BKMod and Steam Workshop?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
SteamID_razelazz

BKMod and Steam Workshop?

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

So I've been observing the recent shitstorm caused by Valve's announcement to implement a pay-for-content system.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/aboutpaidcontent

Among the many issues raised by this announcement is the very real fear that someone would undercut the owner of a mod by uploading the mod to make quick money. Now the proprietors of mods are forced to police their own mods to make sure that no one is taking advantage of them.

Now, because CoH is a Steam game, I would like to know what the BKMod Team's position on this is. As well as the possibility of a game update which forces compliance with paid mods, which is almost certainly going to force BKMod and other CoH mods to update as well.

lunarwolf

Re: BKMod and Steam Workshop?

Post by lunarwolf »

didn't Gabe back down from this and now no more pay for mods on steam? which is a good thing. donations are a much better system imo, otherwise we will be flooded by crap mods. also mods are using other studio's work so that is another can of worms if you start to monetize this. as is, many publishers have limited modding, this would just make it worse. glad to see steam came to its senses.

furthermore, a lot of modders did this because they like the game and wanted to make it better or to use it as a portfolio to find jobs in the industry. Portal is a great example

proves that PC players aren't the sheep that console players are. and let's face it, the console and mobile markets haven't made the gaming industry change for the better

my 2 cents

SteamID_razelazz

Re: BKMod and Steam Workshop?

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

Well this is embarrassing, I realized too late that the pay-system has been dismantled.

At least for now.