Blitzkrieg Gameplay Videos

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Xylis

Blitzkrieg Gameplay Videos

Post by Xylis »

Hi guys, I decided to make a youtube channel including Blitzkrieg gameplay and playback commentaries, I only have one video currently uploaded but I just wanted to see some feedback, if anyone would be interested in what I'm doing and if I should continue at all. At very least some constructive criticism would be nice.

And yes I know my mic is terrible I'm getting a new one soon.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is off topic at all.

EDIT: New videos have been uploaded, so I'm going to give a link for the videos page of the channel instead. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xylis0/videos
Last edited by Xylis on 08 Apr 2015, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Gameplay Videos

Post by MarKr »

Hi, I think it's a good idea so keep it up :)

However I think that most players would more appreciate commented replays videos. Or I don't know if MOST players but I always liked them more. A Youtube user called "Krebs" used to do such comented vids on vCoH which were good and quite funny at times.

So that's for me but it is your channel so it's up to you which way you're gonna go :).

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Good video, I am interested! :)

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

MarKr wrote:Hi, I think it's a good idea so keep it up :)

However I think that most players would more appreciate commented replays videos. Or I don't know if MOST players but I always liked them more. A Youtube user called "Krebs" used to do such comented vids on vCoH which were good and quite funny at times.

So that's for me but it is your channel so it's up to you which way you're gonna go :).

Thanks! I have a few more videos lined up, one of which is a gameplay commentary, and I do plan on doing more. And yes I know Krebs, love him, him and The Frontline Network are probably my most replayed subscriptions. Also Blitzkrieg Games also has some good games too, although in Russian so I decided I would make my own :D

Tiger1996 wrote:Good video, I am interested! :)

Thanks! Actually I have a gameplay commentary with you in it pulled from this forum :D, good to hear some positive feedback!

Krieger Blitzer

O.o Which one?! :P I guess u usually play with that guy called Achilles and that also my team almost always win :D Except maybe one time when I had 2 random guys. Is this is the game u pointing on?! If yes.. then I think it wasn't really interesting for uploading I believe.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Tiger1996 wrote:O.o Which one?! :P I guess u usually play with that guy called Achilles and that also my team almost always win :D Except maybe one time when I had 2 random guys. Is this is the game u pointing on?! If yes.. then I think it wasn't really interesting for uploading I believe.

It was not actually one where we fought each other, it was a 1v1 you posted on the forum recently, you vs Bullfuzzors on Angoville.
Bear in mind its a commentary of your replay not actually a live recording :D

Krieger Blitzer

Nice! :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

we should do such vids about 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games that last hours with impressive battles of tanks and with airplanes and artiller. That would be a nice promotion of BK mod :)
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

I have 2 more videos currently uploading, first one is a 1v1 commentary and should be up in approx. 2 hours. The second one is 2v2 gameplay.

Warhawks97 wrote:we should do such vids about 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games that last hours with impressive battles of tanks and with airplanes and artiller. That would be a nice promotion of BK mod :)

I would love to do a proper 3v3 or 4v4, but usually its hard to balanced teams that doesn't result in a stomp or spamfest, and lets be honest, majority of long game 3v3 or 4v4 end in Axis victory because of late game super tanks and OP infantry.

I currently have a couple of 2v2's in the works, but if we could manage to get a balanced 3v3 or 4v4 I'd love to record or do a commentary :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Xylis wrote:I have 2 more videos currently uploading, first one is a 1v1 commentary and should be up in approx. 2 hours. The second one is 2v2 gameplay.

Warhawks97 wrote:we should do such vids about 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games that last hours with impressive battles of tanks and with airplanes and artiller. That would be a nice promotion of BK mod :)

I would love to do a proper 3v3 or 4v4, but usually its hard to balanced teams that doesn't result in a stomp or spamfest, and lets be honest, majority of long game 3v3 or 4v4 end in Axis victory because of late game super tanks and OP infantry.

