General Questions

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
ghostroninboom

General Questions

Post by ghostroninboom »

Hi All-

I have some basic questions about how things work in the game:

1. Engineers can only cut barbed wire, but they can't cut sandbags. How do you get thru sandbags that block access without using a vehicle to bulldoze thru?

2. How to avoid booby trapped strategic points? They seem to be more effective in the latest patch, killing off entire squads as opposed to 1 or 2 men. I equipped some engineers with mine detectors and they are unable to detect and clear the booby trap. So, is it intended that if a point is booby trapped you have to micro your squad to avoid getting killed, (ie: cap the point, quickly move away to avoid getting killed, booby trap goes off, recap the point)? In my opinion, this could be something that engineers with mine detectors should be able to clear.

Thanks,

Ghost

QWERTYAndreas

Re: General Questions

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

You can Dodge a boobytrap by moving the squad over the flag, to the opposite site. Then continue to cap.

mg42slo

Post by mg42slo »

Booby traps are constructed in a way that mine sweepers wont do you any good, but rather activate them.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Is this really a CoH2 question ?

ghostroninboom

Post by ghostroninboom »

Wolf - Apologies, should be listed under COH, not COH2.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

K, moved.

HaryPL
Team Member

Post by HaryPL »

@Sandbags - use explosives, the heavier the better though even grenades should do the trick. You can also try to force attack on them with AT launchers and AT guns, that will work swiftly.

@Booby traps - approach the flag, trigger the trap by attempting to capture then immediately (there's a sound) sprint away from flag. Wait till trap goes boom, get back to flag and cap it.
Bravery doesn't meant that You are not afraid. It means that You go there anyway.

Never argue with an Idiot. He’ll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

HaryPL wrote:@Booby traps - approach the flag, trigger the trap by attempting to capture then immediately (there's a sound) sprint away from flag. Wait till trap goes boom, get back to flag and cap it.

I do so but it doesnt work really. Sometimes the entire squad dies even when you run away. At least one or two gonna die even when they run away immediatly (even when activating retreat).
Build more AA Walderschmidt