The rarest Bk units

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
JimQwilleran

The rarest Bk units

Post by JimQwilleran »

There are some units in Bk, that are used very seldomly. For example this unit (attachment). I have never ever seen in PvP game. Maybe we could get rid of unused units and replace them with some of which many users were talking about. No one uses Dingo, no one uses vampire halftruck from PE. They are kinda ghost units.

Everyone would speak about adding new content, but I don't know if anyone wondered about removing some unused things. *Bracing for impact*
Attachments
2015-04-07_00001.jpg
2015-04-07_00001.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 4593 times

Wolf
Administrator

Re: The rarest Bk units

Post by Wolf »

Many of these units are useful in certain situations, vampire halftruck especially. Units would be removed, if we needed "space", which we don't or units that are somewhat wrong. None of current units have that problem so ... nope ;)

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

This guys on screen are must have for BK doc, im always using it. Dingo cool to surprise enemy, axis player is fucked if he has no at gun, vampire is also cool thing to detect recons...If you dont use it that doesnt means nobody used it.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Ya, that was rather a suggestion, not a demand. I just thought that everybody forgot about these units.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

LOL?..... the stormtooper leader squad is one of my most used infantry units. I never play without it. Often i get other stormtooper squads first after ive got this leader squad! Its so damn usefull with cool abilites like heroic charge and off map arty! Sometimes this leader squad has alone 100-150 kills when i use them. Also it vets up fast when used combined with assault squad. And the boost is so massive.... stormtoopers supported by a leader squad with vet (esspecialy vet 5) is in my opinion the strongest infantry you can get (only AB proves to be a threat in late game with 101st hq squad and fire nades).

really.... never used..... all experienced BK players use this leader squad. Its one of the most important units in BK doc together with Ostwinds.

Dingo is rare... thats ture and idk why i should build it. I mean i have the bren carrier very early and buffed now so i see little need to use dingo.

Vampire... idk. Personally i dont use it so often but most luft players use only the reg 5 and gebirgs and often doesnt build tank hunter or tank support command to use advanced repairs or Hetzers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Well... Apparently I have never played vs anyone of u as Blitz. It turns out I am inexperienced player xD. Shame on me.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:Well... Apparently I have never played vs anyone of u as Blitz. It turns out I am inexperienced player xD. Shame on me.

When i decide to go for stormtoopers this squad is an absolut must:P

You started playing bK one year ago or? I mean ive been playing BK for one year already when i first used this leader squad:P Many also dont use the stormtooper halftrack and they dont know that stormtooper cost 50 mp less in that HT as when being called with global ability.

Wake

Post by Wake »

British 40mm Daimler Mk I Armored Car

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:British 40mm Daimler Mk I Armored Car

all brits vehicles. Tetrarchs are being build just for the glider to get either pak, commando jeep or this field howitzer.

There are lost of usless vehicles esspecially on alli side. E.G the playmobile m3 stuart lol.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

you can add

- PE P4 aus F2 for 500mp 70 fuel. those things suck against tanks or infantry - just too expensive for the little they try to do, may as well go for hertzer which is much cheaper and much better at anti tank or vs infantry. seriously replace this unit with something like a real P4 or delete it - it's an insult

- PE SE beuetpanzer - 750mp for a crappy Sherman!! Firefly is OK when it comes, but that Sherman is a joke. make it 100% firefly or replace it by jumbo or a double sandbagged easy 8 for that price

- WH def doc flakpanzer T38 Gepard: only shoots straight - it has crappy firing rate, penetration, mobility and lol "panzer" armour (it gets shredded by a quad HT) - may as well get the halftrack flak version instead so u can live to fight another day

- CW CTW15 armoured truck, why? kangoo all the way or use the ambulance same except it heals and reinforces as well ;)

- US M15 HT rear shooting dual 50 cal- why? M16 quad over it any day

- US M3 T48 HT (one with 57mmAT) should be revised to 76mm version - as is it is pretty useless - also why is it a reward unit when it is buildable anyway?