I currently have a couple of 2v2's in the works, but if we could manage to get a balanced 3v3 or 4v4 I'd love to record or do a commentary :D

Often it ends that way yes. Esspecially when booth teams are set randomly without much teamwork. But if you choosed the correct docs as allied with good teamplay and players with unit knowledge it is possible. Another prob is that it happens quite often that one side wins by stronger defense and beating the enemie by building more defensive stuff as it cam be destroyed. So best chances for open field battles with lots of inf and tanks is when booth sides have at least one stronger arty doc.

But sometimes games an be really "epic"^^ and ive won games as allied even when axis had 2 Tigers and 5 Panthers on a field already.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Xylis wrote:I have 2 more videos currently uploading, first one is a 1v1 commentary and should be up in approx. 2 hours. The second one is 2v2 gameplay.

Often it ends that way yes. Esspecially when booth teams are set randomly without much teamwork. But if you choosed the correct docs as allied with good teamplay and players with unit knowledge it is possible. Another prob is that it happens quite often that one side wins by stronger defense and beating the enemie by building more defensive stuff as it cam be destroyed. So best chances for open field battles with lots of inf and tanks is when booth sides have at least one stronger arty doc.

But sometimes games an be really "epic"^^ and ive won games as allied even when axis had 2 Tigers and 5 Panthers on a field already.

Wow nice, I'd love to have those replays if you saved them!
I'll be honest though, I rarely play 3v3 or 4v4, because without proper communication and game strategy its almost impossible to win vs axis, with the exception of fighting complete noobs, in which case, where is the fun in that?
I think many of the axis 'elite' units need to be rebalanced, for example Terror Doctrine Grenadiers, WE PanzerJagers(!!!!!!!!!!!!NERF PLEASE!!!!!!!!!), Geirbsjagers and Falcschrimjagers, these units can almost impossible to fight when in numbers, even with combined arms tactics, because they are so strong. And in a setting where you might be fighting 3 or 4 opponents all with said units, it just becomes a slaughterhouse for allied infantry and even tanks.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

There is a channel of 1 russian guy who also making very cool vids, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSZkYy0W4HPBKsp72xSK0xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zuY2b0caY

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:There is a channel of 1 russian guy who also making very cool vids, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSZkYy0W4HPBKsp72xSK0xg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zuY2b0caY

Yes! I am currently subscribed to Blitzkrieg Games and I very much enjoy his content, in fact his channel somewhat inspired my own.
I wholeheartedly recommend his videos, even if like me you don't understand russian, his videos are very much worth a watch.

Krieger Blitzer

Thank u really for that 1vs1 video which I am in! ;) U could also click on my name there on YouTube viewing my channel, where u will see some cool stuff regarding the Bk mod as well but those are not with a commentary... ^^

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Tiger1996 wrote:Thank u really for that 1vs1 video which I am in! ;) U could also click on my name there on YouTube viewing my channel, where u will see some cool stuff regarding the Bk mod as well but those are not with a commentary... ^^

Haha almost all of your videos seem to be about Tigers...but some nice videos nonetheless.
Also for some reason I cannot reply directly to your comments...maybe something to do with your account settings?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Xylis wrote:Wow nice, I'd love to have those replays if you saved them!
I'll be honest though, I rarely play 3v3 or 4v4, because without proper communication and game strategy its almost impossible to win vs axis, with the exception of fighting complete noobs, in which case, where is the fun in that?
I think many of the axis 'elite' units need to be rebalanced, for example Terror Doctrine Grenadiers, WE PanzerJagers(!!!!!!!!!!!!NERF PLEASE!!!!!!!!!), Geirbsjagers and Falcschrimjagers, these units can almost impossible to fight when in numbers, even with combined arms tactics, because they are so strong. And in a setting where you might be fighting 3 or 4 opponents all with said units, it just becomes a slaughterhouse for allied infantry and even tanks.

