Feedback from 2 new BK players

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Malarki83

Feedback from 2 new BK players

Post by Malarki83 »

Hey everyone!

My brother and i, both CoH players since the release of the SP Demo back in 2006, stumbled over this mod last week and since then we both play almost every evening versus AI. Though we love all the new units, the damage system and so on, but the way the AI cheats can kill the motivation sometimes.
WE ARE aware that in vCoH the AI already no fog of war and increased resource income, but we noticed it has greater accuracy. AI controlled tanks always hit with their first shot, while on our side our tanks, or AT guns, miss at first. Then the accuracy of AI controlled mortars, it seems they always land on spot where he needs the hits.
Next, pathfinding of player-controlled vehicles, is sometimes FUBAR. Simple orders can turn into huge disasters, like turning around on spot when you just want him to drive backwards a few meters or wanting to change the face of direction. Instead of turning the front armor towards the enemy, he shows his butt to him....
Third thing, we cannot explain yet, maybe it´s another AI feature, the AoE of machine-gun suppression. It seems the AI has a way bigger AoE when laying down suppressing fire on infantry. And it doesn´t matter if we play Axis or the Allies.

EDIT: Something i forget to mention, when calling in an artillery or air-strike on AI units, he moves them instantly away from the impact zone.

Warhawks97

Re: Feedback from 2 new BK players

Post by Warhawks97 »

The mortar thing can be explained by the fact that AI uses a lot of them.

What you said is true but beating AI is not impossible. Its hard to do something about it (except pathfinding which hopefully has some sort of fix in futrue and when possible).

The majority of the mentioned stuff can simply be explained by the numbers they use and the use of abilites since AI has the res to do so.

Emplaced AT guns are often one of the best tools to handle AI armor spam.

And yes, Ai instantly knows when you call an airstike or arty strike.

I hope you will find your way to the PvP section as well.

And welcome to BK mod.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 21:52
I hope you will find your way to the PvP section as well.
PvP not fun coz of 90% units not come to fight do to their costs. Nobody want's to fight "special missions". PvP it's just about win meta.
Playing vs CPU gives u chance to make fun with any unit of your loved doctrine

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

Thanks for the welcome! But you will never see one of us 2 playing PvP (negative experiences in vCoH, and we are more the Coop players :D )

It already happens when he just uses ONE mortar unit, or self propelled mortar, like the half-track variants.
I don´t know if possible to fix, but it would already be helpful if the enemy AI has to deal with fog-of-war as an aliied AI has to.
We beat the AI almost every time, but we already had 2 or 3 games, 2vs2AI, where we had to give up. Especially when it´s against german AI using defensive doctrine. His buildings, armed with MG´s because of the doctrine, suppress our infantry from a ridicolous long distance. And his AT guns between the buildings, tear our tanks apart from afar. And we had to give up because we didn´t make any progress. It was like a never ending siege hahaha

Oh btw, how can airborne troops acquire the Thompson SMG? It´s says "Must be near Airborne HQ", but when sending them there, the SMG button still stays grayed out.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Malarki83 wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 22:34
Oh btw, how can airborne troops acquire the Thompson SMG? It´s says "Must be near Airborne HQ", but when sending them there, the SMG button still stays grayed out.
Bring them close to the AB Command Squad.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hi and welcome!

AI always cheats on the ammount of resources they get but I don't think they get any buff in terms of accuracy, damage, AoE and other similar things. I've never seen any settings anywhere that would give AI these bonuses, though I am not 100% because I've never looked for anything like that but it doesn't feel right even if just because I've seen AI units miss their first shots.

The pathfinding can be messed up but kwok said he would look into the settings so maybe there will be some improvement.

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

Diablo wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 22:55
Bring them close to the AB Command Squad.
Will try that out next time, thanks!
MarKr wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 23:05
Hi and welcome!

AI always cheats on the ammount of resources they get but I don't think they get any buff in terms of accuracy, damage, AoE and other similar things. I've never seen any settings anywhere that would give AI these bonuses, though I am not 100% because I've never looked for anything like that but it doesn't feel right even if just because I've seen AI units miss their first shots.

The pathfinding can be messed up but kwok said he would look into the settings so maybe there will be some improvement.
We already noticed this AI behaviour in vCoH, no Fog-of-War, increased accuracy for mortar units, we are not joking.