- WH schwim type 166 for 240mp and completely useless - lol spend another 350mp to waste a sniper - honestly this vehicle is too little too late to warrant using it

- Luft bombing run, pay 225 munitions for the pleasure of seeing it killed off map - WTF! US Airborne doesn't have this issue vs the WH flak base def, it can fly straight towards them without any issue - fix this plz

- Luft panther ausf D - an ongoing joke, armour and penetration value are way too low for such an expense 680 mp and 110 fuel - its a sheep in wolf's clothing

my 2 cents

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:you can add

- PE P4 aus F2 for 500mp 70 fuel. those things suck against tanks or infantry - just too expensive for the little they try to do, may as well go for hertzer which is much cheaper and much better at anti tank or vs infantry. seriously replace this unit with something like a real P4 or delete it - it's an insult

- PE SE beuetpanzer - 750mp for a crappy Sherman!! Firefly is OK when it comes, but that Sherman is a joke. make it 100% firefly or replace it by jumbo or a double sandbagged easy 8 for that price

- WH def doc flakpanzer T38 Gepard: only shoots straight - it has crappy firing rate, penetration, mobility and lol "panzer" armour (it gets shredded by a quad HT) - may as well get the halftrack flak version instead so u can live to fight another day

- CW CTW15 armoured truck, why? kangoo all the way or use the ambulance same except it heals and reinforces as well ;)

- US M3 T48 HT (one with 57mmAT) should be revised to 76mm version - as is it is pretty useless - also why is it a reward unit when it is buildable anyway?

- WH schwim type 166 for 240mp and completely useless - lol spend another 350mp to waste a sniper - honestly this vehicle is too little too late to warrant using it

- Luft bombing run, pay 225 munitions for the pleasure of seeing it killed off map - WTF! US Airborne doesn't have this issue vs the WH flak base def, it can fly straight towards them without any issue - fix this plz

- Luft panther ausf D - an ongoing joke, armour and penetration value are way too low for such an expense 680 mp and 110 fuel - its a sheep in wolf's clothing

my 2 cents

-The F2 may could be replaced. Still i used it sometimes with luft doc to kill brits AA tanks and shermans. But seldomly.

-The beutesherman is very often used. The 76 beats usually e8´s with vet and double sandbags. I do not engage the beute 76 sherman with own 76 sherman unless i have more. The beute version bounced off HVAP of my e8 somehow.

-The tank appears early but yeah, the HT with 20 mm kwk is better.

-yes

-Yes. Since the M16 can penetrate airplanes with cal 50 and thus a usefull AA vehicle the M15A1 isnt used anymore. Its pretty expensive and this rear shooting only and slow accleration makes it hard to use.

- I like it actually. It cant get outflanked by vehicles so easily like the normal 57 mm pak but sadly has no AP rounds (which sucks). Still i like it to counter axis vehicles or to engage fixed scout vehicles. Later its good to counter these Sdkfz 234/4 from PE which would otherwise surprise and shred my tank divisons. Or to counter marders.

-It can carry a reccon which also activates the MG.

-AA´s are similiar effective and allied airplanes get also often shot by axis base def.

- Depends on use. In late game tank fights its 1-2 panthers more on axis side which can turn the tide.

Wake

Post by Wake »

LOL I forgot about the Wehrmacht Schwimm Type 166. This is ABSOLUTELY the most useless unit in the game! It does NOTHING! It's a guy driving a car. The car has no gun, is slow, cannot capture, has no abilities, and funniest of all, costs 240 MP. The Type 166 is a reward unit for the bike, and it can carry 1 extra person, such as a sniper, recon scout, or officer who can then use the MG. But this is the funny too, because you have to pay at least 400 MP for a unit worse than a bike.

Also, the F2 Panzer IV got a price reduction in 4.7. It now costs 460 MP and 60 fuel, but regardless, this is still a pretty bad unit since it does not have the armor of the Ausf H/J versions and has no top MG42, meaning that it is very bad vs infantry and can only fight up to basic shermans, while a 76 sherman can often destroy the F2 in just a single shot.

