New Howitzer

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Volksgrenadiers

New Howitzer

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

What would you guys say about new Howitzer to BK?
Solution is SFH18 (schwere Feldhaubitze) 15cm heavy field artillery. We could put it in Def and SE doc or at least in one of them as a reward unit.
In Def it could be changed as reward for Grille and in Se for Hummel both of them have 15cm guns so it should be equal exchange.
The gun will be set as stationary howitzer same as LFH18. It will shoot in salve(12 shots) for 90 or 100 munition have crew of 5 soldiers.
This will be new and reasonable and effective for BK mod.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
SFH18.jpg

Warhawks97

Re: New Howitzer

Post by Warhawks97 »

Model?
And the same way we could request Long Toms as well.

The Grille has 150 mm but thats all what it has in common with the SFH 18. The Grille is not an howitzer, its an infantry support gun, the largest of its kind.
It bothers me to this day that the grille was introduced as if it is a normal howitzer.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We don't make models so if the model hasn't been made by someone else, there is 0 chance to add it.

Also, isn't the Hummel basically this gun mounted on tracks? I don't think many people would choose to build a stationary howitzer when they can have a mobile version which is much harder to counter-arty. It is the same situation as in Infantry doc where people usually choose the Priest over the static 105 howitzer.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 23:30

Also, isn't the Hummel basically this gun mounted on tracks? I don't think many people would choose to build a stationary howitzer when they can have a mobile version which is much harder to counter-arty. It is the same situation as in Infantry doc where people usually choose the Priest over the static 105 howitzer.
Its the same as mounted on Hummel.

People do use stationary howitzers a lot more bc they are cheaper, have more range, fire faster and i think more shells in a barrage. I barely use the Priest due to its CP cost and because the Long Tom is a waste in CP´s.

However, when a howitzer would be a reward to a mobile version i think players would always use the mobile version ofc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Volksgrenadiers

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

About a model it shouldt be so hard cuz we can use model as lfh18 just with bigger gun from hummel, all stuff is in game alreasy just need to put them together ,same stuff how with nebel you can see only little difference between 150-210 nebel and there was far more static artilery then mobile.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Making a new model isn't just "take what already exists and make it bigger". The guns looked a bit different, so that would need to be changed (because otherwise the "historical accuracy" people will complain that it is not SHF18), if you change the size and all the needed parts to make it look like an actual SFH 18, you'll need to adjust animations, then create new textures...

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

i like the idea but as Markr said: why would you build it instead of a Hummel ?
Also if you give them a 3. 150mm option with even more range than the Hummel with the rocket shells. This could be a pain to deal with as US getting outranged with the 105mm from the 150mm.
As def you set a möbelwagen aside and you are good to go.
I think a better change wouldve been to swap for example the Long Tom with the Priest.
So you get a bigger gun but stationary. Swapping out a 150mm self propelled with a 150mm stationary feels kinda wired ?
Nerf Mencius