KT impossible to kill

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
DaŇjeL_SK

KT impossible to kill

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

This happened to us yesterday. It was really funny trying to kill that KT... we had too much bad luck. Let's watch if u are interested. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3racDEfFnQ

Warhawks97

Re: KT impossible to kill

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:This happened to us yesterday. It was really funny trying to kill that KT... we had too much bad luck. Let's watch if u are interested. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3racDEfFnQ

i know such situation too well. Usually huge fights do begin for these tanks. Axis try to keep them alive and allis thow everything they have on it. but as inf doc i am surprised that you have only 52 popcap army at that time. Stickies and zooks on the rear. Also maybe 107 mortar maybe to prevent repairs at least is also an option (as long as there is no freaking Hummel or grille on the field)

Arty shells that bounce is nothing unusual on these tanks.

And la fiere is pretty special. Not much room for maneuver and so there is very often an insane large battle arround these tanks which quickly starting to dominate " the lane" at which at are fighting and alli inf, arty and airplanes coming quickly to kill that threat before it smashes all the defenses.

The 105 sherman is piece of crap regarding accuracy. Esspecially when compared to Hummel and Priest. First a vet 2 sherman can be called effective. Priests and Hummels are much better regarding range and accuracy.

edit: i see you placed the same question at the end of the vid. Idk why it is so.

Another question: Why has US no priest at all? The Priest is actually a US SPG and almost only used by US in great numbers (Brits used usually the so called Saxton with 25 pdr mounted as spg). Actually inf doc should have two priests like CW (just not with CW priest abilities, only arty barrage but same accuracy).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Definitely it's nothing to be surprised about when to see arty shells bouncing off such a mighty tank costing 210 fuel! So absolutely nothing to complain about here on this point.

2 missing Typhoons on a steady target... Well, simply this must have been the player's fault!! :D

I do very clearly understand the point of ur videos.. u r trying to prove that sometimes only the 'luck' controls the game fate allowing u to once destroy the KT with a single shot but other times u will never succeed. That's probably the ugly face of the "random factor" feature! However that although myself and maybe all of us don't like how badly this lucky incidents do lead the game sometimes, I do still believe that it's fun to see weird things happening from time to time while breaking the well known routine ^^

The Priest actually shouldn't have such a long range anyhow because of its short gun. Those arty shells are always much more deadly to inf units than to tanks because basically these are HE shells!!! The Sherman 105 reloads very quickly and is cheap to use so I guess it's just fine as currently is...
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 28 Apr 2015, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

First time i see high vet. lvl KT in pvp, in most cases its a waste of res actually, cause it will be immidiately killed by airplanes\immobolized by arty\commando will run and immobolize it with gammon bomb\ long tom\ or simply you ll get this tank so late when alies already have Hellcats, Achileses and 17 pounders behind every corner, so you cant do a step. Thats why i personally almost never build it, panther G with grens squad + walking stuka support costs almost the same, but will be way more effective.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Definitely it's nothing to be surprised about when to see arty shells bouncing off such a mighty tank costing 210 fuel! So absolutely nothing to complain about here on this point.

the arty comes from above.... so every arty shell would penetrate any tank because the top armor is rather weak. From a report of an p-47 "rotte" it was written than even cal 50 rounds from above in the rear area could deal some damage to tigers. They attacked one on a street several times and finally the Tigers engine was buring and smoking from cal 50 rounds. Just because it cost 210 it shouldnt be immun to anything.

Tiger1996 wrote:The Priest actually shouldn't have such a long range anyhow because of its short gun. Those arty shells are always much more deadly to inf units than to tanks because basically these are HE shells!!! The Sherman 105 reloads very quickly and is cheap to use so I guess it's just fine as currently is...

omg.... but THX a lot. if we start with this... omg axis would suffer so much.....

Nebler range would be cut by half or the accuracy would be greatly nerfed. As they have a range close to howitzers it indicates a range of 10.000 meter. Usual fire range was 5km... above that it was highly inaccurate (which is normal for rocket arty supposed to barrage an area).

The leig18 (75 mm) had a range of 3375 meters. Here the range is about equal to the US 75 mm pack howitzer which had a range of like 9km and thus just 2-3 km less than the US 105 mm M2.

The axis 105 (here the leifh18M/40 with muzzlebreak) would outrange most other arty with a range of arround 12 km. After that Hummel with iirc 13-14 km. If we would have long tom as unit then it would simply top all of them with 20 km range and more (iirc there had been two version of that 155 mm gun and the long tom was the one with lots of range)

The Grille would have a range cut by 50% as well. Current range is almost equal to howitzer whereas the max range was 4.7 km.

I dont want to start with super stubby tank: The infamous Stupa! The absolut max range was 4.7 km but it couldnt match with any tank when it comes to accurate range for direct shooting which was usually only at point blank.

So here stupa, stuh and scott are far beyond their range (in the way they are used as direct shooting units) they would have with your argument + realism.

and all the nebels (main axis arty), grille and and the leig 18 would get a range cut (and accuracy) of like 50%.

Check the calibre lenght and the used charge! The Grille here has only L/11. The calibre lenght indicates the barrel lenght in relation to the shell size and here Grille is worst of all followed by leig 18 with L/11.2

so.... be carefull with such statments! The brits unlocks esspecially "super charge rounds" indicating that more gunpowder is being used.

edit: i checked Priest and it says that it carried either M2 or M3 howitzer. the M3 had indee just 7600 meter range and would be outranged even by 75 mm pack howitzer oO. The M2 105 11+ km with L/22. With super charges it could be possible to extend range beyond Wespes and Hummels range (but those can also use special rounds which makes it up for it and with ammo HT unlock even pretty cheap.

