Should Tanks be able to reinforce infantry?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.

Should tanks be able to Reinforce infantry nearby?

1. Yes (Add argument, but no bullshit argument)
72%
2. No
28%

Total votes: 18

Mood

Re: Should Tanks be able to reinforce infantry?

Post by Mood »

I find the poll misleading. I don't mind Churchill's being able to reinforce like they currently can, but other tanks? Nuh-uh. So I'm not even sure what to vote here...

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

This Sturmtiger smells like volksturm.
-panzejaeger squad leader when reinforcing.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

ST shoulkd keep reinforce imo
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mood wrote:
21 May 2022, 18:08
I find the poll misleading. I don't mind Churchill's being able to reinforce like they currently can, but other tanks? Nuh-uh. So I'm not even sure what to vote here...
Well, true. The churchill for its part absolutely needs support due to its rather lackluster firepower and bad mobility. So it was ok to have this one heavily infantry orientated and made them very unique indeed.

But Tigers are very self-sufficient and all you need is proper (or rather average) reconassaince. But other than that its very dangerous on the field by its own, esspecially in prop doc with all the abilities and aura stuff. Being able to maintain nonstop a screen of Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck equiped infantry arround it by its own is just too much.

The ST for its part also doesnt have many drawbacks anymore. 90 sec cooldown, 100 ammo for a shot and massive armor. Idk but other than trying to arty it down i dont see how else it can get killed when it also can maintain a huge protective inf screen arround itself with fausts and perhaps schrecks. Rushing it with arty or tanks as it is done with other arty units as means of last resort just wont work here. So its an arty unit that can also maintain a powerfull shield arround itself with infantry and armor.

The reason i created a poll in this direction is to create a red line for tanks. The churchill in this sense flattned the ground and opened the door for "lets turn tanks into Infantry Mother Ships" kind of idea. This concept should have never passed beyond churchills.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

SturmTiger is bassically a bigger AVRE, totally makes sense to have the reinforce ability.

Tiger.H does not need the ability, but again doesn't hurt to have it as it's a heavy tank that helps weak Prop doc inf to breakthrough.. don't forget tanks can no longer target inf with AP so the Tiger without top MG isn't that self dependant after all.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
22 May 2022, 19:54
SturmTiger is bassically a bigger AVRE, totally makes sense to have the reinforce ability.
I am not sure, but can AVRE and 95 mm churchill reinforce? I dont think so but i might be wrong.

Tiger.H does not need the ability, but again doesn't hurt to have it as it's a heavy tank that helps weak Prop doc inf to breakthrough.. don't forget tanks can no longer target inf with AP so the Tiger without top MG isn't that self dependant after all.

Dude, some people say prop doc is one of the strongest doctrines because it literally has all the means. You have the heaviest armor, you have powerfull artillery, on map and off map, you have the officer as 3 men squad that has the standard off map call in.... Prop doc inf is not the main tool to "breakthrough" enemie defenses. It just floats them once the heavy stuff has flattned the path.

So you have two breakthrough units by definition that on top should help the third type of asset to break through. So you have a "Breakthrough Support-Breakthrough main combat-support unit". :ugeek: :roll:

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Warhawks97 wrote:
22 May 2022, 20:11
you have the officer as 3 men squad that has the standard off map call in
Check the change-log update, the off-map strike for Propaganda officer was replaced by smoke off-map.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
22 May 2022, 21:14
Warhawks97 wrote:
22 May 2022, 20:11
you have the officer as 3 men squad that has the standard off map call in
Check the change-log update, the off-map strike for Propaganda officer was replaced by smoke off-map.

ok, sorry, i dont have much time currently. But anyways, the ST and Tiger are breakthrough units by their own. I think the volkssturm is the last unit in prop doc you want to be capable of "break through" anything really, thats not their job. So it still counts. A Breakthrough unit doesnt need to be a "break through and breakt hrough support unit" all in one.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
22 May 2022, 19:54
checked it. AVRE and 95 mm churchill doesnt seem to be able to reinforce infantry nearby. And i think this is totally fine that they cant.