. But currently it sucks. Activated on enemie territory it snipes out the first unit instantly.

So only possible to be activated on own territory to keep the enemie away and to prevent capturing for a long time. But then it should also shoot enemie paks (which is currently not the case and which looks like a bug).

Agreed.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

About the Messerscmitt DMZ and Beefy made one for COH, so its pretty easy to get one In case...

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Yes different from original BF 109 bk use up to the 4.0. Me 109 could be use as light bomber like it was in up to the 4.0, instead of stuka. However it cant, imo be a credible heavy to replace FW 190.

Krieger Blitzer

Tiger1996 wrote:*Low priority*
15) There are still few minor sound bugs actually.. there is no a Dingo explosion sound, also... Both the PE Assault Pioneers and the SS squad (The one with a sniper guy.) have no voice acting sound! Wondering if it would be possible to add for the Pioneer one a WH Pioneer acting voice?! As well as for the SS squad a WH Storms acting voice?! Just like the same way u actually added a British lieutenant acting voice for the US Captain ^^
-One more thing... The Luft's air dropped pioneering unit's lonely MP44 which is with the squad leader himself.. is giving or having mixed sounds from time to time with an non existing FG42!

Btw, I must say that this sound bug with both the PE Assault Pioneers as well as the PE SS squad.. will be somehow no longer and not anymore represented actually when using those files!! ;)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=541&view=unread#unread

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

your post in a bit too long, imo.

come back to subject. Why do you want to remove BAR suppression ?

I will make me answer more clear. Why do you want to remove bar suppression and at the same time why dont you ask the same thing for G43 ?

You thing bar is not powerful enough to have an automatic suppression I presume ? or it s a kind of it s not realistic or it s not historical ?

Like I m not really a pvp : my secondary question would be : did bar suppression cause a balance problem the G43 dont ?

I just remind you if you want to push perfectionist and/or historical accuracy, you can also ask fallschirmjager will no more be paradrop (that will include paradrop reinforcement). really FJ were normal ground troops since 1941 and crete operation.
FG 42 would be a semi automatic like m1 garand with a 20 ammo clip. It was unsuitable for full auto fire.
Of course it would break balance and doom Pe Luftwaffe.

Come back real subject. What is, in game, the real problem with bar suppression option... From a true game point of view, with gameplay and balance > to weapon historical efficiency ?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Jalis wrote:...
FG 42 would be a semi automatic like m1 garand with a 20 ammo clip. It was unsuitable for full auto fire.

It is mistake opinion. FG42 has a semiautomatic fire with "closed" bolt for more accuracy and automatic fire from the "open" bolt.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

XAHTEP39 wrote:
Jalis wrote:...

It is mistake opinion. FG42 has a semiautomatic fire with "closed" bolt for more accuracy and automatic fire from the "open" bolt.

thats true, just wanted to say. The FG42 had this option and it was possible to use Bipod on it as well (like an lmg) but also Gunsights and scopes that could made it possible to be even used as Marksman rifle to a certain degree. This weapon had to fill several roles during air opertations. The only unreal thing is that luftwaffe units are paradropped anymore after crete (esspecially engineers and gebirgs as those got never airdropped except in italy once but over friendly territory) and that the FG42 is standard weapon as the production of this weapon was limited (7500 build only) since hitler refused further paradrop operations after crete and so this weapon became obsolete (no need of multipurpose weapon anymore) and the stg44 was more than enough for further missions but much cheaper to produce.

The other unreal thing is that the stg seems to have a higher rof as the FG42 which is not correct. The Fg42 had a higher rof as the stg44.

Krieger Blitzer

@Jalis;
Simply I said it... Only 2 Bars are enough to instantly suppress or pin even Vetted Storms while grabbing MG42s or 34s and MP44s!!! Bars suppression ability should be then removed in order; However that btw they should be still able to suppress enemy units only if there were enough of them firing at a single enemy squad.. exactly like MP44s currently and M1 Grands beside some few more other 'high rate of fire' weapons, as that those weapons seem to be already having an automatic suppression input without being in need for any kind of abilities if were too many firing all on the same time at a single target!! Which is something a lot of player aren't aware of.

G43s do have a stunning ability that just slows down the movement speed of enemy soldiers, is it similar to the suppression one?! Hmm.. idk to be honest.
But is this stunning ability also available for the Gebirgs anyways to also use it I wonder?

Plz don't compare Bars with FG42s!!! Riflemen and AB 101st units are very cheap unlike FJs... Plus that FJs are limited to only 2 squads, and they seem to be having low HP as well as weak resistance to enemy fire. Don't forget that Brens are deadly too!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:@Jalis;
Simply I said it... Only 2 Bars are enough to instantly suppress or pin even Vetted Storms while grabbing MG42s or 34s and MP44s!!! Bars suppression ability should be then removed in order; However that btw they should be still able to suppress enemy units only if there were enough of them firing at a single enemy squad.. exactly like MP44s currently and M1 Grands beside some few more other 'high rate of fire' weapons, as that those weapons seem to be already having an automatic suppression input without being in need for any kind of abilities if were too many firing all on the same time at a single target!! Which is something a lot of player aren't aware of.

G43s do have a stunning ability that just slows down the movement speed of enemy soldiers, is it similar to the suppression one?! Hmm.. idk to be honest.
But is this stunning ability also available for the Gebirgs anyways to also use it I wonder?

