Walking stuka

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Redgaarden

Walking stuka

Post by Redgaarden »

I'm having a hard time killing these things. They shoot super fast, rockets hits so fast that you can't react.

Sometimes they survive 50.cal air strike, closeish bomb hits from 105 arty. Dircet fire from 75mm tanks.

I would like to know how much hit point this thing has. And I would like to know if there is anywhere I can hide my infantry so it wont kill them. Will infantry survive in Trenches? Houses? heavy cover?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

kwok
Team Member

Re: Walking stuka

Post by kwok »

315 hp

I was going to say that damage modifiers on cover is 50% so that might do something... but then i checked the damage of this sucker... whopping 350 lol. I don't know of any inf that has more than 175 HP.

Best way to survive is probably make your daily sacrifices to RN-Jesus.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its german vehicle vet from vcoh. Reduces received damage and even boosts HP or something. German vet HT´s can be really sturdy at times, at least wehrmacht.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

it's shooting big rockets.. so damage dealt is understandable, but i agree it sometimes feel very hard to kill using arty as a counter... Could probably get some HP reduction.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

agreed. Maybe get the vCoH Vet modifers reduced?
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I agree. With that damage potential (especially the quick delivery unlike howitzers), a glass cannon approach might be better suited. But since Walking Stukas are apparently the only arty unit that nukes itself on death, don't drop their survivability completely.

On a sidenote; are there other explosive vehicles? I can only think of Ammo trucks and Goliaths. Would a nuclear death for Priest/Hummel/Wespe/Grille etc. make sense?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I think the stuka death is purely visual. Haven't seen it do any dmg to anything nearby.

Haven't seen anything other than tanks cook off in video games. But I wold think exploding vehicles usually only kill the crew and pieces flying over 100 meters.
With my limited experience with dynamite I would say that it's quite unlikely that it would produce a very big death zone.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Especially when 2 piece ammo is used with the big 150mm guns. You have a pure shockwave, without r few gramms of fragmentation. Which expire its force pretty fast when in an open top SPG.
Nerf Mencius