Haha.... my external drive is full with replays (hundreds) and there are also 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games that took hours. But they had been made in different versions (the epic games started in 4.5 version and 4.6 where i had really great and long battles. Today its a bit harder to find well balanced teams to do so. I for example play only with at least one mate in my team when i play allis but due to teamplay we then gonna smash the axis team. When i play allis only with randoms like i did last time its pretty hard to make a cool game and missing teamplay sucks or when they choose the wrong docs).

About your nerf things... well.... AT squad frontal rushing thing and esspecially in def doc with defensive training is a stupid story. Luftwaffe is strong but one dead men cost 45 to reinforce so its OK. More nasty as the luftwaffe inf are more the sd2 bomb/mines drop spam on maps like reversed defense or road to cherbourgh (and all 4 vs 4 maps) with endless sd2 across the map. 60% of my job as inf doc is then to spam engineers with mine sweepers (at best times i had 6-8 squads of them but still couldnt find and disable them as fast as they dropped). Really badass are sd2 vs brits when those have no more sapper squad and thus nothing to clean the field. Really madness is a team playing BK and luft doc and dropping all the time sd2´s covered by long range 88 and stuhs. I once had that on hill 112 and engineers got bashed by 88 and stuhs and fast tanks that tried to kill a stuh got immobilized by sd2. In such cases pure arty spam and CW arty can help. So on some maps with lots of ammo i fear sd2 more than anything else that comes from Luftwaffe doc.

Terror and def grens can currently smash any allied inf with ease in early mid stage with stgs, thats true. On long term you beat them with scotts, m16, Airborne masses or inf doc ranger spam+jumbo sherman.

Krieger Blitzer

@Xylis;
Hmm, I am not sure really about what could cause this... But it's definitely weird.. specifically since that a lot of others already replied to my comments in a direct way through out my own channel videos as u can see!! But well; this means I then have to manually check out ur comments which are pointed to me as I believe such an issue will lead to no notifications to be received about that :(

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Xylis wrote:Wow nice, I'd love to have those replays if you saved them!

Haha.... my external drive is full with replays (hundreds) and there are also 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games that took hours. But they had been made in different versions (the epic games started in 4.5 version and 4.6 where i had really great and long battles. Today its a bit harder to find well balanced teams to do so. I for example play only with at least one mate in my team when i play allis but due to teamplay we then gonna smash the axis team. When i play allis only with randoms like i did last time its pretty hard to make a cool game and missing teamplay sucks or when they choose the wrong docs).

About your nerf things... well.... AT squad frontal rushing thing and esspecially in def doc with defensive training is a stupid story. Luftwaffe is strong but one dead men cost 45 to reinforce so its OK. More nasty as the luftwaffe inf are more the sd2 bomb/mines drop spam on maps like reversed defense or road to cherbourgh (and all 4 vs 4 maps) with endless sd2 across the map. 60% of my job as inf doc is then to spam engineers with mine sweepers (at best times i had 6-8 squads of them but still couldnt find and disable them as fast as they dropped). Really badass are sd2 vs brits when those have no more sapper squad and thus nothing to clean the field. Really madness is a team playing BK and luft doc and dropping all the time sd2´s covered by long range 88 and stuhs. I once had that on hill 112 and engineers got bashed by 88 and stuhs and fast tanks that tried to kill a stuh got immobilized by sd2. In such cases pure arty spam and CW arty can help. So on some maps with lots of ammo i fear sd2 more than anything else that comes from Luftwaffe doc.

Terror and def grens can currently smash any allied inf with ease in early mid stage with stgs, thats true. On long term you beat them with scotts, m16, Airborne masses or inf doc ranger spam+jumbo sherman.

Full of replays! Do you happen to have any on 4.8? I would to love to get a hold of them if I could.

About the other stuff...I'm not sure of SD2 mines, I haven't really seen it that often, only once in a 2v2 and it to be fair, it was very annoying because for some reason my engineers refused to sweep them. But yes, I think that the stuh42 range is far too long, it can shoot a sherman without it being able to fire back, a bit stupid in my opinion.

