US vs Scout Car

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
berse2212

US vs Scout Car

Post by berse2212 »

Hi,

when I play as US army I am always struggling vs. early scout cars. What is a general good strategy to counter those? I usually build an early pak but if it's out of position or gets flanked I am absolutely doomed. Recently I started to integrate grenade launcher (or what it is called) on my rifle man groups but the scout car can crush me before I even have one or glitches out and gets killed.

Also additional note: I usually play 2 on 2 and have a Brit mate. Mostly he comes over with his at inf to help me early on but that can leave him vulnerable. It would be best if I could handle them on my own. We also play with low res.

So how can I improve my gameplan to not get crushed by them so often?

Edit: I usually opt for the infantry commander.

Walderschmidt

Re: US vs Scout Car

Post by Walderschmidt »

1) Play high resources not low resources or else the early game is rock paper scissors. This game is balanced for high resources not low resources.
2) Figure our where the scout car is gonna come from and make tour at fun face there. It cannot go through, so wire things off if you have to.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I think the earliest US unit capable of killing armored cars are the .50cal Jeeps. PE scout cars are armed with MGs. The MGs can destroy the .50cal Jeep in Infantry doc but the .50cal on the Jeep can usually destroy the scout car faster (depending on situation and RNG luck). Airborne doc has the armored Jeep so the MG on a scout car cannot do much against it. Armor doc has the Jeep with Recoilless rifle which can kill the cars quickly too. Even if the Jeep doesn't destroy the scout car, if you keep the jeep around it should make the scout car think twice to rush into your infantry.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Best strat is AB doc. RL jeep and normal jeeps. With some luck you can score some kills, unlock vehicle cap points and try to get field domination and quick capturing for more ressources.

Most annoying are AT guns missing the car which happens quite frequently. Or it doesnt kill the target. PE on HR is a tough enemie since they can produce units out of 3 buildings right away with enough fuel for up to three vehicles backed up by lots of inf and AT guns. Thats why playing armor doc is always helpfull in any team game vs PE.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

double 37mm and your starting riflemens with grenade launchers

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Walderschmidt wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 19:54
1) Play high resources not low resources or else the early game is rock paper scissors. This game is balanced for high resources not low resources.
Wald
RLY?! @Mark is that true?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

crazzy501 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 19:06
Walderschmidt wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 19:54
Wald
RLY?! @Mark is that true?
If you think about... yeah...

You can only make 1 unit at a time with low resources and at most 3 units before you need to start thinking about tiering up. What happens if your first unit is countered by the enemy unit? If you make a rifle team and the enemy makes an mg, you basically lose control over the middle. If you make a sniper and the enemy makes a jeep/bike, what are you going to do? Try to snipe the engine at a .0005% chance while the jeep just sits on the middle high fuel point? With good players, the fuel lead basically means GG, because a good player will transition to a tank before the losing player can even get AT to stop the tank. All because you chose the wrong unit as your first unit.

Players love playing maps that have 1 point of contention, 1 critical point people constantly fight over. Unless players start playing maps that don't have more than 1 "control to win" location, low resources is basically rock paper scissors. That's why at higher levels and serious games, players spend the first 5 minutse focusing on "not losing" instead of trying to gambit into a rock paper scissors win.

Take this post as example, wth does a US player do against a sct car opening on low resources? No choice but to go double AT or something to stop the incoming sct car. Double AT gun? you can kiss capture power good bye. And if PE player just decides NOT to go sct car, they will walk over the AT guns and get fuel lead, transition to tanks, gg. Rock paper scissors.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Just play High Res.
Its more forgiving and fun.
Nerf Mencius

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Thanks for the answeres! I really don't like playing on high res..

Also building double PAK seems like a waste of resources. They get useless pretty quickly and that's 420mp down the drain then...

I guess I just have to rely on my mate then lol

H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher »

Your only reliable counter on low res is a 37mm gun or riflemen with grenade launchers as the Americans.

With the British you are afforded the most flexible option of the Boy's AT as they are the most mobile and economic of early AT options for Allies.

Low resources is rock, paper, scissors and games can decided quite fast because of this unfortunately. As stated on high res you have a larger plethora of openings to pick from as both Allies and Axis.

For the Americans against people I know who enjoy going PE car heavy in high resource games, my opening strategy as American Infantry is typically:

1. Barracks into riflemen.
2. WSC built immediately after barracks.
3. Build 2nd tier of jeep from HQ.
4. Immediately begin building Motor Pool.
5. Upon completion of Motor Pool, queue up Bazooka Team.
6. Build whatever unit you feel you need for your opening after that.

After the 2nd Jeep, I like to queue up a 37mm gun to follow them up. You can also build more rifles, MG squads, ETC. You typically only have enough for one or two unit though after this opening.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The cooldown on HEAT is damn long though. So, even if you hit it, you gotta retreat. Also has huge minimum distance.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

berse2212

Post by berse2212 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
08 May 2021, 19:01
The cooldown on HEAT is damn long though. So, even if you hit it, you gotta retreat. Also has huge minimum distance.
Yes you basically have to rush the scout car and hit it twice with HEAT. It also takes a ridiculous time to get this ability to fire. Any good scout car is not hit by that or simply destroys the rifles.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

berse2212 wrote:
05 May 2021, 17:42

Also building double PAK seems like a waste of resources. They get useless pretty quickly and that's 420mp down the drain then...

Trust me. The game is WAAAY more balanced and forgiving arround high ressources.
It also opens up to way more balanced or safe opens.
The Devs even said it like 10 times now that all the changes are more aimed for the high ressources instead of standard

I even suggested that they need to change the name from the game modes into:

Standard ressources = low ressources
High ressources = Standard ressources

So people finally get the myth out of their head that axis are favored in a high ressource game which is basicly not close to beeing true.
They also wanted it already to change it that way, but sadly they dont find the files where to change the name. :D
Nerf Mencius

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Consti255 wrote:
11 May 2021, 22:04
berse2212 wrote:
05 May 2021, 17:42

Trust me. The game is WAAAY more balanced and forgiving arround high ressources.
It also opens up to way more balanced or safe opens.
The Devs even said it like 10 times now that all the changes are more aimed for the high ressources instead of standard

I even suggested that they need to change the name from the game modes into:

Standard ressources = low ressources
High ressources = Standard ressources

So people finally get the myth out of their head that axis are favored in a high ressource game which is basicly not close to beeing true.
They also wanted it already to change it that way, but sadly they dont find the files where to change the name. :D
Yep
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.