But US is outgunned by far. Booth axis docs can extend their range with special rounds which makes it easy to counter US arty (not to mention 88´s are also howitzers in def doc)

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:First time i see high vet. lvl KT in pvp, in most cases its a waste of res actually, cause it will be immidiately killed by airplanes\immobolized by arty\commando will run and immobolize it with gammon bomb\ long tom\ or simply you ll get this tank so late when alies already have Hellcats, Achileses and 17 pounders behind every corner, so you cant do a step. Thats why i personally almost never build it, panther G with grens squad + walking stuka support costs almost the same, but will be way more effective.

yeah. Ive never used Kt or JT in pvp. JT not even when i was out of fuel, i rather spend these 2000 mp into AT squads, krad spam, assault grens etc.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

To hellcats, .17 and achilles: it was specific match... because Termix never build a simple .17 and Petrson didn't wanted to build any hellcat. I was angry for that... infantry rush wasn't good idea.... I tried it before (it was long game)... high vet german tank in that match killed most of my AT squad before I run in range of bazookas and I could not flank that tank any other way.

To the bouncing of arty shells:
So now I have one logic question. When is 105mm arty (sherman, priest, wespe, ground mounted arty) bouncing by direct hit, how coud it cause any damage by indirect hit ?
In this teoretical model only damage which can be caused is throw down the tracks.

edit to hawks:
M2, M3 and M4 are only variants of the same gun (M101 howitzer)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:To hellcats, .17 and achilles: it was specific match... because Termix never build a simple .17 and Petrson didn't wanted to build any hellcat. I was angry for that... infantry rush wasn't good idea.... I tried it before (it was long game)... high vet german tank in that match killed most of my AT squad before I run in range of bazookas and I could not flank that tank any other way.

To the bouncing of arty shells:
So now I have one logic question. When is 105mm arty (sherman, priest, wespe, ground mounted arty) bouncing by direct hit, how coud it cause any damage by indirect hit ?
In this teoretical model only damage which can be caused is throw down the tracks.

edit to hawks:
M2, M3 and M4 are only variants of the same gun (M101 howitzer)

m3 not really. Or they called others also M3. The M3 looks pretty different.

Wake

Post by Wake »

this is why i don't like playing as allies

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Well actually, HE shell can't bounce, since it explodes on impact. And if you are trying to destroy a tank with HE, you're not trying to penetrate it as AP or similar rounds (get through the armor), you're trying to blow it off. It's like when you are robbing a bank, if you plant 1kg of explosives on a safe door, nothings happens, if you plant 100kg of explosives you're gonna blow the door with the rest of the building lol.

And since tanks has very weak top armor, if an arty shell lands on the tank, adios baby, no matter that it is a tiger II.
Same applies if shell lands right next to the side of the tank, it's gonna most probably destroy or massively damage the tank, since the source of explosion is so close, it doesn't try to penetrate the armor as AP shell.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Devilfish wrote:Well actually, HE shell can't bounce, since it explodes on impact. And if you are trying to destroy a tank with HE, you're not trying to penetrate it as AP or similar rounds (get through the armor), you're trying to blow it off. It's like when you are robbing a bank, if you plant 1kg of explosives on a safe door, nothings happens, if you plant 100kg of explosives you're gonna blow the door with the rest of the building lol.

And since tanks has very weak top armor, if an arty shell lands on the tank, adios baby, no matter that it is a tiger II.
Same applies if shell lands right next to the side of the tank, it's gonna most probably destroy or massively damage the tank, since the source of explosion is so close, it doesn't try to penetrate the armor as AP shell.

thats true. But your final part need to be corrected. Close hits on tanks would rather deal secondary damage (canon, gunsights, tracks etc). Bombs and arty shells had to hit more or less directly a tank to destroy those (though the crew could get injured by the explosion). And because of that rockets rockets and bigger canons got developed as those could hit tanks a way better. Ive been reading a book (and books) including one with a report from a stuka pilot. There he described how close bombs had to drop on a tank and each bombs blast radius and energy loss per meter distance from the initial bomb strike. At least the neccessary power to really destroy a tank was achiveble in the center of the explosion or very close to it (depending on bomb size for as well).

Russians quickly realized how effective lots of HE could be against even the thickest armor. The Jackson with its 90 mm using HE rounds could also crack a Panthers armor to weaken these.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Well I'm no expert, but i think even if shell/bomb lands right next to tank it can destroy it, it would depend on armor thickness and amount of explosives used, but hey, what do i know about life xD.

And it would definitely have a good chance to flip a tank, right. I don't know.....
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Warhawks97 wrote:m3 not really. Or they called others also M3. The M3 looks pretty different.

"M3 - lightweight howitzer, with barrel shortened by 27 inches." It is talking about variants of M101. And I think this is the gun, mounted on priests.

Devilfish wrote:Well actually, HE shell can't bounce, since it explodes on impact.

You're right, but in bk mod are everithing bouncing.... even HEAT shots. It's just cosmetic problem.
I think the same. Top armor is about 40mm it can be penetrated by 37mm PaK (last time my ostwind was penetrated frontal by this gun)