The great experiment

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: The great experiment

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I don't really know Major! But somehow I believe it mostly does take effect due to the excellent game physics actually!!!
On this video of mine for example;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL1smrX7fPc

Check exactly at 3:51 on 720p as that the Tiger actually bounced 3 shells:- 1 by Hellcat, 1 by Bazooka and another by Jackson too! I think that this was due to the good angled Tiger as well as the stupid aiming off by the enemy opponent own tank crews... Luckily they hit the strongest point 3 times in a row!!! :D

Also again at 5:35, I think that the Jumbo missed me in a good footage to see honestly.. simply because of my latest rotating move just on the right time using the Tiger! :)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:MoW creators might have managed to achieve some higher level of authenticity but I highly doubt that their work in 100% reflects the reality
Isn't higher better than lower? Is MoW bad just because it's MoW?

MarKr wrote:IF we changed all that stuff to match the MoW we wouldn't get more realistic BK, we would simply get more MoW-like BK .
I'd say that I highly doubt that. How increasing US 76 mm gun effectiveness will make BK more like MoW?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Jalis wrote:
JimQwilleran wrote:Hello!

your results are mostly pertinent and more or less known from dev and a part of the community for a long time. However it will not change ....
----- It s not useful I loose time in vain,

**. Bouncing At bk real bouncing dont exist,

Wonderful, I can quote myself. At the end two pages later nothing news.

The bouncing blabla , angle ect... is for Grossadmiral major.

Jim just made an experiment and found a conclusion valid even MoW is not a Wonder. It just helped to reveal something more or less obvious. He didnt ask for change. He shared with you it s experiment result.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't really know Major! But somehow I believe it mostly does take effect due to the excellent game physics actually!!!

Game might have "excellent" physics but by turning tanks to sides you actually increase the chance of your opponent to score a "rear hit" - rear hits are actually possible even from the front unless your tank is turned directly at the firing gun. Simply said, game detects if the hit lands on the front or rear half of a vehicle. So if you turn your tank into a position that your opponent can hit the rear half of it, you're risking a "rear" hit - those are usually almost sure to penetrate...

Isn't higher better than lower?

Depends on what you're expecting from a game. However, and I mean no offense here, if you are no expert on WWII weaponry, ballistics etc. How can you assess that MoW is closer to the reality? Even if MoW was closer to reality then making BK as close to MoW as possible will only get us closer to BK being more MoW-like. Also I have no idea what engine MoW uses but the mechanics are very likely veeeery different and that fact alone makes any attempt of making the games similar nigh impossible.

Is MoW bad just because it's MoW?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never said MoW is bad. I've never played that game so I cannot judge it. I only said that tweaking BK by the MoW standards could theoretically give you MoW-like experience from BK gameplay. I guess you have to admit that if you want MoW-like experinece, you would play MoW :D.

I'd say that I highly doubt that. How increasing US 76 mm gun effectiveness will make BK more like MoW?

It won't but your results were not about US 76mm but about guns of all kinds. How am I suppoesed to know from that that you wanted to suggest that US 76mm guns could use a rework :D
You also need to see the bigger picture - BK is currently kinda working well. Let's say we adjust US 76mm by MoW, if we ignore the fact that MoW uses a different distance meassuring which alone would make the adaptation quite hard, the effectiveness of several US tanks and one AT gun will go up. Should we increase effectivity without touching prices? If we do that then US armor doc will be capable of spamming quite a huge number of cheap but relativelly effective tanks (Sherman 76W/ E8/ Jumbo). Along with the "War machinery" ability (an instant replacement of lost tanks) why would you ever build Jacks or Pershings. But that is just basic effectiveness, with Veterancy, they become more effective and you can also put in Tank commanders...

I don't mean to diminish the work and time you put into the testing. I'm just saying that MoW is one game and BK is a completely different game - each works on a different inner mechanic and engine and thus saying "In THIS game things are like this so they should be like that also in THAT game." simply cannot work.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

You are right. I have nothing more to say ;).