Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Consti255

BK is nearly perfect except AB

Post by Consti255 »

Nerf Mencius

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: BK is nearly perfect except AB

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I honestly think AB used to be perfect before the new BK iteration. With current AA effectiveness, even Thunderbolt patrol won't be a problem.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

AB patrols like base bombarding so it's good that we can counter them now. I really hates when AB strafe runs shred my vet6 Assault Grenadiers :'(

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Well yeah.
I loved the old AB doc. with the og HQ sqaud.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

AB SUCKS

just tried a game again and it SUCKS. it doesnt matter what way you go. I tried HMG drop and AT drop. Didnt help. While i spend 2 CP´s for them, enemies came with a stug and nebelwerfer.

I got the 10st with combat training: 1 volley from Heavy assault squad with G43 and my i lost 3 men. Me yellow cover, they negative. I killed two of them, they then turned arround and shred me in a volley.

I needed 6 RL hits and a pen with sherman against stug to kill it. Gun crit, engine damaged, further shots didnt do much. Its MG shred 4 of my men during this process.

So, i spend 2 CP into AT gun and weapon drops, 2 into AB units, 3 into planes and strafes. Enemie so far didnt spend CP for anything and came back with a Tiger. Well, thats it. If you have fully unlocked the stuff in the doctrine, you get the shit your enemies (esspecially PE) can get literally by default.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Going to post my CP tree rework again for AB Doctrine I did a long time back (just changed the airplane unlocks a bit):

The airborne tree really needs more flexibility because going down a straight path makes it too predictable on what you can do for the opponent.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

CP tree by Mencius looks amazing! Besides, Thunderbolt bombs should be able to kill tanks again. As well as combat HQ team + 101s pre patch edition, with flame nades and 3 Bars load out possible.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I like that suggestion as well. But i think i already mentioned that many times. The WP shot unlock is not needed though. It can be used by that combat training thing we currently got.

I think most important is that the 101st gets cheaper because the cost for what they do are insane. And since the doc is infantry focused, the HQ its nice to see the HQ squad being available after 3 CP instead of 6. That would help the 101st a lot.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 07:35
CP tree by Mencius looks amazing! Besides, Thunderbolt bombs should be able to kill tanks again. As well as combat HQ team + 101s pre patch edition, with flame nades and 3 Bars load out possible.
Oh and add airdropped Pershing pls

No but seriously, aren't those suggestions equal to returning to v5.0?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

And what was wrong with AB in 5.0 besides the Thunderbolt patrol that was way too powerful because AA didn’t work properly?

As Axis I used to love facing AB as only top notch players could handle Luft or BK with it. It was truly dangerous only in very late game. It was way more fun then current spam of imba strafes, Shermans and MG team drops.

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 00:04
Going to post my CP tree rework again for AB Doctrine I did a long time back (just changed the airplane unlocks a bit):

The airborne tree really needs more flexibility because going down a straight path makes it too predictable on what you can do for the opponent.
I like this tree

Leenday

Post by Leenday »

Either I can play every div thoughtfully and pretty good but this or AB sucks huge [panthered]. To be fair I can't bring myself to play this mess.

My biggest concern is it doesn't have any early game good stuff. There are 12 divs in the game and 11 of them have good earlies or at least can ramp up to a tech comeback. And then we have AB that has to survive on riflemen only at first to inevitably lose anyway because what does it really have.

I play both sides and got absolutely zero bias. I think best div in the game is US AD (I value cheap tanks to snowball) and it is argueable I'm sure. But I'd double down that AB is the worst in the game.

Am I that bad of a player? If so tell me AB builds.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

I like the tree.

Still i support the combat HQ sqaud. There is no need for Snipers or any fancy stuff. Just the only combat capable unit in the game is fitting imo.

Like Hawks said. The Phosphor shot could be replaced by the training for the 82.
Nerf Mencius