The M15A1 Halftrack vs the M16 Quad is actually a very very good and balanced debate. I personally use the M15A1, because it has a 37mm cannon. This means it destroys early axis vehicles very quickly. It will actually win vs a 20mm puma most of the time. This unit costs slightly more than the quad, but rightfully so. I think it's better. I started using it after scout cars and axis halftracks escaped my quad because it didn't do enough damage, and the 20mm puma was destroying my quad. Both the M15A1 and the Quad are very good vs infantry. The way I see it, it doesn't matter if I have the quad or the M15a1, the enemy will have to retreat his infantry squads once he sees me coming. That's why I take the M15A1, because it also can deal with light vehicles.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Warhawks97 wrote:
-AA´s are similiar effective and allied airplanes get also often shot by axis base def.

sry but I tested this on a few maps (so it's more than occasional luck) and this is not entirely true. although it is better with last patch than before where it was 100% shot down, now sometimes it doesn't get shot down

Base def don't kill AB air recon, bombing, strafing etc... and this was tested flying straight towards enemy base defences and taking them out. good luck trying that with Luft air abilities. I am pretty sure that US base AA is a lot more effective than WH base def, when they should be similar since they are just base defences.

anyway my biggest concern is that 215 munitions for a F190 bombing run is too expensive when you compare to other arty cost in game - think 125 munitions seems fair price - this price reduction would equally apply to Ally bombing runs - so no balance issues. However, I think that 300 munitions is OK for the Henschel air patrol abilities that destroy vehicles in a sector since tanks are expensive and those things don't miss their targets and patrol for quite a bit. It's not like you can spam these aerial abilities because they have long cooldowns

lol at your comments when you can say with a straight face that there is nothing wrong w/ Type 166 schwim. seriously have you seen anyone use this vehicle? BTW when you put a recon in it u don't even get the benefit of increased LOS which you can do in CW ambulance - basically you have to waste ressources/units early game to put someone in there. it makes no sense in its current state, so either delete it or give it a radical overhaul it :mrgreen:
Last edited by lunarwolf on 09 Apr 2015, 12:46, edited 15 times in total.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Wake wrote:
Also, the F2 Panzer IV got a price reduction in 4.7. It now costs 460 MP and 60 fuel, but regardless,

PE SE and Luft P4 ausf F2 costs exactly what I said with latest patch -> 500mp and 70 fuel. you can check.

Wake

Post by Wake »

lunarwolf wrote:PE SE and Luft P4 ausf F2 costs exactly what I said with latest patch -> 500mp and 70 fuel. you can check.

Oh, you are right! In 4.6 it only changed the price for the Wehrmacht Panzer IV Ausf F2. The PE didn't get that price reduction, and they should. 500/70 is very overpriced. It doesn't even make sense that the Wehrmacht would get the price reduction and not the PE, since Wehrmacht would either use the other H/J Panzer IVs from BK doc or simply make other tanks. But the PE don't really have an effective medium tank, the F2 plays this role but it is not a good investment, since it is not effective vs infantry and usually loses to anything bigger than a standard sherman.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

For the game purposes there are three types of PIVs - crappy armored (the stubby versions), then better armored (long barrel no skirts) and the best armor have those PIVs H/J (skirted). F2 is without skirts so it is in the"middle" group. Of course everyone would like to have super durable tanks but there needs to be some diversity. Or if the price of F2 was reduced for WH, then it would probably be fair to drop it for PE too...

- It is still a call-in tank (faster to get than if you build your own tanks) and comes upgraded...

WH def doc flakpanzer T38 Gepard: only shoots straight - it has crappy firing rate, penetration, mobility and lol "panzer" armour (it gets shredded by a quad HT) - may as well get the halftrack flak version instead so u can live to fight another day

- Def doc is funny in this way. They are meant to be strongly defensive, which they are, but they get the widest AA pool in the whole game - Gepard, Möbelwagen, 20mm Halftrack, Armored cars, 88s guns and 20mm emplacements. They have all this AA firepower while they could do just fine with the HT and Möbelwagen :D
BTW: somebody once suggested to give the 20mm HT as a reward for Opel Blitz to PE...interesting idea

- Because it is cheaper and faster? :D But well, you're right about the ambulance. I actually use the ambulance too as a transport. TBH I think the ambulance should not have the ability to transport troops since it heals and reinforces which should be enough.

