Bren carrier Question

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Bren carrier Question

Post by Warhawks97 »

Is this vehicle now bulletproof or not?

I think you made it bulletproof and it was bulletproof so far but now i hunted and destroyed it again with a scout vehicle and it took just like 4-6 bursts to kill it.

Intended? patch fail? bugged?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Re: Bren carrier Question

Post by JimQwilleran »

It's bulletproof vs small-arms of soldiers, it even can hold HMG42 fire, but vs PE Scout car it behaves like a jeep, it dies in few seconds. I think it is a bug, but well, all we can do is just talk.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Infantry small arms should have veeeeeeeery low penetration chance (about 0.0001%) so against them it is bullet proof. I think that MG42s have also low chances of penetration (about 10% or even less). However an MG42 fires quite a lot of bullets in a burst so sometimes they do penetrate but Bren Carrier usually destroys the MG team/ schwimm/whatever before they manage to take it out.

I'll check the scout car weapon. It is possible that we forgot to adjust it.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

You should check the whole car, because it's opppppppppppp...

lunarwolf wrote:
JimQwilleran wrote:
having an infantry decimator that can quickly outflank AT guns very easily at the start of the game caused huge balance issues.

Yeeea that doesn't sound like PE scout car at all xD...

give me a break. scout car takes time to kill AT guns, just like a jeep - that wasp 1st edition could instantly burn AT crew before it could fire a shot. 30 cal jeep is like scout car now and doesn't need logistic center and costs 0 fuel, so what the hell are you complaining about. also jeep are repaired by engineers in no time, it takes panzer grens lot longer to repair a scout car.

if you can't handle scout cars, then you need to rethink your build order. lol scout cars have been in game since vCoh yet I have never seen as much bitching about it as I have on these forums

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

JimQwilleran wrote:You should check the whole car, because it's opppppppppppp...

/sigh scout car has been in game since vCoh. many early counters exist. AT squad never miss it w/ their heat seeking missiles :p

Wake

Post by Wake »

vCoH scout car was not bulletproof and would lose to riflemen in heavy cover.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Wake wrote:vCoH scout car was not bulletproof and would lose to riflemen in heavy cover.

oh then u should love flak bouncing off jeeps.

when was the last time you killed a jeep w/ volks' small armed fire (not w/ panzerfaust)? love to see that replay

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:
Wake wrote:vCoH scout car was not bulletproof and would lose to riflemen in heavy cover.

oh then u should love flak bouncing off jeeps.

when was the last time you killed a jeep w/ volks' small armed fire (not w/ panzerfaust)? love to see that replay

green cover. Or simply combined fire of pios and volks. Booth can build sandbags in early game which is quite usefull against anything the enemie shoots at you.

Also scout cars are not always hit by paks oO. and even if the stand a shot smetimes without any crit. Also yeah, its since vcoh and even for just 220 mp there but is beaten by rifles when those stay in cover or simply by the massed fire or early US rifle spam+jeep.

which jeeps bounces 20 mm? the armored AB jeep? it comes a way later.

But anway thats a bit off topic. I asked because the bren carrier got just as bulletproof as the PE scout vehicle, however, in the last game it got penetrated easily by scout vehicles mg42 and idk why.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Confirmed (each bullet has about 60% penetration chance against Bren Carrier) - we forgot to change Scout Car's weapon when making Bren Carrier bullet proof. Will be fixed.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:Confirmed (each bullet has about 60% penetration chance against Bren Carrier) - we forgot to change Scout Car's weapon when making Bren Carrier bullet proof. Will be fixed.
Nice to hear! Ha ha!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Confirmed (each bullet has about 60% penetration chance against Bren Carrier) - we forgot to change Scout Car's weapon when making Bren Carrier bullet proof. Will be fixed.

thx.

Two bugs found in 2-3 days:P my rate is good or?:D

edit: Also check coaxial Mg42´s armor penetrating chances. Its not a big deal but ive seen a Puma coaxial salvo dealing some damage to it if havent overseen anything. Its nothing big but if you have time:)

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Warhawks97 wrote: which jeeps bounces 20 mm? the armored AB jeep? it comes a way later.

it doesn't come later than scout car. earlier and cheaper

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote: which jeeps bounces 20 mm? the armored AB jeep? it comes a way later.

it doesn't come later than scout car. earlier and cheaper

No. Scout car is my third unit with PE (schimm, krad, scout). PE starts with 25 ammo, US with 15. Means US spends this 15 for barracks and PE 25 for logistic center. At start the income is +5 fuel income. So after two mins the scout car is being build. At that time us needs a further minute (maybe one fuel sector is taken then its still a few seconds) to build WSC. Wtih PE at that time my krad quickly captures my area in the background so my fuel and ammo income is increased. So when the armored jeep comes i have my 28 mm AT car (maybe just being build) and a 37 mm AT gun probably.

I guess you play HR coz otherwise i cant explain how it should be possible. But then PE can build schrecks, 37 mm pak, 50 mm pak, 37 mm HT, 28 mm car, (20 mm vehicle when reward unit is choosen). So in booth cases a armored jeep shouldnt be a great issue for PE.