Some general mod questions from CoH/CoH: ToV/CoH2 player

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Tornik

Some general mod questions from CoH/CoH: ToV/CoH2 player

Post by Tornik »

Hello, I just wanted to ask some general questions about the mod as I've never played it but it looks like it's something I'm looking for having been tired with all the blobbing in the regular CoH/CoH2.

(1) Are there enough people still playing the mod to get more or less reasonable matchmaking times?
(2) Are there guides on full tech trees, doctrines and abilities that come with the mod?
(3) Are there more or less regular Twitch/YouTube casters who post casts on the mod's multiplayer matches?
(4) Are custom skins supported?
(5) Is there a way to get units speak in their native language?

Thanks in advance.

JimQwilleran

Re: Some general mod questions from CoH/CoH: ToV/CoH2 player

Post by JimQwilleran »

1. There are around 1.700 players on our steam group. We play almost everyday (not all 1700 of course xD) . There are good players, pros, but I can see many new "faces" also, so there is something for everybody.
2. Unfortunately there is no guide (I have never seen one). I know some players that got themselves some kind of teachers, who told them about tactics and cool abilities. Generally most of us have learned in the same way, starting as noobs and making mistakes ;D. And if you are not interested in PvP, AI is good enough to be a teacher ;D.
3. Yes, I think that there is a youtube channel with some replays, but I don't remember it's name. Someone will tell you ;).
4. Anything I know about other skins is this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/historic-flags-icons-for-coh-blitzkrieg-mod. I don't really know if you can replace Axis flag with hello kitty banner ;D
5. I don't think so ;), unless you want to interfere in game's files which can have nasty consequences.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tornik wrote:Hello, I just wanted to ask some general questions about the mod as I've never played it but it looks like it's something I'm looking for having been tired with all the blobbing in the regular CoH/CoH2.

sadly we still have blobbing here as well (though most typicall "blobbing docs" and units got changed that they are not longer cost effective when blobbing. Other super heroe units like kch got removed few patches ago. But there are actually enough "anti blobb" units" available:P

The biggest issue we have here are frontal rushes on tanks with hendheld AT´s and killing those in one rush. In vcoh a tank (or at least Tank IV´s and shermans) had been more valuable units and killing tanks there with infantry is in my opinion harder in vcoh as in BK. The only doc capable doing such easy tank kills with inf was PE inf from Th doc with two schrecks and offensive veterancy upgrades. Vehicles suffer most from hendheld AT´s as every zook/schreck shot kills a vehicle actually. Its something we discuss about here in forum currently. At the other side top mounted MG´s on tanks to kill inf a lot faster as well as dedicated anti inf vehicles like quad cal 50 HT or Pumas with 20 mm kwk.

Tornik wrote:(1) Are there enough people still playing the mod to get more or less reasonable matchmaking times?
(2) Are there guides on full tech trees, doctrines and abilities that come with the mod?
(3) Are there more or less regular Twitch/YouTube casters who post casts on the mod's multiplayer matches?
(4) Are custom skins supported?
(5) Is there a way to get units speak in their native language?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes. There are many new players from what i see but also many good players. Personally i have most pvp players in fl and sometimes more than 20-30 are online at the same time (+ new players of which i dont have all in fl). Thing is to get balanced teams.
2. nope. I learned everyhting by playing.
3. Not sure. Some players do upload replays on youtube. You can also watch players streams via steam if you got them in friendlist. One or two guys used twitch sometimes but one isnt since a while.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Tornik wrote:The biggest issue we have here are frontal rushes on tanks with hendheld AT´s and killing those in one rush.

Naaa, not we, but you)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Naaa, not we, but you)

I agree with that hawks ;D. I see no problem with AT inf.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Naaa, not we, but you)

I agree with that hawks ;D. I see no problem with AT inf.

nvm... just saying that tanks are not even rushed frontally so easily in vcoh for what i like vcoh a way more. And also the use of vehicles makes a lot more sense in vcoh than in bk. And as this mod calls themself for "more realism" vcoh is a lot more realistic in this respect. It was one of the reasons why i left bk for a longer time and playing vcoh for a duration of a good half year.

But i dont want to waste this topic again for this discussion. We already have one.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, Bk mod overall is much better than the Relic vCoH on several sides. Although that there are still some issues maybe which yet are unsolved such as the frontal rushes into tanks using inf sometimes for example exactly as Hawks pointed... However that personally I do believe that the frontal rushes by inf against tanks is more common by the Allies players specifically while playing with the Inf or the AB docs in a certain method or by using a specific tactic I meant. This doesn't deny what Hawks said about both the Luft and the TH docs of course.. as that probably the same situation applies there against the US Armor doc! Anyways, surely there are YouTube video up-loaders; also I am one of them btw ^^

Mr.Nobody:- https://www.youtube.com/user/playblitzkrieg

Ahleks:- https://www.youtube.com/user/Xylis0

Me:- https://www.youtube.com/user/ora096

Note: watch out because there are recently some abusers impersonating other users name or profiles, currently I am one of their victims as well as other players before! Some of them are hacking too in order to use hidden bugs to their own favors feeding the troll spread.

Tornik

Post by Tornik »

Thanks much for all the replies.