- As Wake mentioned the M15A1 has the 37mm autocanon which can beat Axis HTs quite fast, the .50cal twin can tear infantry too but you pay for this with the limited rotation angle. This unit depends a lot on player's personal taste.

- Yeah, we know about the reward glitch but the plan is to remove it from reward menu and be officially always available since there is little sense in choosing it over the 57mm AT gun. Axis have to choose between 75mm versions which makes more sense but 57mm is kinda unapplealing choice.
Also I suspect there is something wrong with the T48 weapon since it seems to miss more often than hit :/

- It was meant more as a transport unit for the scouts/snipers/ Officer I guess? But I agree with "useless" for this one :)

- Maybe it could get some further nerf against planes, though there are people who say it is OP but others say it is OK...

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

MarKr wrote:- Maybe it could get some further nerf against planes, though there are people who say it is OP but others say it is OK...

my gripe is that 215 munitions is a huge chunk of the max reserve 600. so if it doesn't land that is really expensive. I can understand that planes can be shot down, and if that is intended I am ok with that; however, this should apply equally to Ally side a well. also I think a price reduction is in order compared (ie 125 munitions sounds fair) to other arty which is more spammable due to shorter cooldowns and much cheaper to use, not to mention that often u can have 2 wespe, 2 priests etc... vs 1 bombing call in ;)

my 2 cents

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

What about airborne sappers :D?

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

US 60mm Mortar - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=376

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Tony_Frost wrote:US 60mm Mortar - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=376

what are u talking about? mortar shreds infantry, sure it may not have range of 81mm, 107mmm and 120mm but those are more expensive. it may be the weakest mortar, but mortars in this game are far from weak they are excellent at killing heaps of infantry, light vehicles and structures. anyway both airborne and infantry docs have 81mm, armor is the only one w/ 60mm - and all have 81mm HT mortar. if u don't support w/inf, AT or mg and hide your mortar behind a building, hedge or wall then that is your loss ;)

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

JimQwilleran wrote:What about airborne sappers :D?

u mean the ones for CW Royal Commandos? I love them, u can call them anywhere with glider and are pretty deadly in cqb vs oher infantry. I for one use them all the time when going CW armor doc

as for the for US airborne engineers. they just regular eng afaik, except they come with demo and satchel, and can reinforce anywhere. I concede they aren't great but can be usefull in certain situations

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I meant the airborne ones form US AB. :D

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

JimQwilleran wrote:I meant the airborne ones form US AB. :D

yeah I edited my post as you were writing your reply. was confused coz u said sappers so thought CW. anyway US airborne engineers are ok, since they do come with satchel and demo ability, and can reinforce without retreating :) - pretty sure they can cap points faster as well. not mind blowing but better than vanilla engineers

TBH I don't play airborne as I would rather just go w/ CW RAF which is basically the same but much better. I think that is really the biggest issue w/ airborne it's just too similar to RAF.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

lunarwolf wrote:
what are u talking about? mortar shreds infantry

But not this one, even CW 2-Inch (51mm) Mortar deal more damage. And looks like US 60mm have almost VCOH damage.

lunarwolf wrote: anyway both airborne and infantry docs have 81mm, armor is the only one w/ 60mm - and all have 81mm HT mortar.

It's only confirms my words about useless of that thing.

Wake

Post by Wake »

A funnier thing about the US 60mm mortar and the British 2-inch mortar is that an enemy tried to use the 2-inch one against me, and I saw the shells landing near one of my squads. I couldn't actually tell that a mortar was shooting at me. That's how bad the 2-inch is. It's not a big explosion like the other mortars that kills those around it like the bigger mortars, it's a tiny dart that kicks up some dirt and needs a direct hit on a soldier to kill him.

The range of the smaller mortars is really funny too. It's about the same as the stick grenade throw distance for axis infantry.