Plz don't compare Bars with FG42s!!! Riflemen and AB 101st units are very cheap unlike FJs... Plus that FJs are limited to only 2 squads, and they seem to be having low HP as well as weak resistance to enemy fire. Don't forget that Brens are deadly too!

this "stunning" or "slow down" ability is crap. It remains from vcoh but even there it got changed into suppression ability. It suppresses (and slows down) the target squad and i think it should work that way in BK as well. Also "slowing down" the enemie unit doesnt reduces it fighting capabilities while suppressing reduces afaik the rof and accuracy (but not sure). So this "slowing down" is nonsense and should be removed or changed into suppressive fire against a certain enemie squad.

Krieger Blitzer

Tiger1996 wrote:But is this stunning ability also available for the Gebirgs anyways to also use it I wonder?

Meh... I just checked it and found out that actually they can't use the same ability although that some members of them do even have scopes on their G43s! Unlike the HQ Pz Grens and the Assault Grens... But I guess there is no place to set the ability there o.O The unit's ability box completely is already filled up with other important abilities X_X
And btw; the scopes will be more logic if they would be on some FG42s and not on some G43s :P The SE sniper should be the only one who does have a scope on his G43 rifle! I mean that few FJ members should have scopes on their FG42s but absolutely no any Gebirgs member should have these scopes on his G43..

But alright, alright... Here is what I suggest considering this:-
Totally remove this stunning ability as well as Bars suppression and don't replace any of them with anything ^^ But then paying 50 ammo in order to buy G43s would be nonsense.. and so I think that the HQ Pz Grens should then have 3 G43s equipped by default. Also, about 2 to be equipped for the PE Assault Grens again by default... And now finally to remove this weapon upgrading option from both or all units that can have it as an upgrade! I mean that; this weapon should be no more upgradable. And just some members of these units to have it grabbed by default instead!!

Also... I forgot to mention about 2 more matters here!
-The PE Panzer factories through some doctrines do still have their upgraded production levels to be paid for absolutely nothing to gain! Kind of a bug. Same with the US tank depot if not mistaken while using the AB doc... 2nd level production upgrade is there just for nothing!!
-The AT Panzerwurfmine grenade price should be increased from 20 to 30 ammo at least. They are available to be used there by default for several units and also freaky of course.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:But is this stunning ability also available for the Gebirgs anyways to also use it I wonder?

Meh... I just checked it and found out that actually they can't use the same ability although that some members of them do even have scopes on their G43s! Unlike the HQ Pz Grens and the Assault Grens... But I guess there is no place to set the ability there o.O The unit's ability box completely is already filled up with other important abilities X_X
And btw; the scopes will be more logic if they would be on some FG42s and not on some G43s :P The SE sniper should be the only one who does have a scope on his G43 rifle! I mean that few FJ members should have scopes on their FG42s but absolutely no any Gebirgs member should have these scopes on his G43..

But alright, alright... Here is what I suggest considering this:-
Totally remove this ability and don't replace it with anything ^^ But then paying 50 ammo in order to buy G43s would be nonsense.. and so I think that the the HQ Pz Grens should then have 3 G43s equipped by default. Also, about 2 to be equipped for the PE Assault Grens again by default... And now finally to remove this weapon upgrading option from both or all units that have it! I mean that; this weapon should be no more upgradable. And just some members of these units to have it grabbed by default instead!!

Also... I forgot to mention about 2 more matters here!
-The PE Panzer factories through some doctrines do still have their upgraded production levels to be paid for absolutely nothing to gain! Kind of a bug. Same with the US tank depot if not mistaken while using the AB doc... 2nd level production upgrade is there just for nothing!!
-The AT Panzerwurfmine grenade price should be increased from 20 to 30 ammo at least. They are available to be used there by default and also freaky of course.

I agree basically with the G43 thing (and yeah, most should have no scope, only snipers). BUT.... the HUGE BUT:D

But the thing is that the damage output of G43 is really high. Jalis once made a list of all rifles and the G43 had a crazy high bullet damage paired with good accuracy. The Accuracy was better than those of M1 (due to scopes i guess) and at max range just slightly worse than K98. That´s ok as this weapon is an upgrade for 50 ammo (although it was a rather cheap weapon from less quality as K98 but introduced to have something to match up with M1 semi fire) or a weapon used by special units like gebirgs. But due to that its unsuited to be equiped by default to starting units (they would bash just everything at any distance and rifles with M1 would get bashed at any distance so far). So making it a starting rifle without scopes it shouldnt be better or not much better as an M1 but thats the case currently. In old forum there was a topic about it by adding cheap unscoped G43 as upgrade for more axis units to increase their mid-long range performence (for cost of like 15-20 ammo) but then being not so superios anymore (esspecially the bullet damage was high as sky iirc).

The assault grens could get a stg by default like stormtoopers. Idk how often a heavy assault Pgren squad can be equied with stgs but afaik two times stg and one lmg42. That means that at the end a 6 men squad would have 4 stgs, 1 lmg and 1 k98 which doesnt really fit then. So giving one stg by default could make it possible to give them 5 stgs with two upgrades and then one lmg.

the PE Tank building upgrades:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=526

its here already.

Edit: AT nades are ok with 20 ammo. Maybe increase to 25 but i think make stickies less expensive to use and its done. 30 is too high (faust cost 35). Stickies 20 per use and 15 for inf doc after cheaper weapon upgrade.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:Edit: AT nades are ok with 20 ammo. Maybe increase to 25 but i think make stickies less expensive to use and its done. 30 is too high (faust cost 35). Stickies 20 per use and 15 for inf doc after cheaper weapon upgrade.

I am ok with it.