I'm not so sure about your terror and def grens, I've found them almost impossible to fight on parity, you cannot fight them at long range with rangers, you will always lose with little to no damage on grens, and if you try and rush they can throw incendiary grenades which will kill 3-4 men on impact and and more if you stick in the fire. You can't even grenade them out properly because axis grenade range is far longer than allied grenade range, and he can pre-emptively grenade you before you get the chance. The only way I've found how to kill them is to distract with a couple of squads then flank the retreat path to kill them off. Bear in mind you need minimum of 3 ranger squads to kill 1(!) grenadier squad. It's ridiculous.
One other method I've had success with is using rifleman riflegrenade, the only thing that can outrange grenadier grenade throw. Even then you have to be in cover with your rifles or MG42 cuts down your entire squad. Even this tactic fails alot because he can pre-emptively see the grenade in flight, and retreat or move. Often the the riflegrenade will simply miss completely as well.

On the topic of M16 Quad and M8 Scott...I haven't used M8 Scott enough to judge so I won't talk about that. However the quad I often find simply gets rushed and shrek'd by the gren in question. Often they will take no suppression from all the fire and just walk through it and blow up the halftrack. Even when it does suppress, often the gren will simply get up in between bursts and keep walking. You might say that quad is meant to kill, not suppress, but at long range quad doesn't even kill all that effectively anyway, and if you get any closer then it gets blown up by shrek.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

oh yeah.... it needs long experience oO. And yeah... its a bit silly with grens and to stop them. One prob is the massive range of hendheld AT and since pretty much every US weapon works on mid-short range the schrecks will always be in range (range is almost as high as sherman main canon range with HE rounds). You need constant micro with inf and vehicles to beat most axis inf and you must somehow try to keep out of range. If you want to fight successfull with rifle squads then you have to learn how to handle 5 squads of them+ captain without blobbing them and giving to all simultaneous orders. I have a programm where i can see the clicks per minute made by players. Result often is that my clicks per min are 3-5 times higher than those of axis when i play with any allied infantry. Its almost every second a click (choosing other squad and give new orders etc).

And with stuh etc its pure bullshit. I hate all of these super range units. The stuh has the longest range of all vehicles and many axis players playing BK doc just for stuhs covered by million of paks. Stupa has 80 range and thus 5 more than paks and scott has also more range than tanks (but not more than paks). Its really bullshit as all of them can immobilize and then shoot enemie tanks untill they die and there is no real chance to repair them. I really hate such units. I did open many topics about it suggesting to give all of them normal tank range and in case of stuh reduced cost then. But nobody wanted that. What i really hate is when such units are used as "I force my enemie to attack me and rushing into an ambush." Like:" Do nothing and the super range units gonna kill all of your units or attack and lose all your units against the paks and THßs. One famous scenario is def doc stupa+Tankbuster IV/A and schreck squad. Even when those super range units do not hit with every shot they do force the enemie to do something if they dont want to get their entire units bombed. So the options are arty or attack but attack ends then often in ambushes etc. Often when you play against some newbie/average axis teams they onyl do it that way. mostly open maps and HR and setting up instantly bunkers and paks and then using long range 88, stuhs, stupa to win. I call that "offensive camping" and i consider stuhs and stupa (and now scott partly) as "arty for free" units. Beside the silly impact of the gameplay its also highly unrealistic that all of them outrange Tanks with very long barreld guns.

SD2 are ok in 2 vs 2 as ammo income isnt so high and as the map area is smaller and thus you see usually where sd2´s are and engineers are quickly deployed. But on 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 there can be a real rain of SD2. All 30 or 45 seconds a new minefield anywhere of the map. Engineers do not sweep them away when they shoot enemies.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Warhawks97 wrote:oh yeah.... it needs long experience oO. And yeah... its a bit silly with grens and to stop them. One prob is the massive range of hendheld AT and since pretty much every US weapon works on mid-short range the schrecks will always be in range (range is almost as high as sherman main canon range with HE rounds). You need constant micro with inf and vehicles to beat most axis inf and you must somehow try to keep out of range. If you want to fight successfull with rifle squads then you have to learn how to handle 5 squads of them+ captain without blobbing them and giving to all simultaneous orders. I have a programm where i can see the clicks per minute made by players. Result often is that my clicks per min are 3-5 times higher than those of axis when i play with any allied infantry. Its almost every second a click (choosing other squad and give new orders etc).

And with stuh etc its pure bullshit. I hate all of these super range units. The stuh has the longest range of all vehicles and many axis players playing BK doc just for stuhs covered by million of paks. Stupa has 80 range and thus 5 more than paks and scott has also more range than tanks (but not more than paks). Its really bullshit as all of them can immobilize and then shoot enemie tanks untill they die and there is no real chance to repair them. I really hate such units. I did open many topics about it suggesting to give all of them normal tank range and in case of stuh reduced cost then. But nobody wanted that. What i really hate is when such units are used as "I force my enemie to attack me and rushing into an ambush." Like:" Do nothing and the super range units gonna kill all of your units or attack and lose all your units against the paks and THßs. One famous scenario is def doc stupa+Tankbuster IV/A and schreck squad. Even when those super range units do not hit with every shot they do force the enemie to do something if they dont want to get their entire units bombed. So the options are arty or attack but attack ends then often in ambushes etc. Often when you play against some newbie/average axis teams they onyl do it that way. mostly open maps and HR and setting up instantly bunkers and paks and then using long range 88, stuhs, stupa to win. I call that "offensive camping" and i consider stuhs and stupa (and now scott partly) as "arty for free" units. Beside the silly impact of the gameplay its also highly unrealistic that all of them outrange Tanks with very long barreld guns.

SD2 are ok in 2 vs 2 as ammo income isnt so high and as the map area is smaller and thus you see usually where sd2´s are and engineers are quickly deployed. But on 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 there can be a real rain of SD2. All 30 or 45 seconds a new minefield anywhere of the map. Engineers do not sweep them away when they shoot enemies.

Yes, I think stuh42 and Stupa are the worst offenders of the 'kill everything even if you're not supposed to' units that the axis seem to have so many of. It will kill a sherman in 2 shots (a unit that I would consider to be the proper hard counter, a 76 sherman should always kill a stuh unless incredible luck or skill), and it will also kill 4-6men in an infantry squad. Where is the counter? Even vs pershing it will often take 1/4 health and/or disable, destroy main gun etc. And often against AT guns they shoot out the crew or destroy the gun before it dies(something I see all too often with pretty much any axis tank).

Usually I tend to go for infantry doctrine as the US, because if you get pushed off the field, theres nothing really you can do to get back on it, aside from arty spam or massive overwhelming numbers (2-3 times the defending force). Even then you have a very hard time and big chance of failure. And if you realise that a stuh costs 480mp and the sherman 400mp(not sure of 76 cost), then you are only barely winning the manpower war if you somehow manage to only take 1 for 1 tank losses.
My strategy is usually to very aggressively take and hold for as long as possible, because I find that if you let the axis have the field then they can very quickly make it impossible to retake(as you said, camouflage paks, panzer jager squads, stuhs, and other high armour units that have stupid range). The only way to break it is intelligent use of arty, alongside with good recon.

In fact, there are so many 'counter everything' axis units. Stuh is one of example, as well as puma 20mm which will kill any halftrack in seconds, as well infantry (whereas US has to get separate vehicles for each role, 57mm halftrack and quad .50cal), grenadier squads, even volk get panzerfaust as an extremely good anti tank. Not to mention that every tank and halftrack will have 1-3 MGs on them which shred infantry(even specialised artillery halftracks like panzerwerfer opel maultier has a functioning mg42), which turns almost any vehicle into a potential anti infantry weapon. Lets not forget panzer jager squads who can often kill engineer and riflemen squads at range, with only 2 kar98ks, because of their stupid amounts of health and armour. Even rangers they will sometimes kill 1 man with each volley.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

I used to watch ImperialDane's channel called Propagandacast. I liked his commentary on vcoh maps. this may give you some ideas. it helped me learn the game and was fun. never saw such a channel for BK mod.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Propagandacast

good luck

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Xylis wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:oh yeah.... it needs long experience oO. And yeah... its a bit silly with grens and to stop them. One prob is the massive range of hendheld AT and since pretty much every US weapon works on mid-short range the schrecks will always be in range (range is almost as high as sherman main canon range with HE rounds). You need constant micro with inf and vehicles to beat most axis inf and you must somehow try to keep out of range. If you want to fight successfull with rifle squads then you have to learn how to handle 5 squads of them+ captain without blobbing them and giving to all simultaneous orders. I have a programm where i can see the clicks per minute made by players. Result often is that my clicks per min are 3-5 times higher than those of axis when i play with any allied infantry. Its almost every second a click (choosing other squad and give new orders etc).

Yes, I think stuh42 and Stupa are the worst offenders of the 'kill everything even if you're not supposed to' units that the axis seem to have so many of. It will kill a sherman in 2 shots (a unit that I would consider to be the proper hard counter, a 76 sherman should always kill a stuh unless incredible luck or skill), and it will also kill 4-6men in an infantry squad. Where is the counter? Even vs pershing it will often take 1/4 health and/or disable, destroy main gun etc. And often against AT guns they shoot out the crew or destroy the gun before it dies(something I see all too often with pretty much any axis tank).

Usually I tend to go for infantry doctrine as the US, because if you get pushed off the field, theres nothing really you can do to get back on it, aside from arty spam or massive overwhelming numbers (2-3 times the defending force). Even then you have a very hard time and big chance of failure. And if you realise that a stuh costs 480mp and the sherman 400mp(not sure of 76 cost), then you are only barely winning the manpower war if you somehow manage to only take 1 for 1 tank losses.
My strategy is usually to very aggressively take and hold for as long as possible, because I find that if you let the axis have the field then they can very quickly make it impossible to retake(as you said, camouflage paks, panzer jager squads, stuhs, and other high armour units that have stupid range). The only way to break it is intelligent use of arty, alongside with good recon.

In fact, there are so many 'counter everything' axis units. Stuh is one of example, as well as puma 20mm which will kill any halftrack in seconds, as well infantry (whereas US has to get separate vehicles for each role, 57mm halftrack and quad .50cal), grenadier squads, even volk get panzerfaust as an extremely good anti tank. Not to mention that every tank and halftrack will have 1-3 MGs on them which shred infantry(even specialised artillery halftracks like panzerwerfer opel maultier has a functioning mg42), which turns almost any vehicle into a potential anti infantry weapon. Lets not forget panzer jager squads who can often kill engineer and riflemen squads at range, with only 2 kar98ks, because of their stupid amounts of health and armour. Even rangers they will sometimes kill 1 man with each volley.

Even if the stuh alone is not OP as every second shot is a miss or only every third a good hit its often that it somehow forces someone to do something. And since only CW arty has potent arty (and inf doc good of map arty if the ammo is neough) you often are forced to attack it which often ends up in a happy schreck meal or Flak panzer disaster. Its even worse when the entire team counts on this range by using only 88, stuh, Marder I, Gebirgs inf and then on maps like wolfheze. And then you have like one arty sherman or one single calli to deal with it while enemies gonna smash your one men defense or emplacment or one pak defense with double maultier or or nebler :D

What you can also obersve is that a axis pio volley right kills away a ranger or a ranger squad during assault. Recently even two rangers died at distance with 8 k98 shots of pios. My opponent called me a cheater.

and yeah, if axis hold 50% of the map in mid game and when allis have no ideas how to get forward with tricky vehicle moves or risky glider drops axis will most likely win. HMG´s and 50 mm paks (or even 88 with luft doc) up quickly and then wait for heavy tanks, heavier defense and arty.

when i play allis when i dont see any really agressive gameplay from allis withing the first 15-20 min i know that i won already in many cases. I just have to decide how i want to win.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

lunarwolf wrote:I used to watch ImperialDane's channel called Propagandacast. I liked his commentary on vcoh maps. this may give you some ideas. it helped me learn the game and was fun. never saw such a channel for BK mod.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Propagandacast

good luck

Yes, I have seen ImperialDane's videos, and while he does have a very unique style of casting, I'm not really going to try and specifically emulate anyone in particular. The BK commentary that I give is going to be how I do it myself, trying to act and react like someone else is just plain farce in my opinion.
But thanks for the suggestion! And who knows, I may pull some inspiration from his work in some way.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

I wasn't suggesting you impersonate Imperial Dane :D

I only mentioned him because you seem to want to do something similar and it is always useful to see what the "competition" is doing as it can give you ideas of what works or can be improved. obviously he has his own personality/style, but what I liked is that he was making strategic analysis/giving insights on player choices/tactics which is helpful, not just describing what was happening literally

anyway I watched one of your videos on Langres and honestly stopped after a few minutes: first the game is uninteresting since the match wasn't very good tbh (3 min before the first riflemen were fielded, the US guy built a recon/spotter unit before and Axis dude had 2 snipers lol - after 10 minutes looked like half the points were still not capped on such a small map, I could go on...). furthermore, I only saw one side. it would be helpful if you could toggle between both camps to see what was going on a global perspective. lastly, you didn't really say anything. maybe I didn't watch enough or it was a work in progress video

anyway good luck w/ your endeavour
Last edited by lunarwolf on 10 Apr 2015, 14:49, edited 8 times in total.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

Warhawks97 wrote:Even if the stuh alone is not OP as every second shot is a miss or only every third a good hit its often that it somehow forces someone to do something. And since only CW arty has potent arty (and inf doc good of map arty if the ammo is neough) you often are forced to attack it which often ends up in a happy schreck meal or Flak panzer disaster. Its even worse when the entire team counts on this range by using only 88, stuh, Marder I, Gebirgs inf and then on maps like wolfheze. And then you have like one arty sherman or one single calli to deal with it while enemies gonna smash your one men defense or emplacment or one pak defense with double maultier or or nebler :D

What you can also obersve is that a axis pio volley right kills away a ranger or a ranger squad during assault. Recently even two rangers died at distance with 8 k98 shots of pios. My opponent called me a cheater.

and yeah, if axis hold 50% of the map in mid game and when allis have no ideas how to get forward with tricky vehicle moves or risky glider drops axis will most likely win. HMG´s and 50 mm paks (or even 88 with luft doc) up quickly and then wait for heavy tanks, heavier defense and arty.

when i play allis when i dont see any really agressive gameplay from allis withing the first 15-20 min i know that i won already in many cases. I just have to decide how i want to win.

Well like I said I don't have much experience with 3v3 or 4v4 but I do agree that the axis defensive line is almost impossible to break without on and off map artillery spam.
And with regards to Kar90k vs M1 Garand, I think there is a balance issue that must be addressed here. While at short range M1 Garand beats Kar98k due to better rate of fire, the damage output falls off ridiculously quickly, and inherently Blitzkrieg is not a short range designed game. Even the small potential superiority that it has in the early game, it quickly gets nullified by mp40s, mp44, and grenadier health and armour.
Basically the Kar98k is in almost every respect far superior to the garand, in terms of accuracy and long range rate of fire. This means that many units without weapon upgrades are just straight up worse than than their counterparts, except in very specific scenarios, for example non-upgraded volk will almost always beat non-upgraded riflemen except in close quarters, and trying to close that distance is often suicide.
This is why we see pios killing 1 or 2 rangers because they HAVE to close in to do any damage, while axis units can simply sit back in cover and still do decent damage. Without upgrades rangers are often completely useless, only better than riflemen because of health and armour, compared to a grenadier which has significantly more use than a volk squad, even without upgrades.
Kar98k vs Enfield is actually quite balanced however, both are fairly comparable with damage output and rate of fire.

I'd love to play some games with you and chat - my steam is Ahleks or account name xylis0